“The Body of Christ” with Integrity (On Topic Only”

quad decade guy

In the name of God means by his authority. I can assure killing in the name go God was done without his authority or approval.
Simply claiming Christianity doesn't make one a Christian.
Ok then. That settles it. I can assure you that it was done in God's authority.....just ask em. Simply claiming that it wasn't, doesn't prove anything......kinda like religion.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Ok then. That settles it. I can assure you that it was done in God's authority.....just ask em. Simply claiming that it wasn't, doesn't prove anything......kinda like religion.
Did he tell you it was done with his approval?
If he did,, you lie, because that would make God.a liar.
Whatever your talking ( didn’t say it didn’t happen)about goes against the very nature of God that is revealed in his word.
Religion?
Yeah, you can find all kinds of excuses not to seek him.
Kinda like most people.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Not that you asked, but the spiritual journey that I am traveling suggests seeing where religions or religious people are right and making use of what they offer.

This perspective has been very beneficial over the years.

BrownFlush

Not that you asked, but the spiritual journey that I am traveling suggests seeing where religions or religious people are right and making use of what they offer.

This perspective has been very beneficial over the years.
He knew better than to ask you anything.

floridays

@floridays
Just like the last time, you make claims, no proof or discussion and then deflect and bolt when you’re called on it.
I haven't bolted, I made my position about arguing with believers in public forums quite clear.
It is not profitable. It was my mistake yesterday to respond to you.
On the subject you seem hell bent on nailing me down on, one I said I responded to yesterday and you later said I didn't, it's post 231.

You know I like to argue, I won't pass one up, I just don't like arguing with believers about doctrine, it divides the body of Christ.

I'll rally at the foot of the cross anytime you choose to magnify our Saviour that hung there and shed His Blood for you and me.

BrownFlush

I haven't bolted, I made my position about arguing with believers in public forums quite clear.
It is not profitable. It was my mistake yesterday to respond to you.
On the subject you seem hell bent on nailing me down on, one I said I responded to yesterday and you later said I didn't, it's post 231.

You know I like to argue, I won't pass one up, I just don't like arguing with believers about doctrine, it divides the body of Christ.

I'll rally at the foot of the cross anytime you choose to magnify our Saviour that hung there and shed His Blood for you and me.
Arguing?
Why is discussing what the Bible says arguing? The most important subject to come to right conclusions on and you candy out.
Two things happen when an honest man seeking the truth finds it. He stops looking or he stops being honest.
Everyone needs to see discussion of scripture. Very rarely does it get out there. I think you seen things that went against what you always thought and you can’t handle the truth.
Divides the body? smh Good thing the Apostle Paul didn’t think like you. He was always glad to address division.

Your post 231 answers none of my questions to you.You just make a claim of being baptized by the HS and he is in you..
I'll try one more time. If you deflect this time, oh well, 3rd times a charm.

floridays said:
Yes I have been baptized by the Holy Spirit, I was baptized into Christ's body when I believed God.
I have the Holy Spirit of God inside of me, sinful flesh.

I told you once before, I don't argue against perceived believer's for arguments sake, it's not profitable in the presence of unbeliever's.
My concern is telling other sinners, like myself, that God has made the way to Him through the Blood of His Son's cross.

I have nothing of value to add to the shed Blood of Jesus, The Son of God. I'm satisfied that God is satisfied with His Son's finished work on the cross.
I responded:

Holy Spirit baptism occurred only twice to select individuals for specific reasons. Once in Acts 1 and once in Acts 10

The baptism of the HS was simply the HS giving one miraculous power. In the case of Acts 1 it was the ability to speak many different languages so the Jews gathered on Pentecost could hear the first gospel sermon ever preached in their own language
In Acts 10, Cornelius was given the power to speak in different languages so that Peter would know that God approved him as a candidate for the gospel. He was the first gentle convert.

Your claim of being baptized by the HS is baseless according to the Bible.
You never touched this.

You said:
You do add works, it is the blood (grace) plus works (obeying) to you.

Is that correct? Is that your belief?

I responded :

The works of the law is what Paul is talking about. Those works of the Old Testament ,sacrifices at the temple, circumcision, the law,..etc. have no part of the law of Christ. There were false teachers that were telling gentile converts that they had to be circumcised in order to be a Christian that is right with God.
Yeah you're not God...but the work of faith is a result of God.

Please quote where I made it clear that the works Jesus is not sufficient for me and we will discuss it. What a ridiculous injection.
You never touched this.

floridays

@BrownFlush, how do you think I knew you were church of Christ?
I know your faith plus works doctrine, I understand your belief that no one other than "Church of Christ" is redeemed. I picked it up when you argued baptism with me. It's not for me to say you're lost, not my job, I will say you have noted many requirements beyond the finished work on the cross.

BrownFlush

@BrownFlush, how do you think I knew you were church of Christ?
I know your faith plus works doctrine, I understand your belief that no one other than "Church of Christ" is redeemed. I picked it up when you argued baptism with me. It's not for me to say you're lost, not my job, I will say you have noted many requirements beyond the finished work on the cross.
Not for me say you're lost either. But the New Testament says faith only doctrine is false doctrine .
Live it up.
Why do you think I knew you wouldn't touch the explanation of your wrong thinking of what Paul was talking about with works. He wasn't referring to baptism.
I've never "argued "anything with you.
You can argue with the Apostle Peter
Now when they heard this they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brothers, what shall we do?” And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, -- Acts 2:38
"Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ --1 Peter 3:21

This is what the Holy Spirit wrote. Is the one in you telling you the same thing? lol