“The Body of Christ” with Integrity (On Topic Only”

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
1397 will it be this year? You tell me, Is Lombardi bring his trophy home this year?
Go Pack Go!!!! Do it for he old boys and girls
I’m very optimistic this year. Rodgers is playing great and the defense has been above average. It’s time to bring the trophy home.!!!

floridays

I’m very optimistic this year. Rodgers is playing great and the defense has been above average. It’s time to bring the trophy home.!!!
I am as well, I'm usually very pessimistic concerning The Pack.
I love the Green Bay Packers. :thumbup1:
They make me feel like a boy again, it was nice.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
You do add works, it is the blood (grace) plus works (obeying) to you.

Is that correct? Is that your belief?
I add nothing or take anything away from the scripture.

"in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. " - 1 Thess 1: 8
I've obeyed the gospel. Have you?

Add works... what are you talking about?
Jesus answered them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.” John 6:29
Well, would you look at that? Jesus says that belief/faith is a work.

You keep asking me questions and I keep answering them with Bible but you never answer mine with anything.
Again I ask.. tell me about when you were baptized with Holy Spirit baptism.

BrownFlush

@BrownFlush,

I believe this discussion, at least my involvement has run it’s course.

I believe for the individuals who may be just observing, I again state and I am firmly convinced that it may be doing those hearers no good.

I hope I have shared our common agreement of God’s amazing love for the world, for you, for me, and for all who may have observed this discussion.

I do believe for whatever reason you misuse scripture at times, only you know your motives for doing this, God does as well but from what it seems apart from the Book you don’t appear to be interested in hearing from the living God.

I am providing a link that gives basically what I have been trying to share with you as my belief. I don’t hold to each thought in it, remember I pick and choose what I will believe, but it does basically express my views.

Can You Focus on the Bible Too Much?

Peace be with you.
You've said this before but yet you keep commenting.
In fact, you keep repeating the same blow that benefits no one's eternity.
Like I said,(third time) if you ever get serious and want to actually study and know what the Bible says about a subject, instead of you answering '' yes and no, and "I don't want to explain",and "no thank you'' when asked for your explanation of a passage, when you want to engage in honest discussion ,let me know.

I agree with you that your ramblings isn't doing anyone any good. You spin it however you want with nothing behind it.

The info on the link was useless .

BrownFlush

@floridays
"By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome." 1John 5:2-3

I just never looked at obedience to the Lord's commands as work. I guess that means I love him the way I should.

floridays

@BrownFlush,

I believe this discussion, at least my involvement has run it’s course.

I believe for the individuals who may be just observing, I again state and I am firmly convinced that it may be doing those hearers no good.

I hope I have shared our common agreement of God’s amazing love for the world, for you, for me, and for all who may have observed this discussion.

I do believe for whatever reason you misuse scripture at times, only you know your motives for doing this, God does as well but from what it seems apart from the Book you don’t appear to be interested in hearing from the living God.

I am providing a link that gives basically what I have been trying to share with you as my belief. I don’t hold to each thought in it, remember I pick and choose what I will believe, but it does basically express my views.

Can You Focus on the Bible Too Much?

Peace be with you.

"in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. " - 1 Thess 1: 8

Jesus answered them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.” John 6:29

You keep asking me questions and I keep answering them with Bible but you never answer mine with anything.
I answered that earlier today, I guess you were to busy blathering on.

If believing on the Lord Jesus Christ is a work to you, when scripture says there will be no flesh justified by works of the law, then yeah, I've done a work. Scripture does not call that a work.

If you actually look at what you wrote, in bold above and copied here

Jesus answered them, “This is the work of God,
I am not God

You have made it clear,
The work of Jesus on the cross is not sufficient for you,
List exactly what you have to add, specifically and don't forget anything, I'm sure God will be stricter than me pertaining to what is required of you for salvation.
You have a hard time being satisfied with what Jesus did for you specifically.

floridays

@floridays
"By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome." 1John 5:2-3

I just never looked at obedience to the Lord's commands as work. I guess that means I love him the way I should.
I think you are adding to the Blood of His sacrifice.

