What has brown done to me?!

arice11

I know I have to see it out. I'm not complaining. I will become a driver. I just don't like the mad house my preload has become. It makes the wait a challenge not to snap and toss a box into a new hires head.
I didn't spend 3 years on my A game to watch lazy unmotivated new-hires waltz about the building taking their time. IN the beginning I almost got fired for the exact behavior but our supervisors know to look the other way because we've been understaffed before and it reflected so badly that we ended up changing management.
That started my whole ordeal with what-s-her-face. Hahaha.
I need to update that thread!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I know I have to see it out. I'm not complaining. I will become a driver. I just don't like the mad house my preload has become. It makes the wait a challenge not to snap and toss a box into a new hires head.
I didn't spend 3 years on my A game to watch lazy unmotivated new-hires waltz about the building taking their time. IN the beginning I almost got fired for the exact behavior but our supervisors know to look the other way because we've been understaffed before and it reflected so badly that we ended up changing management.
No...you don't. NO one cares.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Ummm...3 years? Nov 2012- Feb 2015....is just a tad over 2 years, no?? Exaggerate much?
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/the-right-way-or-the-wrong-way.347426/

oldngray

nowhere special
Ummm...3 years? Nov 2012- Feb 2015....is just a tad over 2 years, no??
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/the-right-way-or-the-wrong-way.347426/

Maybe he used Common Core math?
2and2.jpg

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Try working 8 yrs, pt, driving 76 miles one way to take a driving job in a town you have never been in, getting cut to 9.11 an hour to start , and having 30 yrs, and not enough to retire, then cry.

Dr.Brownz

HAHA I was in your position not to long ago. My only advice is to just go in and do whatever your job is and forget about it afterwards. Let the supervisors worry about your co-workers, just do your job at your pace, don't feel compelled to "make up for them". Do the job at your pace. This is advice for when you start driving to. Don't ever run, unless you want to run everyday for the next 30 years. The standard that UPS has brainwashed us to believe is a good pace is unsustainable. This job can cause alot of stress and if you carry it with you it will kill you. Gotta learn to just do it and not give a :censored2:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yeah, like when it wants me to do 17 stops by 1030, when I get to my area at 940. Try and put that cluster back together.

Dr.Brownz

Yeah, like when it wants me to do 17 stops by 1030, when I get to my area at 940. Try and put that cluster back together.

Wait does ORION include live time allowances projections or something? :censored2:, that will be like having a sup in car at all time yelling to go faster

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Trust me dude its a TOTAL CIRCUS up in the big leagues of driving too. Its the most incompetent, retarded, and funniest place ive ever worked. You just go with the flow cause every day on this job is just mass chaos, freaked up place to work lol.

arice11

This was my third peak season so it is 3 for me. Still riding this one out.
Never shocked at the butt holes and their opinions on this site.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Wait does ORION include live time allowances projections or something? :censored2:, that will be like having a sup in car at all time yelling to go faster
I don't have it but yes I'm under the assumption that it basically has a time next to each stop that it expects you to deliver that stop at.

arice11

I know a certain person who became a driver within three years, she started as a cover but within the year she's up to full.
LUCKY!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Why yes it does, glad you asked.

Orion told me I would be done at 5:22. I was elated. I made all kinds of plans for my evening....NOT. I havent been done before 8:30 in months. I got done at 8:40. Now I guess if I had followed it and done all the backs it wanted, delivered all my 40 pkg bulk stops and schools after they closed, I might have gotten done by 5:22. But instead I was 22 miles over, and 3 hours late.

I have big issues backing a p1000 in driveways with big piles of snow with a 2inch cement pad. Not safe. I also had to wash my windows and tail lights, side door, and headlights off, with that hose thing the guys and girls at night used to be allowed to use occasionally, as my center manager fumed. What can he say?

, Its all about safety, and its not safe when you cannot see out your windows, mirrors, or side door. On a sunshiny 0 degree day. How can you expect to be able to keep space on all four sides, when you cannot see out your passenger door or window? Looks like a possible sideswipe to me. But dont code off any of that time to car wash because we have a metric on that. And dont code off the .50 you spent loading your car, we have to have the preload show a great metric. Blame blame blame the driver.

And dont deviate from orion, but dont have late air, Follow it 85% but I have to make 15 deviations just to make service. Dont give me a sheet of stuff to fix that they and every other driver and management knows is wrong, because we dont have the power or the intelligence to fix, just do it.

Everyone keeps telling me, why dont you just retire. Why should I retire, because they cant do their job? I am still doing mine. Might be older and a tad bit slower, but I have 30 yrs and a plaque to prove it. Should have got rid of me a long time ago if I didnt perform. Im in the best performance of my life, Right Darn now.

PT Car Washer

Why yes it does, glad you asked.

Orion told me I would be done at 5:22. I was elated. I made all kinds of plans for my evening....NOT. I havent been done before 8:30 in months. I got done at 8:40. Now I guess if I had followed it and done all the backs it wanted, delivered all my 40 pkg bulk stops and schools after they closed, I might have gotten done by 5:22. But instead I was 22 miles over, and 3 hours late.

I have big issues backing a p1000 in driveways with big piles of snow with a 2inch cement pad. Not safe. I also had to wash my windows and tail lights, side door, and headlights off, with that hose thing the guys and girls at night used to be allowed to use occasionally, as my center manager fumed. What can he say?

, Its all about safety, and its not safe when you cannot see out your windows, mirrors, or side door. On a sunshiny 0 degree day. How can you expect to be able to keep space on all four sides, when you cannot see out your passenger door or window? Looks like a possible sideswipe to me. But dont code off any of that time to car wash because we have a metric on that. And dont code off the .50 you spent loading your car, we have to have the preload show a great metric. Blame blame blame the driver.

And dont deviate from orion, but dont have late air, Follow it 85% but I have to make 15 deviations just to make service. Dont give me a sheet of stuff to fix that they and every other driver and management knows is wrong, because we dont have the power or the intelligence to fix, just do it.

Everyone keeps telling me, why dont you just retire. Why should I retire, because they cant do their job? I am still doing mine. Might be older and a tad bit slower, but I have 30 yrs and a plaque to prove it. Should have got rid of me a long time ago if I didnt perform. Im in the best performance of my life, Right Darn now.
You go girl. Top of your game.