Where is the alarm speaker in these new trucks?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Quit trying to take more shortcuts rookie , you need to be aware of it beeping so you know the flashers are on. I see too many rookies parked with no lights or flashers cause they’re scared of a little beeping noise.

SMH
🧔‍♂️✊

Last edited:

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
They got a few new 800s in my building and offered me one. I politely declined and kept my 2010 Freightliner with its broken flasher/headlight beeper and leaky windshield.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
The loud beeping is designed so a bunch of half-deaf idiots can still hear it. I don’t even notice it anymore but customers often ask me if a bomb is about to go off.

El Correcto

god is dead
Get nice with your mechanic and he might hook you up. Usually they say no they can’t tamper with safety equipment. The fuse box is right next to the dashboard by the driver side window. Start pulling stuff out and see what happens.
I know exactly what the flasher fuse looks like. Seen mechanic replace it when my flashers didn’t work in the morning.
Doesn’t do much good if yo ur flashers don’t work at all though…

K20A

Mine broke and the cover driver on my route wrote it up while I was on vacation. I have never felt such pure blind rage then when I got to my first stop that Monday morning and heard the four way chime screeching in my ear.
If you were the retirement route driver I would’ve done the same thing. Can’t have it too easy, if you already run out of breaks lol

newintown

4 Philips screws to remove the Gauge Cluster. the regular beep comes from a little speaker close to the right side heat vent. It's easy to find when the Gauge Cluster is pulled back and the hazards on. Put a piece of tape on it. The long beep and the beep when your lights are on come from the back of the Gauge Cluster. You'll notice a small vent on the back that you can put a piece of tape over. I do this to all the package cars I drive. It doesn't get rid of the noise, just makes it tolerable.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
4 Philips screws to remove the Gauge Cluster. the regular beep comes from a little speaker close to the right side heat vent. It's easy to find when the Gauge Cluster is pulled back and the hazards on. Put a piece of tape on it. The long beep and the beep when your lights are on come from the back of the Gauge Cluster. You'll notice a small vent on the back that you can put a piece of tape over. I do this to all the package cars I drive. It doesn't get rid of the noise, just makes it tolerable.
Drill bit works better than tape. Make friends with your mechanic and he can hook you up. My brown tank is silent.

JL 0513

Question is, why does Freightliner feel it necessary to make beeping noises that can pass for torture? I thought cruel and unusual punishment was illegal?

The beep only needs to let you know your flashers are on at a reasonable volume. The new Ford's have it right. By being so ear piercing, we're inclined not to use flashers if we are not on a very busy street.