“The Body of Christ” with Integrity (On Topic Only”

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I have heard this many times, I always felt this argument is one of the weakest arguments for the Bible and I know it has dissuaded some from even seeing the usefulness and spiritual importance of the Bible.

I love the Bible, but I firmly believe it must be personally and spiritually discerned.
Two people look at a passage of scripture.
It says what it says.
One person interprets it as this and another person interprets it as that.
Both can be wrong.
But both cannot be right,
Only one can be right.

BrownFlush

I don’t know what this means.
Do you think when Paul wrote to the churches in Galatia that one was Baptist, one Methodist, one Catholic, one Pentecostal?
Was the church at Ephesus Latter Day Saints?
Was the church at Corinth Seven Day Adventist?
These denominations were all started by men hundreds of years later.
The church the Lord built is the only one found in the Bible. He promised to build it in Matt.16:18
That price began in Acts 2 in Jerusalem when he added those that would be saved to his church.
How to be added to the church, how and what is acceptable to God in worship, how to live,... all received the same instructions. There was no divisions,

BrownFlush

You are entitled to believe as you believe.
God’s love for mankind and our love for each other is much more important than words.
There are are no more important words than God’s word .
Jesus said “ If you love me , you’ll keep my commandments “
Might do you well to search the scriptures and just see what that is. I assure you, the words of the scripture have eternal consequence. It matters what one believes.

BrownFlush

@Integrity
I answer your questions with scripture. Not with a “I think”
You keep telling me I’m entitled to believe whatever I want. As Paul told the Corinthians, “ I believe what’s written.”
You answer nothing that I have asked you .

BrownFlush

I still stand by John 16:13 for a reference point. I don't claim to be a Bible scholar, I'm just a sinner saved by grace, experiencing the power of God in my life.
I still stand by the content of the scripture. It wasn’t written to you or for you and I abut to the Apostles and was fulfilled in Acts 1

BrownFlush

"You search the Scriptures because in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me...--John 5:39
@Integrity ..sounds a little more important than just words

Integrity

Binge Poster
How many denominations believe this and also believe other denominations are wrong about what the Bible
That is a good question.

I know it was directed at @BrownFlush and I look forward to
his answer but chiming in my experience I have found there are many denominations operating in the way you describe in your question.

BrownFlush

How many denominations believe this and also believe other denominations are wrong about what the Bible says?
Again..
Two look at a verse.
One says it is this and the other says it’s that.
Both can be wrong.
But both cannot be right.
Only one can be right.
II only says one thing no matter what you believe.

BrownFlush

That is a good question.

I know it was directed at @BrownFlush and I look forward to
his answer but chiming in my experience I have found there are many denominations operating in the way you describe in your question.
You still haven’t answered any of my questions.
Anyone can spout anything and make a claim.
No Bible. No authority.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Nowhere does the Bible state that the Spirit dwells personally in a Christian. The Holy Spirit dwells in God's children. To deny this is to deny plain passages of Scripture. Paul wrote, "That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us" (2 Tim. 1:14; cf. 1 Cor. 6:19; Rom. 8:9).
But the issue is not whether the Spirit dwells in us, but how does he dwells - personally or through faith?

"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly..--Col.3:16
Do you have literal words of Christ dwelling in you?

Notice that God the Father resides in the Christian. John wrote, "God dwelleth in us" (1 Jn. 4:12; cf. vv. 13,15,16). Does God personally dwell in us? John explicitly states that God dwells in us, but I don't know of no one who says his personal Being is in us.

Jesus also dwells in us. (Gal. 2:20 and Col. 1:27 Christ dwelling in us).
"And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin" (Rom. 8:10).
"But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you" (Rom. 8:9).

How can one make Christ's indwelling in Romans 8:10 representative , but make the Holy Spirit's indwelling in Romans 8:9, the verse before, personal?

"Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me.." -- John 14:10 -11
Jesus is in God and God is in Jesus. HOW? Personally? There is only one God, One Jesus, and ONE Holy Spirit.
Based upon this, your answer is you don’t believe that God the Holy Spirit lives, or dwells if you like, inside you.

Am I understanding your answer correctly?

Integrity

Binge Poster
This passage teaches exactly what you deny.
Paul is discussing different abilities the members have at the local church at Corinth. This congregation of Christ is no different than a body of saints that meet locally anywhere in the world and worship and work according to scripture.
One's talent or ability that brings honor and glory to the Lord's cause is not greater or less than someone else's talent or ability though it be different.
I am not following your reasoning here but that is fine. It is very clear that 2 people can read something, anything and both get something different from it.

Happened in English Lit. Class all the time.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Do you think when Paul wrote to the churches in Galatia that one was Baptist, one Methodist, one Catholic, one Pentecostal?
Was the church at Ephesus Latter Day Saints?
Was the church at Corinth Seven Day Adventist?
These denominations were all started by men hundreds of years later.
The church the Lord built is the only one found in the Bible. He promised to build it in Matt.16:18
That price began in Acts 2 in Jerusalem when he added those that would be saved to his church.
How to be added to the church, how and what is acceptable to God in worship, how to live,... all received the same instructions. There was no divisions,
I still don’t know what you mean?

What is the modern name that the type of church you attend is referred?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Two people look at a passage of scripture.
It says what it says.
One person interprets it as this and another person interprets it as that.
Both can be wrong.
But both cannot be right,
Only one can be right.
I certainly see your point and I once viewed somethings as black and white as this and on the surface it makes so much sense.

But I believe God is alive, interacts in, and through, and with His Creation even today.

I choose not to limit or judge how the God of Universe will speak or remain silent to humanity through Canonized Scripture or any other means for that matter.

I just want to seek to love Humanity as he loves me!