“The Body of Christ” with Integrity (On Topic Only”

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Why do religious folk fight like no tomorrow when diagnosed with a serious illness? Isn't the afterlife inviting?

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
In church service this past Sunday our Pastor ‘s message was on Church membership.

Over my years in attendance this is not the first message I have heard on this topic and yet the same feelings and opinions came to my soul and mind when he came to the part where he was describing the local church, our church as “ the Church”, “the body of Christ”.

I am a firm believer that all believers in God across all nations and all time are what represent “the Body of Christ”, “the Church”.

Any “On Topic” thoughts or opinions on this topic will be appreciated.
I agree with you that all believers in God make up “the Body of Christ”. I stopped attending service regularly years ago, but my salvation isn't dependent upon how many times I go to church. I'm more of a "go ye therefore", this job helps, in spreading the love of God in my daily. Because like the human body, the body of Christ has many parts. The eyes aren't the feet, but same body. If you're feeling some type of way in your spirit about the teachings you're getting, pray on it for guidance. The Holy Spirit will lead you in truth.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I agree with you that all believers in God make up “the Body of Christ”. I stopped attending service regularly years ago, but my salvation isn't dependent upon how many times I go to church. I'm more of a "go ye therefore", this job helps, in spreading the love of God in my daily. Because like the human body, the body of Christ has many parts. The eyes aren't the feet, but same body. If you're feeling some type of way in your spirit about the teachings you're getting, pray on it for guidance. The Holy Spirit will lead you in truth.
Thanks!!!!!

I have been and will continue to talk to God and seek to follow the Holy Spirit’s leading!

Integrity

Binge Poster
Organized religion is a scam just like bitcoin
I understand why you might draw this conclusion but I am uncomfortable with painting with such a broad brush.

I believe many organized churches mean well but sometimes overvalue their own importance and undervalue their human failings.

In their defense overvaluing their own importance in the believers life IMO is really just one of the manifestations of the human failings that one must expect in a man made system regardless of the good motives of the system.

Integrity

Binge Poster
What other sources do you put on par or above them?
Above: The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit, Faith in “the Good News”

On par:
Meditation, Prayer, Conscious Contact with God, The Holy Spirit’s voice heard through various means, My Conscience. Living by the Spirit and not by the Flesh.

Last edited:

upschuck

Above: The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit, Faith in “the Good News”

On par:
Meditation, Prayer, Conscious Contact with God, The Holy Spirit’s voice heard through various means, My Conscience. Living by the Spirit and not by the Flesh.
What if the 2 conflict, which do you follow?

rod

Retired 22 years
1611167517915.png