“The Body of Christ” with Integrity (On Topic Only”

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Try reading the link again

Good News of God’s Love | Faith Church

Have a great day!
Sorry
Looking for scripture that teaches a sinner how to become a Christian.
Your handout is false teaching and is contrary to what the Bible teaches on how one is saved, receives forgiveness of sins, and becomes a Christian.
The simple prayer that is stated in your handout is nowhere in scripture. There is no example of anything like it found in the NT.
No one ever prayed and “got saved”
There were no Christians until Acts 2 . John 1 is a little early.

BrownFlush

Try reading the link again

Good News of God’s Love | Faith Church

Have a great day!
Mark 16: 15 “ Go into all the world and preach the gospel “
What’s the gospel to be preached?

V16 He that feels sorry for being a sinner can say a heart felt prayer of sadness and really mean it and accept Jesus into his heart.

V16 He that believes is saved .

V16 He that is baptized as a baby and can believe later.

V 16 He that believes whatever he wants just as long as it’s sincere.

What did Jesus say one is to do to be saved?
What is the gospel Jesus commanded to preach?
V16 “ He that believes and is baptized shall be saved”

floridays

Looking for the word “only “
If John 3: 16 does it, the Holy Spirit and a bunch of inspired apostles wasted their time.
Jesus was teaching Nicodemus he was the one to believe in for his salvation. Jesus goes back to the serpent in the wilderness. They had to “ look “ to it in order to live and not die. In the same way Nicodemus was told not to look at or for any other. He was the the one and only one to believe in for salvation. Do not look for another.

Glad you brought up Mark 16:16 ... the great commission. This is what Jesus told the Apostles to preach to the world. This was given after his death, burial, and resurrection.
Notice the conjunction “and”
It joins faith AND baptism to equal salvation.
He did not say “ He that believes is saved and can be baptized later.
I have a a few simple questions for you.

You quote the disciples, I assume each followed in water baptism, Judas included, where does Judas, a water baptized, original disciple reside today?

Was Judas baptized in your required water baptism?
Yes or no?

If yes, will you speak with him one day in heaven?

If you won't speak to him in heaven, why not?

Was Judas baptized?

BrownFlush

You quote the disciples, I assume each followed in water baptism, Judas included, where does Judas, a water baptized, original disciple reside today?

Yes or no?

Was Judas baptized?
There you go again.. asking all kinds of questions. Yet, you answer none of mine.

1. Not my call where Judas is or where anyone is.
2. It would be impossible for Judas to be baptized with the same baptism that is essential for you and I. Judas died before Jesus. There had been no blood shed on the cross. In the act of baptism
2. I don’t require water baptism. The NT plainly does.
3. If I

BrownFlush

Yes or no?

Was Judas baptized?
Sorry.. on my phone.. pushed post before done....
2. ( continued ) Judas lived and died under the law of Moses... we are not under the works of the law... we are under the law of Christ.

2.( really 3. ) If I’m in heaven and Judas is there , I’m sure l’ll talk to him. You’ ll have eternity so I figure you’ll eventually get around to everyone that’s there.

4. I don’t know if Judas was baptized. It’s not recorded. If he was it was John’s baptism unto repentance for the forgiveness of sins. Mark 1:4

BrownFlush

@floridays
Again. A couple of simple questions you refuse to answer.

1. How and when were you baptized by the Holy Spirit ( Holy Spirit Baptism) as you claim?

2. At your HS baptism, did you have or could you preform the miraculous ?

BrownFlush

There you go again.. asking all kinds of questions. Yet, you answer none of mine.

2. It would be impossible for Judas to be baptized with the same baptism that is essential for you and I. Judas died before Jesus. There had been no blood shed on the cross. In the act of baptism
3. If I
one comes in contact with the blood of Christ. Without that act of obedience (Romans 6) a person cannot be cleansed.
Saul (Acts 22:16 ) was told tor rise and be baptized and wash away his stripes.
All the praying in the world ( 3 days worth) didn’t wash away a thing . He believed and was baptized Mark 16:16

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Looking for the word “only “
If John 3: 16 does it, the Holy Spirit and a bunch of inspired apostles wasted their time.
Jesus was teaching Nicodemus he was the one to believe in for his salvation. Jesus goes back to the serpent in the wilderness. They had to “ look “ to it in order to live and not die. In the same way Nicodemus was told not to look at or for any other. He was the the one and only one to believe in for salvation. Do not look for another.

Glad you brought up Mark 16:16 ... the great commission. This is what Jesus told the Apostles to preach to the world. This was given after his death, burial, and resurrection.
Notice the conjunction “and”
It joins faith AND baptism to equal salvation.
He did not say “ He that believes is saved and can be baptized later.

He also said that "he who does not believe is condemned" not "he who is not baptized is comdemned".

But what of it? Believe and be baptized vs just believe. The point is you are not earning your salvation, even the wealthy young man who Jesus acknowledged followed the law could not save himself through acts. James' had the best explanation of salvation by faith vs salvation through good deeds. Faith without works is dead. Good deeds aren't enough by themselves. Just as baptism is an outward sign of your faith, so are good deeds, but those actions do not save you, your belief in Jesus and He who sent him saves you.

If something written by one of the apostles doesn't quite make sense, I always go to the actual authority, and do my best to interpret what they said within the context of the teachings of Jesus. Even some things Jesus taught I can't explain, but he is still the one Teacher, the rest of us are brothers.

