You know you're a UPS driver if...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's actually the reason I never ask for last names and only go with first names because after 2 weeks on my first training route I realized I couldn't be like "Hi, Jones." So, on the next route I learned I started only asking for first names. The first time I had an on-car ride with me after that he was blown away when I was walking into places and was like "Morning Connie." "Hi Ursula."

What if there are two Connie's and both of them deny signing for the package?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
What if there are two Connie's and both of them deny signing for the package?
If this is really a question that boggles you, you should probably not be driving a large vehicle.
When you know someone by first name, you can point out who signed...and YOU HAVE THEIR SIGNATURE that they give you _every_day. If it's a doctor's office or something where you have 2 cathys who sign...You enter Cathy R or Cathy M.

Did you really need that explained or are you just being your usual charming self?

oldngray

nowhere special
There could be 5 Johnsons that work there...
Rock-Ridge.jpg

Z

ZQXC

How many of you keep a bottle of sanitizer or extra stylus (diad pens) in the truck for those memorable moments when you're required to get a sig from a dude that comes to his door in his underwear scratching his nu**

Sent using BrownCafe App

I deliver to a hospital and every doctors office in town. I sanitize the diad and the stylus on a regular basis, especially during cold and flu season. Try the lysol wipes in the pop-up container; really convenient.

Don't you hate it when someone sneezes on the diad just before they sign.

oldngray

nowhere special
I deliver to a hospital and every doctors office in town. I sanitize the diad and the stylus on a regular basis, especially during cold and flu season. Try the lysol wipes in the pop-up container; really convenient.

Don't you hate it when someone sneezes on the diad just before they sign.

Carry extra styluses for when someone snots all over the one you hand them.