You know you're a UPS driver if...

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Or ring a doorbell with your arms full off packages? lol
I love it when I approach a doctor or dentist's office and like 3 people get up in the waiting room to rush to open the door for me as I'm carrying a big pile of packages and I'm just like,"Oh thanks, but I'm good" as I open the door.
pcs-carry-box-200x300.jpg

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
If someone has been standing on their front lawn and screamed SLOW DOWN as you drove by.
...while you're going 5 miles under the speed limit.

P.S. The last time this happened I blew it around and went back to the lady and asked if she was yelling to me. She had a snooty smirk and with a condescending tone said the speed limit is 35. I informed her that I was traveling at 29 MPH (yes clearly stealing time). She said "Well you always fly through here." I then told her that I was a fill-in guy and that I hadn't driven in that town in 3 months (I knew she was full of it at that point because the bid driver for that route is one of the most laid back guys I know and is routinely getting scolded for having a low SPORH.)

I told her to stop yelling at UPS drivers while we are operating vehicles as she could cause an accident.

Last edited:

cooperjake

When a customer has tracked their pkg and it shows on car and the meet you on route wanting it and can't comprehend that I can't get to their pkg because I'm bricked front to back and their pkg has a pal of 6100...

Sent using BrownCafe App

30yearstolife

You know you're a UPS driver if...
It is raining, and you are wearing a DR bag with 3 holes torn out for a custom fit...Ghetto style.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

...while you're going 5 miles under the speed limit.

P.S. The last time this happened I blew it around and went back to the lady and asked if she was yelling to me. She had a snooty smirk and with a condescending tone said the speed limit is 35. I informed her that I was traveling at 29 MPH (yes clearly stealing time). She said "Well you always fly through here." I then told her that I was a fill-in guy and that I hadn't driven in that town in 3 months (I knew she was full of it at that point because the bid driver for that route is one of the most laid back guys I know and is routinely getting scolded for having a low SPORH.)

I told her to stop yelling at UPS drivers while we are operating vehicles as she could cause an accident.

Why in the world would you turn around and go back to confront this lady? What could you possibly hope to gain from doing this? All this can do is make a potentially bad situation worse.

Packmule

Your wife can deduce from the number of trips to the crapper you make in the morning whether you ate your own cookin or it's supposed to snow. :)