You know you're a UPS driver if...

Z

ZQXC

............if you walk into a business where you have never been, on your own time, in civilian clothes, and call out
" Hey everybody, Good morning "

What'dyabringmetoday???

Sometimes, you Lol. Other times, you Lol? Personally, I have a hard time Lol'ing with you when you pose it as question.

Do you ever feel like the antithesis of yourself when you're bitching about others? After all, you've made it clear to everyone, your position on bitching about our chosen profession. Then here you are, bitching about people "donating" time to the company.

Is there any congruency with you? Should we be Lol'ing now? Paint me confused.

Sent using a Potato
Lol.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Or if you are still wondering why, after a 107 years in business, UPS still can't come up with a DN that customers can understand when it comes to signature requireds!

I had a lady stop me the other day asking if I had her package. I told her I didn't have that area today but offered to help her if I could. It was wine and she couldn't understand why we wouldn't leave it even though she had filled out the back of the info notice. I asked her to read the explanation for Option C. She then understood. I also gave her the local number so she could arrange for SDWC.

The information is there---people just need to read it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Johney

I had a lady stop me the other day asking if I had her package. I told her I didn't have that area today but offered to help her if I could. It was wine and she couldn't understand why we wouldn't leave it even though she had filled out the back of the info notice. I asked her to read the explanation for Option C. She then understood. I also gave her the local number so she could arrange for SDWC.

The information is there---people just need to read it.

Sent using BrownCafe App
How about when you cross out the signature spot or write NO in the spot and they sign right over the top of it. Amazing.

Z

ZQXC

Or if you are still wondering why, after a 107 years in business, UPS still can't come up with a DN that customers can understand when it comes to signature requireds!

Well, you know at one time we had one that stated, "driver must obtain a signature and hand the pkg. to a person"

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

For a while we had the bilingual notices in my center. The only problem was the two languages were English and Spanish. We border Canada----the vast majority of the few Spanish-speaking people in our area are guests at one of our local prisons.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
kind of like Extreme Tetris / There has got to be one arrangement that will get this in one trip / Think man, think

Have used the same term "Playing Tetris" with my Christmas helper (my son) when we were picking up my UPS store. Asked him if he wanted to hand me the packages or play Tetris inside the pkg car. After one time playing Tetris, he always chose handing pkgs after that.

cooperjake

How many of you keep a bottle of sanitizer or extra stylus (diad pens) in the truck for those memorable moments when you're required to get a sig from a dude that comes to his door in his underwear scratching his nu**

Sent using BrownCafe App

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
...you don't know anyone on your route by their first names.
That's actually the reason I never ask for last names and only go with first names because after 2 weeks on my first training route I realized I couldn't be like "Hi, Jones." So, on the next route I learned I started only asking for first names. The first time I had an on-car ride with me after that he was blown away when I was walking into places and was like "Morning Connie." "Hi Ursula."