What would you do ?

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Yours are guaranteed 8 hrs of driving? Ours can bump into building if laid off for a week.

Ours are full time drivers. We roll over 150 routes out of my center at peek but it can go down to below 100 off season.

We need all the drivers we have but during the summer they allow any and everyone as much time off (unpaid) as they want to avoid layoffs. Everyone reports, everyone finds a spot or takes an unpaid day off.

If you are told to report then per the contract you are guaranteed 8. No one asks for it for two reasons. One, Working 3 to 4 days at top rate is better then split shifts at inside rate.
Two, it is too damn hot to be delivering packages 5 days a week.

I live in the great land of OZ where hourlies and management work together for the greater good.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Here, a utility driver is a FT driver who does not have a route. We probably have 20+ of them. I got lucky and got a route relatively quickly, within a couple years, but some have been that why for over 10 years. There are even a couple who like it. A utility driver has no guarantee of driving work from day to day.
But are they still guaranteed 8 hours a day?

ArcherUTR

Exactly we provided a service and good customer service that doesn't mean we have to take getting jerked around just to appease the customer.

I wouldn't consider having to reattempt a package at the proper delivery location a 2nd day getting 'jerked around'. It's not that difficult. Chances are you might have more packages for them the next day. You're sense of self worth seems inflated.

We all have these battles, and have to strive to find a balance between the consignee's needs and accomplishing our duties. Sometimes you have to take a stand, sometimes you have to acquiesce. RTS-ing after a first attempt because the front desk would like you to deliver to the receiving dock seems hot-headed.

AKCoverMan

Problem with NI1 at a commercial stop is you cause the shipment to billed as a resi instead of a commercial. It's like and extra $2 or so per package. I heard once it is the number one billing complaint we get, shippers asking for this surcharge to be removed because the stop really is commercial.

It's not falsifying; if the receiving dept is the delivery location and they do not answer or have early closing time posted then they are closed even if other parts of the store are open. I have made an attempt to deliver. If any of the pieces are NDA I have now "stopped the clock" if I am near my noon commit time.

I will make attempt up front as well. I am not going to void the first stop because it actually happend and I spent the time to do it. I am just documenting the events that actually occurred. If this additional attempt is after the air commit time it will not show as late because I was at the back prior to commit time.