$15/hr, Wage hikes tied to inflation? "On Topic"

Should wage hikes be linked to inflation?

• Total voters

brown_trousers

Here's what I would like to see.

Starting pay $12.50
30 days $13.00
6 months 13.50
12 months 14.50
18 months 15.00
24 months 16.50
30 months 17.00
36 months top scale 18.00

The top scale would increase with general wage increases just like drivers and there would be some red circling and such that would need to happen but I feel that's a pretty fair deal.
There is already a top scale for part timers. Somewhere around 36 an hour. Are you proposing we cut top scale in half?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I agree with this completely. I work a second, full-time job for In N Out, and what concerns me , is that I've been working for In N Out for less than 2 years (a couple months shy of my anniversary), and my payrate is a little over a dollar higher than my payrate at UPS, yet I've been working for Brown for 10 years.

The way things are structured, I'll be forced to stay part-time, because finally landing that full-time bid will likely mean I'll get something like load/unload, and I don't want to have to load/unload for 8 hours when I'm in my 40's/50's.

So even when I finally retire from UPS, I'll still have that full-time job, working for In N Out, because I can't survive on a part-timers pension.

The benefits are great at UPS, but the pay and the full-time opportunities stink. At my building, a 15 year wait for an inside full-time position is the minimum. And I know enough drivers to be filled with the belief that driving isn't a better solution for my situation. The hours might be comparable to what I'm working two jobs, but the stress and the negative environment, are not.

You get free burgers?

How about that secret menu

Best burgers ever

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Think of interactions you've had with minimum wage workers in fast food, retail, etc. Are those the workers that you'd like to have loading your package car(assuming you're a driver by your username)? If UPS pays minimum wage, that's who you're going to get.

It’s not rocket science

Pick box up put in truck and repeat

brown_trousers

Like I said apparently your reading comprehension is terrible.

Did you not see the part about red circling?
Lol. Red circling would only freeze their wages where they are. It would permanently prevent them from ever reaching top scale. Sounds like you need to read the contract to figure out how these things work.

So no, its your reading comprehension that is lacking.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Lol. Red circling would only freeze their wages where they are. It would permanently prevent them from ever reaching top scale. Sounds like you need to read the contract to figure out how these things work.

So no, its your reading comprehension that is lacking.
Is full scale met at the end of a part timers progression? No it's not. It only exists for those that have been at ups over 30 years. Hell maybe over 35 years now. I'm not exactly sure when part timers got sold out.

Maybe this is all too complicated for you I don't know.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Wow. You are a very unfriendly person. Take a xanax already
Just don't get what's so hard. Obviously no one takes a paycut that's just common sense.

Anyone making over $18 an hour keeps their payrate and continues to get general wage increases. Anyone with over 3 years in gets bumped to $18 and then gets the general wage increases. Anyone under 3 years falls into the progression.

Red circle might have been the wrong verbiage I'm not sure. Either way not rocket surgery.

Vanakka512

This would be Great at my hub we hire 12 new hires a week and 8-10 quit within first week. I think it bacuase the garbage start pay, it's not worth it for for 10.50 an hour.

IzzyTheNose

You get free burgers?

How about that secret menu

Best burgers ever

Every day, if I want it. I can either have a double-double how ever I want (yes, even animal style), or two cheeseburgers/hamburgers. Free drinks, all day, not to mention all the free meals the company pays for for safety days, or if we work holidays (we always do). I think they cooked us tri-tip for 4th of July last year. They also had a huge cook out for "associate appreciation" last month. Steaks, BBQ chicken, links, deserts, just a giant spread.

Everything I hoped to find with UPS, and didn't, I've found with In N Out. Truly the best job I've ever had.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Every day, if I want it. I can either have a double-double how ever I want (yes, even animal style), or two cheeseburgers/hamburgers. Free drinks, all day, not to mention all the free meals the company pays for for safety days, or if we work holidays (we always do). I think they cooked us tri-tip for 4th of July last year. They also had a huge cook out for "associate appreciation" last month. Steaks, BBQ chicken, links, deserts, just a giant spread.

Everything I hoped to find with UPS, and didn't, I've found with In N Out. Truly the best job I've ever had.

Badass T-shirt’s