“The Body of Christ” with Integrity (On Topic Only”

Integrity

Binge Poster
In the this context, John 16:13 was directed to Jesus' Apostles (not you or I) and fulfilled in Acts Chapter 1. The "power"of the Holy Spirit ( not the Holy Spirit personally, there is only one) was give to them on that day (Pentecost).
That power allowed them on that day to speak foreign languages so every Jew present could hear the gospel preached in their own language.
It also gave them power to heal the sick and perform other miracles to confirm what they were teaching was from God ( the New Testament was not written yet)
And power to remember what the Lord had taught them so they could write inspired life giving words for you and I to understand and obey.

The Bible important ?
"For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart." -- Hebrews 4:12

The word of the the Lord is flawless (perfect) --Psalm 18:30
An imperfect story ( not according to scripture) will not be beneficial to one's eternity.

The Holy Spirit is alive. His part of your salvation was to bring you God's inspired word. He did that.
The scripture's teach the Holy Spirit is in us. But no where in scripture does it teach that he personally is inside someone.
He dwells in us representatively by faith.
You are entitled to believe as you believe.

I stated my belief on this matter.

Last edited:

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Do you believe God the Holy Spirit lives inside you?
Nowhere does the Bible state that the Spirit dwells personally in a Christian. The Holy Spirit dwells in God's children. To deny this is to deny plain passages of Scripture. Paul wrote, "That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us" (2 Tim. 1:14; cf. 1 Cor. 6:19; Rom. 8:9).
But the issue is not whether the Spirit dwells in us, but how does he dwells - personally or through faith?

"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly..--Col.3:16
Do you have literal words of Christ dwelling in you?

Notice that God the Father resides in the Christian. John wrote, "God dwelleth in us" (1 Jn. 4:12; cf. vv. 13,15,16). Does God personally dwell in us? John explicitly states that God dwells in us, but I don't know of no one who says his personal Being is in us.

Jesus also dwells in us. (Gal. 2:20 and Col. 1:27 Christ dwelling in us).
"And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin" (Rom. 8:10).
"But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you" (Rom. 8:9).

How can one make Christ's indwelling in Romans 8:10 representative , but make the Holy Spirit's indwelling in Romans 8:9, the verse before, personal?

"Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me.." -- John 14:10 -11
Jesus is in God and God is in Jesus. HOW? Personally? There is only one God, One Jesus, and ONE Holy Spirit.

BrownFlush

1 Cor 12: 12-27
This passage teaches exactly what you deny.
Paul is discussing different abilities the members have at the local church at Corinth. This congregation of Christ is no different than a body of saints that meet locally anywhere in the world and worship and work according to scripture.
One's talent or ability that brings honor and glory to the Lord's cause is not greater or less than someone else's talent or ability though it be different.

BrownFlush

I'm just trying to figure out his logic, he says that the Bible is not the authority, and that his moral conscience is above the Bible.
Paul thought the same thing.
"And looking intently at the council, Paul said, “Brothers, I have lived my life before God in all good conscience up to this day.” - Acts 23:1
Even when he was killing Christians with godly zeal, his conscience was clear, but he was wrong.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Nowhere does the Bible state that the Spirit dwells personally in a Christian. The Holy Spirit dwells in God's children. To deny this is to deny plain passages of Scripture. Paul wrote, "That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us" (2 Tim. 1:14; cf. 1 Cor. 6:19; Rom. 8:9).
But the issue is not whether the Spirit dwells in us, but how does he dwells - personally or through faith?

"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly..--Col.3:16
Do you have literal words of Christ dwelling in you?

Notice that God the Father resides in the Christian. John wrote, "God dwelleth in us" (1 Jn. 4:12; cf. vv. 13,15,16). Does God personally dwell in us? John explicitly states that God dwells in us, but I don't know of no one who says his personal Being is in us.

Jesus also dwells in us. (Gal. 2:20 and Col. 1:27 Christ dwelling in us).
"And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin" (Rom. 8:10).
"But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you" (Rom. 8:9).

How can one make Christ's indwelling in Romans 8:10 representative , but make the Holy Spirit's indwelling in Romans 8:9, the verse before, personal?

"Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me.." -- John 14:10 -11
Jesus is in God and God is in Jesus. HOW? Personally? There is only one God, One Jesus, and ONE Holy Spirit.
You are entitled to believe as you believe.
God’s love for mankind and our love for each other is much more important than words.

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
The Bible is it's own best interpreter.
I have heard this many times, I always felt this argument is one of the weakest arguments for the Bible and I know it has dissuaded some from even seeing the usefulness and spiritual importance of the Bible.

I love the Bible, but I firmly believe it must be personally and spiritually discerned.

Integrity

Binge Poster
With no scripture.
I read the Bible to hear what God has to say to me through the reading, I firmly believe that God is not limited by any writing of man even if the author claims to be inspired.

I do not talk in Bible verses. Some of my friends try to throw a Bible verse at everything.

Great friends, they can do that all they want, I don’t try to change them and they don’t try to change me.

We mutually agree that each person must stand by what they believe.

BrownFlush

I read the Bible to hear what God has to say to me through the reading, I firmly believe that God is not limited by any writing of man even if the author claims to be inspired.

I do not talk in Bible verses. Some of my friends try to throw a Bible verse at everything.

Great friends, they can do that all they want, I don’t try to change them and they don’t try to change me.

We mutually agree that each person must stand by what they believe.
You stand on sand if what you believe is not backed and proven by the authoritative scriptures.