“The Body of Christ” with Integrity (On Topic Only”

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
"The Church" as described in the Bible NT is "the faithful followers" of Christ. That's the succinct version.

The Church never refers to a physical place or building.
The word church is from the greek word ekklesia. It means called out.
Ekk =called lesia=out
Mt 16:18 Jesus said he would build his church upon the rock solid confession that he was the Son of God.
He was simply indicating that those who would be members of His church would be "called out" of the world and serve Him.

BrownFlush

That is part of my dissonance, I guess.

I believe that there is only one Spiritual body of Christ at that is all believers in God across all nations and time.

I believe each believer in God is a part of the same body of Christ regardless of how they group up or organize.
Do you have any scripture for these beliefs?

BrownFlush

What I actually mean is that I don’t believe that the scriptures are the sole infallible source of authority for Christian faith and practice.
Col.3:16
"whatever you do in word or in deed do all by the authority of Jesus Christ."
That authority is found only in the N.T.

BrownFlush

“the Body of Christ”, “the Church”.
He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son - Col 1:13

For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. - Eph.5:23

if I delay, you may know how one ought to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, a pillar and ground of the truth. 1 Tim.3:15

IF you're IN the church, you're in the kingdom.
IF you're In the kingdom, you're in the church.
If you're in the body, you're in the kingdom.
If you're in the body, you're in the church.

Are you IN?
What does the Bible say you do to get in the church?

BrownFlush

That says a lot. the guys a grifter in the same vain as Orangeman
How much money you give him

View attachment 325727

Pretty nice crib for a man of the cloth
The guy is a false teacher. Speaking the truth from the scripture is not what he does.
I will say this for him, he has never taken one cent from Lakewood. Every nickel he has and what he has is the money from his book sales.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The word church is from the greek word ekklesia. It means called out.
Ekk =called lesia=out
Mt 16:18 Jesus said he would build his church upon the rock solid confession that he was the Son of God.
He was simply indicating that those who would be members of His church would be "called out" of the world and serve Him.
As I understand this, you believe that all believers in God are part of “the Body of Christ” as described in the Bible and that the local organized church is simply that, an organized group of individual members in “ the Body of Christ”.

I also believe that each local organized church does not represent “the Body of Christ”, but parts or members of the same body.

I look on each organized local church a member of the same body, but in and of itself is not representative of the entire earthly spiritual of Christ.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Col.3:16
"whatever you do in word or in deed do all by the authority of Jesus Christ."
That authority is found only in the N.T.
Are you telling me that you believe the person, Jesus Christ, one part of the triune God, in and of himself had and has no authority before and without the New Testament?

Integrity

Binge Poster
He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son - Col 1:13

For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. - Eph.5:23

if I delay, you may know how one ought to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, a pillar and ground of the truth. 1 Tim.3:15

IF you're IN the church, you're in the kingdom.
IF you're In the kingdom, you're in the church.
If you're in the body, you're in the kingdom.
If you're in the body, you're in the church.

Are you IN?
What does the Bible say you do to get in the church?
Yes.

Receive and believe “the Good News”.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The guy is a false teacher. Speaking the truth from the scripture is not what he does.
I will say this for him, he has never taken one cent from Lakewood. Every nickel he has and what he has is the money from his book sales.
That is a serious accusation, heard it before.

How have you personally formulated this opinion about him so strongly that you are willing to take the chance of being wrong and therefore guilty of bearing false witness against him?

Have you ever attended a Lakewood Church Service online or in person?

IMO He is not perfect, I believe apart from the person of Jesus, no man or human creation of man is perfect but I do challenge you anyone to attend Lakewood online or in person a couple of times and then state your evidence to support this accusation.

How does the Bible specifically describe a false teacher?

bbsam

Staff member

Integrity

Binge Poster
How is this done?
Let me jump in on this one.

Personally, through prayer and meditation, I seek to improve my conscious contact with God, as I best understand God in my soul and spirit. I try to pray only for His will for me and the power to carry that out.

I have found that the closer I am to the living Triune God the more I hear what I believe is from Him in my spirit and in my conscience.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Thanks for posting this.

I will read it later.

Do you have a point for posting it?

I appreciate some of his writings, his perspective has been useful and important to me at times for gaining what I believe to be spiritual discernment.

bbsam

Staff member
Thanks for posting this.

I will read it later.

Do you have a point for posting it?

I appreciate some of his writings, his perspective has been useful and important to me at times for gaining what I believe to be spiritual discernment.
Not particularly. Just a piece to possibly help people get past preconceptions of organized religion. It did for me. Not as any kind of conversion but to be able to have a common point of reference.

upschuck

Not necessarily, I believe the Holy Spirit’s prompting, guiding, leading, counseling and speaking to and through one’s conscience is more fluid and organic than a code.

It is more like a living, loving relationship than code.
I'm with you on that, but would the Spirit ever lead you in a different direction than what the Word says?

I believe if you do, than you are not listening to the Holy Spirit, and listening to what you want, or worse. Therefore the Bible is the final authority.

BrownFlush

I'm with you on that, but would the Spirit ever lead you in a different direction than what the Word says?

I believe if you do, than you are not listening to the Holy Spirit, and listening to what you want, or worse. Therefore the Bible is the final authority.
The only way I know of the Bible teaches the Spirit leads anyone is through the written Word. " Faith comes from hearing and hearing comes from the Word of God." -- Romans 10:17
This is the only way I know that the Holy Spirit works.
If not, what has he done for you and how did he do it separate and apart from his word?