2/11 Memphis ice

fdxsux

I thought the policy was they had to give at least 24 hours notice of schedule changes?
I don’t even need 24hrs. Just let me know before I punch out. I get paid by the hour. Hell if I’m going to wake up and call FedEx only to be told to stay home for a couple more hours. I don’t even think about this place when I’m off the clock.

dezguy

Either labour laws extremely lax down there or FedEx plays games because they know there are still idiots that work for this company that will call in.

Here, labour law states 24 hours notice is needed for a scheduled shift change. A call in line would be a huge no, no. I have never heard of a call in line until I started posting here. A warning letter for not calling a call in line would have the labour board at the station so quick, the manager wouldn't know what happened.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Either labour laws extremely lax down there or FedEx plays games because they know there are still idiots that work for this company that will call in.

Here, labour law states 24 hours notice is needed for a scheduled shift change. A call in line would be a huge no, no. I have never heard of a call in line until I started posting here. A warning letter for not calling a call in line would have the labour board at the station so quick, the manager wouldn't know what happened.
It’s a combination of both, but more ignorance of Policy on the part of many and not willing to stand up against management. I’m one of the idiots calling in right now because I’m tired of fighting and I don’t have the same need for money I had for many years. I WILL look up the policy though when I get off the road out of curiosity.

NC man

interested to see what policy says, most days they will send msg if change but other times tell us to call the"weatherline" at 6am or 7am etc for start time.

McFeely

Huge Member
It’s a combination of both, but more ignorance of Policy on the part of many and not willing to stand up against management. I’m one of the idiots calling in right now because I’m tired of fighting and I don’t have the same need for money I had for many years. I WILL look up the policy though when I get off the road out of curiosity.

I’ve never had to fight them on it, but I don’t call in on the day of. I’ll come in late if notified the day before so I can plan ahead.
If we have a 5 hour late start (this happened in the last 2 weeks a few times) I would not be sitting at the station for 5 hours doing grunt work or sitting on my butt. I’d rather sleep in or go get some stuff done.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
He’s very thin-skinned when it comes to being wrong (which he usually is), especially when it comes to FedEx, the only source of validation he has. So please post your findings
9C3C1DE9-52B4-4AA2-BD50-AAF6EAC03479.jpeg

This latest update is May 3, 2019. I couldn’t find anything about call-in lines.

BoxDriver

I’m not sure why they separate Ground and HD anymore other than for pickups. Even if a customer had a pickup on Easter we’d still do it.
I think there are a few separate Ground and HD terminals around the country. My contractor still separates business “Ground” routes and resi “HD” routes. It sounds like many contractors still do from reading a Ground Facebook group.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Oooooooo we got a tough guy on our hands here. No messing around with this bad ass 😂😂😂😂

You are so unbelievably insecure that I’m actually embarrassed for you.
It's simple. Some people want to create all sorts of issues. Alrighty, they can have all sorts of issues.

Happens from time to time to anyone in a leadership position, you wouldn't understand.