“The Body of Christ” with Integrity (On Topic Only”

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I'm with you on that, but would the Spirit ever lead you in a different direction than what the Word says?

I believe if you do, than you are not listening to the Holy Spirit, and listening to what you want, or worse. Therefore the Bible is the final authority.
He is not saying the Bible is the final authority .
He is saying there are other things that authorize what is practiced and taught.
How do you listen to the Holy Spirit?

BrownFlush

That is a serious accusation, heard it before.

How have you personally formulated this opinion about him so strongly that you are willing to take the chance of being wrong and therefore guilty of bearing false witness against him?

Have you ever attended a Lakewood Church Service online or in person?

IMO He is not perfect, I believe apart from the person of Jesus, no man or human creation of man is perfect but I do challenge you anyone to attend Lakewood online or in person a couple of times and then state your evidence to support this accusation.

How does the Bible specifically describe a false teacher?
Those that teach any other gospel not found in the teachings of the NT.

BrownFlush

Are you telling me that you believe the person, Jesus Christ, one part of the triune God, in and of himself had and has no authority before and without the New Testament?
I'm not, but the Bible will.
And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them inb the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”-- Mat: 28 :18-20

This was after his death and resurrection . He then ascended to heaven and is seated at the right hand of God (Acts 1) to reign and rule over his kingdom ( the church, which is spiritual)

BrownFlush

Let me jump in on this one.

Personally, through prayer and meditation, I seek to improve my conscious contact with God, as I best understand God in my soul and spirit. I try to pray only for His will for me and the power to carry that out.

I have found that the closer I am to the living Triune God the more I hear what I believe is from Him in my spirit and in my conscience.
How do you know when you re living close to God?
Is one's conscience or feelings the correct guide?

BrownFlush

As I understand this, you believe that all believers in God are part of “the Body of Christ” as described in the Bible and that the local organized church is simply that, an organized group of individual members in “ the Body of Christ”.

I also believe that each local organized church does not represent “the Body of Christ”, but parts or members of the same body.

I look on each organized local church a member of the same body, but in and of itself is not representative of the entire earthly spiritual of Christ.
The local church does represent the body of Christ. Pick out any letter in the NT that is written to The church at a particular location .
All the local congregations combined would represent the universal church which has no earthly headquarters or head.

upschuck

The only way I know of the Bible teaches the Spirit leads anyone is through the written Word. " Faith comes from hearing and hearing comes from the Word of God." -- Romans 10:17
This is the only way I know that the Holy Spirit works.
If not, what has he done for you and how did he do it separate and apart from his word?
I'm just trying to figure out his logic, he says that the Bible is not the authority, and that his moral conscience is above the Bible.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I'm just trying to figure out his logic, he says that the Bible is not the authority, and that his moral conscience is above the Bible.
I'm with you on that, but would the Spirit ever lead you in a different direction than what the Word says?

I believe if you do, than you are not listening to the Holy Spirit, and listening to what you want, or worse. Therefore the Bible is the final authority.
No, I believe Jesus is the Word, the love expressed through his birth, his teachings, his life, his death and his resurrection has the final say and authority for all time past, present and future.

I believe in the Triune God and because of this I believe the same Spirit that lives in Jesus actually lives in me.

Based upon this, regarding questionable or disputable content in the Bible I must go with my conscience regardless.

I am not above the Bible in any way shape or form. I didn’t think I said that, but I sure didn’t mean it. Please forgive if I didn’t choose my words more carefully.

I love the Bible and I find it to be very important and very profitable for the spiritual journey I am on.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The only way I know of the Bible teaches the Spirit leads anyone is through the written Word. " Faith comes from hearing and hearing comes from the Word of God." -- Romans 10:17
If not, what has he done for you and how did he do it separate and apart from his word?
Do you believe God the Holy Spirit lives inside you?

Integrity

Binge Poster
The local church does represent the body of Christ. Pick out any letter in the NT that is written to The church at a particular location .
All the local congregations combined would represent the universal church which has no earthly headquarters or head.
I think this whole thread started with this topic.

I don’t see the local church in this way.

I appreciate and respect your freedom to believe what you believe regarding this topic.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
How is this done?
John 16:13 is how.

The Holy Spirit is a trustworthy guide.

The Holy Spirit, the Spirit of truth, helps believers discern between what is true and what is not; what is wise and what is foolish; what is best and what is simply OK. Each day is full of decisions.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I believe the Bible is important and it is profitable. I have been avidly reading the Bible since 3rd grade.

I don’t believe the living God, the Holy Spirit of God, who is alive and indwells his people, is limited by the means and manner he has inspired some to imperfectly share his story.

Integrity

Binge Poster
John 16:13 is how.

The Holy Spirit is a trustworthy guide.

The Holy Spirit, the Spirit of truth, helps believers discern between what is true and what is not; what is wise and what is foolish; what is best and what is simply OK. Each day is full of decisions.
I agree.

BrownFlush

I believe the Bible is important and it is profitable. I have been avidly reading the Bible since 3rd grade.

I don’t believe the living God, the Holy Spirit of God, who is alive and indwells his people, is limited by the means and manner he has inspired some to imperfectly share his story.
In the this context, John 16:13 was directed to Jesus' Apostles (not you or I) and fulfilled in Acts Chapter 1. The "power"of the Holy Spirit ( not the Holy Spirit personally, there is only one) was give to them on that day (Pentecost).
That power allowed them on that day to speak foreign languages so every Jew present could hear the gospel preached in their own language.
It also gave them power to heal the sick and perform other miracles to confirm what they were teaching was from God ( the New Testament was not written yet)
And power to remember what the Lord had taught them so they could write inspired life giving words for you and I to understand and obey.

The Bible important ?
"For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart." -- Hebrews 4:12

The word of the the Lord is flawless (perfect) --Psalm 18:30
An imperfect story ( not according to scripture) will not be beneficial to one's eternity.

The Holy Spirit is alive. His part of your salvation was to bring you God's inspired word. He did that.
The scripture's teach the Holy Spirit is in us. But no where in scripture does it teach that he personally is inside someone.
He dwells in us representatively by faith.