$15/hr, Wage hikes tied to inflation? "On Topic"

Should wage hikes be linked to inflation?

• Total voters

PT Car Washer

This would be Great at my hub we hire 12 new hires a week and 8-10 quit within first week. I think it bacuase the garbage start pay, it's not worth it for for 10.50 an hour.
At my building being able to hire 12 new people a week and getting 2 to 4 to stay would be a miracle. HR would be paid a bonus.

Since minimum wage will be $13.50 here in a year and a half. Pt wages should start at no less than $14.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

That 1982 contract was a winner..clear example of once you get bad language in it would haunt you for decades. The "82" contract was the first time a bonus was included 500 part time and 1000 full time, we fell for it hook, line and sinker.

I do not know if this is urban legend, but that bonus money offered with that contract was actually James Casey's gift to all his employees (Union and Management) that he left in his "will" when he passed. Somebody in Greenwich/Atlanta decided to use it as an incentive to get the thing passed instead of honoring Casey's last wishes. Forget about him rolling in his grave, he has done flew the coop by now..so sad..

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It’s not rocket science

Pick box up put in truck and repeat
Same goes for FT driving...drive truck to stop, deliver/pickup, repeat. You don't even need customer service skills (see fast food workers), some of these drivers have zero social skills to boot.

I think that's where the pay disparity comes into play. Since none of these jobs require talent or skill, the pay gap doesn't make any sense.

Same goes for FT driving...drive truck to stop, deliver/pickup, repeat. You don't even need customer service skills (see fast food workers), some of these drivers have zero social skills to boot.

I think that's where the pay disparity comes into play. Since none of these jobs require talent or skill, the pay gap doesn't make any sense.
You have a lot more responsibility as a driver.
You have to deal with crazy customers, bad drivers and the inclement weather.

Future

Victory Ride

shake-my-head-gif-10.gif

UnconTROLLed

perfection
That's nothing compared to driving. Go try it sometime and let us know how "easy" it is.

You.want the big bucks, go driving.
Why do you think I've never been a full-time driver? I have done it , it's extremely mindless and repetitive and if I'm going to do a job any numnum can do, I don't want to deal with the public doing so. The first time was 10 years ago ( top rate then) and also in 2014 for a short time. It's not where I want to be, but I do realize (again) that there is no real talent involved, just paying attention and mental toughness of dealing with whatever crap load and plan UPS has for your day.

MAYBE I'll go to feeders, or bid a gravy PC route when I've got 30 years or so in...

Future

Victory Ride
Why do you think I've never been a full-time driver? I have done it , it's extremely mindless and repetitive and if I'm going to do a job any numnum can do, I don't want to deal with the public doing so. The first time was 10 years ago ( top rate then) and also in 2014 for a short time. It's not where I want to be, but I do realize (again) that there is no real talent involved, just paying attention and mental toughness of dealing with whatever crap load and plan UPS has for your day.
YxhCJAR.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

MAYBE I'll go to feeders, or bid a gravy PC route when I've got 30 years or so in...

So, you’ve failed at driving twice is that what your saying

PT Car Washer

Anyway, the point remains that there is no good reason (IMO) for a huge pay disparity between part-time and full-time.
PT making anywhere from $10/hr to $35/hr and 22.3 somewhere in between all working side by side doing the exact same work. Then these hypocrites come on here preaching about equal pay for equal work because they feel their jobs are endangered.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
PT making anywhere from $10/hr to $35/hr and 22.3 somewhere in between all working side by side doing the exact same work. Then these hypocrites come on here preaching about equal pay for equal work because they feel their jobs are endangered.
I'm not sure what you meant by this comment, especially the end where you talked about endangered jobs.