$1500 annual max dental

Up_and_at_UPS

Coffee box sniffer
Moving from no max to $1500. What a joke. There are less profitable companies that offer better than this. This is a big step backwards. I just don't understand why we always have to give up stuff. Teamcare is inferior to UPS plan.

Up_and_at_UPS

Coffee box sniffer
My wife needs some major dental. She had some chronic health problems that affected her teeth. UPS plan, I pay 3000. Teamcare 12,000+. Making a mad dash to get it done before year is up.

quamba 638

I was under the UPS plan as a part- timer an my limit has always been 1500 a year. The year I had all four wisdom teeth removed and two cleanings only costed around 1300.... So there was no out of pocket.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was under the UPS plan as a part- timer an my limit has always been 1500 a year. The year I had all four wisdom teeth removed and two cleanings only costed around 1300.... So there was no out of pocket.

....other than the 1300 that it costed you...did you try to find a participating provider who would do the work for the amount of the insurance payment?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do you chose your doctors by which will do the best job or by which will get it done the cheapest?

When I was married and we had both insurances plus her HSA we went with the best----now that it is just me I go with the one who does an acceptable job and takes my insurance as payment in full.

We used to go to Dentist A for all of our dental work. Dentist A is on my delivery route. He would bill my insurance and we would submit the balance to hers. When we got separated I switched the kids and I to Dentist B. Dentist A asked me and I told him B takes our insurance as payment in full and if he (A) were willing to do the same we would switch back.

Dentist B in this case does just as good work as A with zero out of pocket.

Up_and_at_UPS

Coffee box sniffer
The truth is, I work at UPS because of wages and benefits. When you see a profitable company slowly take those away you get discouraged. I did not break my back on preload all these years with the expectation it would all get taken away. There is no reason to accept any less than we had previously unless the company is making less than previously. It doesn't matter what the other employees from other companies make. We are UPS and we should not settle for any less. My wage increases will not offset my losses from an inferior health plan coupled with inflation over the lifetime of this tentative agreement. This is unacceptable.

Indecisi0n

When I was married and we had both insurances plus her HSA we went with the best----now that it is just me I go with the one who does an acceptable job and takes my insurance as payment in full.

We used to go to Dentist A for all of our dental work. Dentist A is on my delivery route. He would bill my insurance and we would submit the balance to hers. When we got separated I switched the kids and I to Dentist B. Dentist A asked me and I told him B takes our insurance as payment in full and if he (A) were willing to do the same we would switch back.

Dentist B in this case does just as good work as A with zero out of pocket.

How does dentist C feel about this?

DiligentUPSer

This is where it gets a little confusing because the printout suggests there is the $1,500 annual maximum but then it goes on to say "Dental Benefits will remain the same as the current UPS benefit. UPS will pay the difference of the C6 Dental Benefit and the UPS benefit."

Nitelite

Do you chose your doctors by which will do the best job or by which will get it done the cheapest?

Do you have a way of telling? Can you give me a list of local doctors and how much they charge for each procedure? Because as far as I am aware, that information doesn't exist which is why healthcare costs are astronomical.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do you have a way of telling? Can you give me a list of local doctors and how much they charge for each procedure? Because as far as I am aware, that information doesn't exist which is why healthcare costs are astronomical.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

When you get your benefits package from the union you should find a list of local doctors/dentists/optometrists who are participating providers enclosed in that packet. You can also go to the website for the provider of that portion of your medical care to find that information.

Nitelite

When you get your benefits package from the union you should find a list of local doctors/dentists/optometrists who are participating providers enclosed in that packet. You can also go to the website for the provider of that portion of your medical care to find that information.

I wasn't asking what providers I can go through under my insurance, I was asking a question which was meant to point out that cachsux's question made no sense. We do not shop for the cheapest doctor to perform a procedure because the information needed to make that decision is non-existent.

gorilla75jdw

I agree , I had throat cancer in 2002 and required radiation , which later led to all my teeth being crowned , due to them being fragile and breaking,chiping . At 1,000 $ a crown and 4 more teeth to be crowned , and I have been in central states (which only pays out 1500.00) its past time for an overhaul in our dental benefits . Please Teamsters make that happen .

oldngray

nowhere special
I agree , I had throat cancer in 2002 and required radiation , which later led to all my teeth being crowned , due to them being fragile and breaking,chiping . At 1,000 $ a crown and 4 more teeth to be crowned , and I have been in central states (which only pays out 1500.00) its past time for an overhaul in our dental benefits . Please Teamsters make that happen .

Yeah, that $1500 is enough for simple cleanings and fillings but not if you need more work done.
Last year I needed a crown that was $900, so 2 crowns would have put me over the limit.