BrownFlush

He also said that "he who does not believe is condemned" not "he who is not baptized is comdemned".

But what of it? Believe and be baptized vs just believe. The point is you are not earning your salvation, even the wealthy young man who Jesus acknowledged followed the law could not save himself through acts. James' had the best explanation of salvation by faith vs salvation through good deeds. Faith without works is dead. Good deeds aren't enough by themselves. Just as baptism is an outward sign of your faith, so are good deeds, but those actions do not save you, your belief in Jesus and He who sent him saves you.

If something written by one of the apostles doesn't quite make sense, I always go to the actual authority, and do my best to interpret what they said within the context of the teachings of Jesus. Even some things Jesus taught I can't explain, but he is still the one Teacher, the rest of us are brothers.
No faith.. no baptism.
Baptism is no more earning than faith is. Why are you making baptism a work and not faith? Jesus made neither a work. Both are simple acts of obedience to a command.
In the text in James, I like what he says about faith. If it’s alone it’s dead
So a faith that is alive and pleasing to God is an obedient faith, one that simply wants to do whatever ever the word requires and for whatever reason.
Also in James 2 , the devil’s believe , but it did the no good ll
Please give the scripture that teaches what you stated that baptism is an outward sign of your faith.
The apostles writings are by the authority Jesus.
The entire NT is the Lord’s last will and testament. Paul said of Peter that he had written some things hard to understand, but that didn’t mean you couldn’t understand it.
Some of the Apostles writings are not discussed by Jesus, but still as authoritative.

BrownFlush

It would be grammatically incorrect for the writer to say, “ he who believes not and is baptized not will be damned.”
Obviously, one who has no faith in what they have been taught and believe what they have been taught, will have no desire to obey the gospel.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Sorry
Looking for scripture that teaches a sinner how to become a Christian.
Your handout is false teaching and is contrary to what the Bible teaches on how one is saved, receives forgiveness of sins, and becomes a Christian.
The simple prayer that is stated in your handout is nowhere in scripture. There is no example of anything like it found in the NT.
No one ever prayed and “got saved”
There were no Christians until Acts 2 . John 1 is a little early.
I read the link and the associated Scriptures much different you.

Thankfully we are in completely united and in agreement about the greatness of God’s love for the world, God’s love for you, and God’s love for me.

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
Mark 16: 15 “ Go into all the world and preach the gospel “
What’s the gospel to be preached?

V16 He that feels sorry for being a sinner can say a heart felt prayer of sadness and really mean it and accept Jesus into his heart.

V16 He that believes is saved .

V16 He that is baptized as a baby and can believe later.

V 16 He that believes whatever he wants just as long as it’s sincere.

What did Jesus say one is to do to be saved?
What is the gospel Jesus commanded to preach?
V16 “ He that believes and is baptized shall be saved”
I don’t follow.

BrownFlush

I read the link and the associated Scriptures much different you.

Thankfully we are in completely united and in agreement about the greatness of God’s love for the world, God’s love for you, and God’s love for me.
The prophet Amos asked the question “ Can two walk together unless they be agreed?”
The scripture does not teach what you are inferring.
There is no unity in diversity.
Jesus said “ If you love me, you will keep my commandments. A prayer for your salvation ( to become a Christian)is totally foreign to the New Testament.

Integrity

Binge Poster

3. If I
Different beliefs on baptism as mentioned in the Bible exist, won’t claim to have the answer but I do have a belief that I will keep to my self.

God will be my guide.

BrownFlush

Different beliefs on baptism as mentioned in the Bible exist, won’t claim to have the answer but I do have a belief that I will keep to my self.

God will be my guide.
The guide God gave you is the same one he gave everyone. You get no special treatment or revelation. What sayeth the scripture?
You don’t need to claim to have the answer. It’s in black and white in the N.T.
Simply because there are different beliefs about a Bible subject means nothing.
Paul told the Ephesians there was only one baptism. I don’t care how many beliefs there are, an Apostle said there is just one for us.
Peter told the Jews in Acts 2 : 38 upon repenting, it was for the remission of their sins.

God will be your guide. Just like he is everyone’s guide. He speaks ,guides , and gives instructions through his written word.
He wrote it down for everyone for all ages. You get no special treatment , revelation or guidance from God. For God is “ not a respecter of persons” God shows no partially.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
No faith.. no baptism.
Baptism is no more earning than faith is. Why are you making baptism a work and not faith? Jesus made neither a work. Both are simple acts of obedience to a command.
So a faith that is alive and pleasing to God is an obedient faith, one that simply wants to do whatever ever the word requires and for whatever reason.
Please give the scripture that teaches what you stated that baptism is an outward sign of your faith.
The entire NT is the Lord’s last will and testament. Paul said of Peter that he had written some things hard to understand, but that didn’t mean you couldn’t understand it.
Some of the Apostles writings are not discussed by Jesus, but still as authoritative.

Baptism is an action. Faith is a state of mind. You can't alter reality to fit your interpretation of scripture. Or are you saying you are baptized if you believe you are? Are you being purposefully contradictory? I mean you say baptism is not a work, then you say it is an act, right in the same sentence. I think you may have some issues you need to sort out.

We have one teacher. If you want to be a disciple of Paul, then be so, if you want to be a disciple of Peter, then be so. As a Christian, I am a disciple of Jesus.

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster

3. If I
Was the thief on the cross saved?

Integrity

Binge Poster
No faith.. no baptism.
How Is Faith a Gift? — Ask Ligonier