Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Yes. If they wanted people to start at 22:01, they would have scheduled them at 22:01, not 22:00.

Because the union gets all the discipline tossed out.

They cannot single out the part timers and not the full timers. That is called discrimination. I would love to take that on, but our local management knows better.

They pay them their guarantee even if they are late.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I would like to offer my final 2 cents on this.

First and foremost, I pity the supervisors who have to comply with this ridiculous, temporary rule. Yes, I say temporary because it is not being universally enforced on the entire hub. Preload is not affected on sunrise nor are other shifts in the same building. Furthermore, this reminds me why not to become a UPS supervisor. I told her it is not her fault and that there are no bad vibes on my part.

The greater problem is no one really cares. I was told to shut up twice at the hub and that I shall. If my coworkers don't care to try and change this, there is no need for me to spend any more time and energy. Therefore, I have nothing else to offer or mention in this regard.

Thanks very much for your input.

PS>> If this post gets trolled, I will ask admin to remove it.

WHO THE HELL "ON TOPIC'S" A POST ?????? LOL

giphy.gif

brownIEman

Assumptions are your strong suit. Your ridiculous post epitomizes the disconnect between management and hourly. I see the situational ethics. They dont apply to my post. Im sure you are the company integrity poster child.
As i said before, talk is cheap. BTW: Theres a reason 200,000 teamsters didnt cross the strike line in 1997. You company boys treated hourly like trash and reaped the consequences of it. Nothing's changed. Management's credibility still sux.

Assumptions or speculation based on more than 20 years experience, depending on your point of view. I certainly could be mistaken, I fully admit that. You are also making a lot of assumptions/speculations about why your management are making the discipline decisions they are. Unless you do indeed know all the facts and are privy to the content of all the conversations that happen concerning management and discipline. If you are hearing that information about every employee, then your management has a much bigger problem in the way they behave.
Your last point is just chock full of bitterness, once again confirming that you flat out hate management no matter what they do or say, and you will interpret anything they do in the worst possible light. All that hate is gonna burn you up son...

(PS, as loath as I am to be terribly nit picky, I just can't help but point out that technically, the reason 200,000 teamsters did not cross in 1997 is that they would have had to bring 15,000 or so non-UPS teamsters with them.)

F

Frankie's Friend

Assumptions or speculation based on more than 20 years experience, depending on your point of view. I certainly could be mistaken, I fully admit that. You are also making a lot of assumptions/speculations about why your management are making the discipline decisions they are. Unless you do indeed know all the facts and are privy to the content of all the conversations that happen concerning management and discipline. If you are hearing that information about every employee, then your management has a much bigger problem in the way they behave.
Your last point is just chock full of bitterness, once again confirming that you flat out hate management no matter what they do or say, and you will interpret anything they do in the worst possible light. All that hate is gonna burn you up son...

(PS, as loath as I am to be terribly nit picky, I just can't help but point out that technically, the reason 200,000 teamsters did not cross in 1997 is that they would have had to bring 15,000 or so non-UPS teamsters with them.)
Dont call me son, boy, im probably older than you buddy. With that said, im not bitter or hateful. I see a company that allegedly stakes their rep on "honesty and integrity" but only holds hourly to those standards.
To your statement disallowing the possibility that i am privy to the obviously inequitable actions of people in control of discipline, how it is administered, and conversations about why things were done in dishonest measure i say :bsbullf:. You have no clue.
As for the reason the strike line held it was about trust or actually the distrust for the company and their history of not only signing past CBAs and then immediately trying to find a way to get out of or around the very language they agreed to uphold but years of harassment, lying, and bullying that are not easily forgotten.
You (many) management folks have earned your reputation. You cant sugar coat it now. Read the lawsuits on line before you parade your vast integrity banner. But take off your blinders first.

MAKAVELI

No they don't. But they also don't make the teachers stay after class for however long the student was late so the student could get his/her class time guarantee, do they?
My issue wouldn't be the guarantee but sending me home. Some states have reporting pay laws where an employee is entitled to half their shifts pay if sent home.

brownIEman

As for the reason the strike line held it was about trust or actually the distrust for the company and their history of not only signing past CBAs and then immediately trying to find a way to get out of or around the very language they agreed to uphold but years of harassment, lying, and bullying that are not easily forgotten.
You (many) management folks have earned your reputation. You cant sugar coat it now. Read the lawsuits on line before you parade your vast integrity banner. But take off your blinders first.

I was not even addressing your assumptions about the strike and the motivations if the roughly185,000 Teamsters involved in it. I was merely pointing out your numerical inaccuracy...

Oh, never mind.

brownIEman

My issue wouldn't be the guarantee but sending me home. Some states have reporting pay laws where an employee is entitled to half their shifts pay if sent home.

Agreed. It's cleaner of they stick to progressive discipline
Agreed.
Cleaner if they stick to progressive discipline and remove those who will not clean up their act. It is very frustrating however if the local is playing games like having the stewards call out strategically and stonewalling simple attendance issues giving hourlies the impression being in a Union means they can behave anyway they choose with no consequences. Not defending the actions of these management in the least, just explaining one possible motivation.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Agreed. It's cleaner of they stick to progressive discipline

Agreed.
Cleaner if they stick to progressive discipline and remove those who will not clean up their act. It is very frustrating however if the local is playing games like having the stewards call out strategically and stonewalling simple attendance issues giving hourlies the impression being in a Union means they can behave anyway they choose with no consequences. Not defending the actions of these management in the least, just explaining one possible motivation.
stop being late