A direct quote, from you
I guess that means I love him the way I should.

I consider that boasting, read the following, verse 9 pertains to my point, read it all in context

Ephesians
Chapter 2
1And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
4But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
6And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

BrownFlush

I answered that earlier today, I guess you were to busy blathering on.

If believing on the Lord Jesus Christ is a work to you, when scripture says there will be no flesh justified by works of the law, then yeah, I've done a work. Scripture does not call that a work.

If you actually look at what you wrote, in bold above and copied here

Jesus answered them, “This is the work of God,
I am not God

You have made it clear,
The work of Jesus on the cross is not sufficient for you,
List exactly what you have to add, specifically and don't forget anything, I'm sure God will be stricter than me pertaining to what is required of you for salvation.
You have a hard time being satisfied with what Jesus did for you specifically.
You insult.Why (Blather?)
No you didn't answer it today. You never have touched it. Please quote it again and refresh my memory.

The works of the law is what Paul is talking about. Those works of the Old Testament ,sacrifices at the temple, circumcision, the law,..etc. have no part of the law of Christ. There were false teachers that were telling gentile converts that they had to be circumcised in order to be a Christian that is right with God.

Belief on the Lord is a work according to the Bible not me. You want the scripture again?

Yeah you're not God...but the work of faith is a result of God. That was the Lord's point.

Please quote where I made it clear that the works Jesus is not sufficient for me and we will discuss it. What a ridiculous injection.

Add? List? Stricter pertaining to salvation? You're sure God will be stricter than me with what is required of me for salvation?...You are all over the place. Ask a bible question and I'll do my best to give you a bible answer.

Hard time being satisfied? Another off the wall injection with no merit.

BrownFlush

I think you are adding to the Blood of His sacrifice.

A direct quote, from you
I guess that means I love him the way I should.

I consider that boasting,
You might consider it boasting but John considered it loving God the way you should.
How?
By keeping his commandments.
I guess that means if you don't keep his commandments, you don't love him like you should. Same thing I said that made you cry out boasting only in the negative.

BrownFlush

BrownFlush

What is your point with this text?
Think about it, examine yourself, examine the God you serve.
Think about what? What point are trying to get me to see by an. examination of myself and God?
I ask and answer in different ways when I choose to. I'm looking for what I am looking for in my own manner, when I get it I proceed.
And you wonder why I call you the riddler?

Still waiting for a straight answer when you were baptized by the Holy Spirit.

quad decade guy

In church service this past Sunday our Pastor ‘s message was on Church membership.

Over my years in attendance this is not the first message I have heard on this topic and yet the same feelings and opinions came to my soul and mind when he came to the part where he was describing the local church, our church as “ the Church”, “the body of Christ”.

I am a firm believer that all believers in God across all nations and all time are what represent “the Body of Christ”, “the Church”.

Any “On Topic” thoughts or opinions on this topic will be appreciated.
What exactly is a "Believer of God"? What Church are you referring to?

Integrity

Binge Poster
You've said this before but yet you keep commenting.
In fact, you keep repeating the same blow that benefits no one's eternity.
Like I said,(third time) if you ever get serious and want to actually study and know what the Bible says about a subject, instead of you answering '' yes and no, and "I don't want to explain",and "no thank you'' when asked for your explanation of a passage, when you want to engage in honest discussion ,let me know.

I agree with you that your ramblings isn't doing anyone any good. You spin it however you want with nothing behind it.

The info on the link was useless .
God loves you.

The “Good News” of Jesus will set all captives free.

Peace be with you.

quad decade guy

To all:

It is fascinating to watch beings(of supposed access to vast amounts of knowledge) argue over semantics of a concept/theory. Hell, even kill each other and innocents.....while the "Good News" may have set captives free....it sure continues to enslave others...

Integrity

Binge Poster

Abraham ACTED on his faith. Even though God told him to kill his only son by which the seed of the promise would continue. He trusted God.
What’s your point?
And why do you ask me “what kind of God do I serve?”

God loves you.

The “Good News” of Jesus will set all captives free.

Peace be with you.