$1500 annual max dental

Bad Gas!

I was under the UPS plan as a part- timer an my limit has always been 1500 a year. The year I had all four wisdom teeth removed and two cleanings only costed around 1300.... So there was no out of pocket.

Wisdom teeth removal could be surgical and not dental which is a good deal for us..

oldngray

nowhere special
I was under the UPS plan as a part- timer an my limit has always been 1500 a year. The year I had all four wisdom teeth removed and two cleanings only costed around 1300.... So there was no out of pocket.

Extractions are cheaper than many other dental procedures like crowns.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
This is where it gets a little confusing because the printout suggests there is the $1,500 annual maximum but then it goes on to say "Dental Benefits will remain the same as the current UPS benefit. UPS will pay the difference of the C6 Dental Benefit and the UPS benefit."

Anyone want to weigh in on this because it also reads to me that nothing will change; there will be no annual limit from what I can tell.

Moving from no max to $1500. What a joke. There are less profitable companies that offer better than this. This is a big step backwards. I just don't understand why we always have to give up stuff. Teamcare is inferior to UPS plan.
Central states pays 1500 max and ups pays the rest of whatever you currently have for the life of the contract. There is no reduction in your benefits.

brown_trousers

Yeah, that $1500 is enough for simple cleanings and fillings but not if you need more work done.
Last year I needed a crown that was $900, so 2 crowns would have put me over the limit.

Keep in mind that crowns arent even fully covered under our current company plan. We are only covered to 80% on crowns. And even at 80% coverage, the billing lady was surprised at how incredible that benefit is, as the most she had ever seen before was 60%.

Drink Craft Beer

When I was in my teens, I had to get a root canal and metal post implimented for a fake tooth to be inserted over top of the post. About 5yrs ago, x-rays were taken, which showed that the metal post cracked and that was causing my gums to get infected. Post was removed and now have no front tooth. Tried a bridge but kept coming loose.

Long story short, I was told by UPS plan..... that to get a new tooth with post etc.....it would not be covered due to it being labeled by them as being cosmetic surgery.

Glad I asked even though the plan states coverage confirmation isn't required.

RealPerson

Yeah, that $1500 is enough for simple cleanings and fillings but not if you need more work done.
Last year I needed a crown that was $900, so 2 crowns would have put me over the limit.

Cleanings do not count towards the amount..... well I say that, but I guess lots have different plans :(

balland chain

Moving from no max to $1500. What a joke. There are less profitable companies that offer better than this. This is a big step backwards. I just don't understand why we always have to give up stuff. Teamcare is inferior to UPS plan.

Yeah, 1500 is not nearly enough for dental..When you get your card, call the number on the back to get a Dentist in your area that takes Humana.. You will get a little discount using one that takes Humana.. All of my brothers and sisters who have not had Central States ins.. Get ready if this dog passes...

balland chain

Central states pays 1500 max and ups pays the rest of whatever you currently have for the life of the contract. There is no reduction in your benefits.

That is one reason why this contract is a POS !!! We workers who are currently in the CS plan are getting screwed.. Why in hell are we not getting the SAME benefits as other UPSers nation wide ?? Insurance should be uniform company wide and certain regions should not get better healthcare than what we are stuck with.. So, our insurance has not improved at all, while others who are being placed into the crappy CS plan are getting supplemental insurance from the company..What BS !!! And this is FAIR ???

quamba 638

....other than the 1300 that it costed you...did you try to find a participating provider who would do the work for the amount of the insurance payment?

? The amount of the insurance payment?

quamba 638

Keep in mind that crowns arent even fully covered under our current company plan. We are only covered to 80% on crowns. And even at 80% coverage, the billing lady was surprised at how incredible that benefit is, as the most she had ever seen before was 60%.

I just shelled out cash for my sons braces and they orthodontist said even his insurance didn't cover what mine did.

happyboy

I guess that I have been pleased with the dental plan over the years. But sometimes I owe the dentist a few dollars after they get the payment from the insurance and I find it frustrating that he just won’t accept the insurance as paid in full.

quamba 638

....other than the 1300 that it costed you...did you try to find a participating provider who would do the work for the amount of the insurance payment?

Okay, maybe I mistyped or you misunderstood me. I've never paid a penny out of pocket for my dental.

Except last week when my son went in for braces. 5400, they claimed my insurance will pay 2750, but I'm sure it's 2500.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Wisdom teeth extractions are almost always medical, and orthodontics typically don't apply toward annual limits.

anonymous4

I'm in New England, our insurance is talked up yet I do have a $1500 max, and have to shell out 50% on crowns (BC/BS, union run).

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Do you have a way of telling? Can you give me a list of local doctors and how much they charge for each procedure? Because as far as I am aware, that information doesn't exist which is why healthcare costs are astronomical.
[/COLOR][/LEFT]
If you know someone who does dentures or is a dental technician, they know ALL of the dentists, ask them. They know which ones are cutters and which ones that do try to take the best care possible for you. Cutters are in it for the profit. There's technically nothing imoral with their style, but keeping your natural teeth for as long as possible is the best way.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
When I was in my first building I had a max but was always 100% covered when I had work done. When I transferred there was no max...but I always had a bill. It seems it's 6 in one hand and a bakers dozen in the other. Bring on the max. And orthodontics don't apply toward your max. They're covered differently. 50% or something like that. Maybe even higher...orthodontia is technically vanity work. If you can get your dentist to prove it's more than appearance...like it will prevent major work down the road, you'll have more options.

OMG

Yes that is a joke. Have a crown put on in January and hope you dont have to go to the dentist for the rest of the year. Dont get me started about braces...