Where is my package?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
SDN doesn't stand for "e-notice", it stands for Signed Delivery Notice. Everyone at UPS knows this, including the people who put that message in the DIAD. I work in a pretty big building and we've delivered a ton of IPhones like that and if it was a problem I'm sure we would have heard about it now.
If you center manager is telling you something different then either he doesn't understand the actual policy (most likely) or he's just into making up his own rules for whatever reason. Obviously you should do it however your center manager tells you even if he's wrong. Which he is.
​Whatever. I know what our practice is here. What ever you do there is your problem.

PrivateVoid

Just a Guest
This infantile troll incited a 13-page cesspool thread on SDNs.

As the world turns

Why bring up a crappy day time soap in relation to a troll?
internet-troll.jpg

Johney

I always find that in these situations I get one answer from management and a different one from loss prevention. As is what happened here. I just asked what everyone else in my area was doing and did the same.

UPSGUY72

I will concede that the SDN does act in the same way as the e-notice would; however, strictly speaking, the info notice does state that it cannot be used when a signature is required and, as such, I will not accept the SDN for any signature required package(s) regardless of shipper. The only exception would be if the consignee requested an indirect to a neighbor.

This will be my last comment on this topic---if we are allowed to accept a SDN for apple shipments why was it stressed repeatedly during our training that we are to compare 1Z's on the e-notice(s) with those on the package(s)? This cannot be done with a SDN.

Apple deliveries are not signature required. If they where signature required package the Diad wouldn't allow you to take a SDN or printed out release form signature required packages require someone to be there at the time of the delivery to sign unless they do an E-sig. Apple deliveries are NO DR package mean they need to be signed for, have a E-sig, have a SDN or release form.

You have to check the 1z number on the printed out release form to make sure it the same because you didn't print out the form. You don't have to on the SDN notice because the 1z number was aleady attached to that info notice when you scanned it the day before. You can't take a SDN on the first delivery attempt.

loadfaster

In response to the original post...Um, you might get better responses if you weren't so immediately insulting and nasty. Just sayin...

Last edited:

menotyou

bella amicizia
Amazon sells everything. My mother had a jug of that permanently attached, I swear. :rofl: The door jams never had a fingerprint.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Wow... Comet... that brings back memories... Don't think they have that stuff any more.

Comet is very much "alive". It's harsh, so people use Bon Ami or Bar Keepers Friend. When I had my first smooth top range......in the 70's, they recommended Bon Ami for cleaning it and been using that on all sinks since.
Hard to find Bon Ami now, so I order it by the case .

CAFAL

I make a delivery attempt on Wednesday. Not in 1, fill out a delivery notice informing consignee that the parcel was from Apple. Scan the delivery notice which ties the parcel to the barcode on the notice. When I return on Thursday I grab the SDN and leave the parcel in a safe location. That SDN has a direct tie to the Apple parcel from the previous day. OMS puts the SDN on file and the customer is happy.

Yup everyone is happy... until an iphone turns up missing. You'd both be screwed

tourists24

Yup everyone is happy... until an iphone turns up missing. You'd both be screwed

Ive yet to hear (at least around here) of anyone being sought to pay for a missing Iphone through this scenario.... would be interesting to hear of any on this forum....

UPSGUY72

What would happen if the I-phone turned up missing with a E-sig or printed out release form. ??? The same thing as when you got a SDN nothing.

Thereare people that sign for packages in person and still say they didn't get them.....