“The Body of Christ” with Integrity (On Topic Only”

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I understand why you might draw this conclusion but I am uncomfortable with painting with such a broad brush.

I believe many organized churches mean well but sometimes overvalue their own importance and undervalue their human failings.

In their defense overvaluing their own importance in the believers life IMO is really just one of the manifestations of the human failings that one must expect in a man made system regardless of the good motives of the system.

9380A936-34AA-4A31-A3AF-45A3FB29BE9C.jpeg

Integrity

Binge Poster
That says a lot. the guys a grifter in the same vain as Orangeman
How much money you give him
That is a serious accusation.

I do not contribute to Lakewood Church nor have I ever felt pressured to give in any way.

Have you ever attended a Lakewood Church Service either online or live?

Last edited:

SLW

Freedom of moral conscience is always above any written code. I go with what I truly believe.
How do you know your truth is the correct truth? Or, what makes what you believe about God any more true than the completely opposite thing the guy in the pew next to you believes?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Well ones moral conscience would be clear because of their moral code. No?
Not necessarily, I believe the Holy Spirit’s prompting, guiding, leading, counseling and speaking to and through one’s conscience is more fluid and organic than a code.

It is more like a living, loving relationship than code.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Well ones moral conscience would be clear because of their moral code. No?
Not necessarily, I believe the Holy Spirit’s prompting, guiding, leading, counseling and speaking to and through one’s conscience is more fluid and organic than a code.

It is more like a livingrelationship than code.
How do you know your truth is the correct truth? Or, what makes what you believe about God any more true than the completely opposite thing the guy in the pew next to you believes?
I never said anything about my truth being a correct truth, I don’t think truth was even brought up.
I did state my belief that Scripture is important and useful for matters of faith but I don’t believe the the Bible is the sole infallible source of authority for Christian faith and practice.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
In church service this past Sunday our Pastor ‘s message was on Church membership.

Over my years in attendance this is not the first message I have heard on this topic and yet the same feelings and opinions came to my soul and mind when he came to the part where he was describing the local church, our church as “ the Church”, “the body of Christ”.

I am a firm believer that all believers in God across all nations and all time are what represent “the Body of Christ”, “the Church”.

Any “On Topic” thoughts or opinions on this topic will be appreciated.
"The Church" as described in the Bible NT is "the faithful followers" of Christ. That's the succinct version.

The Church never refers to a physical place or building.