2/11 Memphis ice

McFeely

Huge Member
I’ve been delivering packages due Monday and Tuesday....of next week. I wonder where things are still behind?

I don’t know where it all is, but I still had 60+ stops on my manifest that still aren’t here. I’m taking everything that comes into our station every day, so it’s not getting rolled here.

BoxDriver

One of my daily pickups says stuff he shipped Friday last week and Monday this week still shows being at the ramp when he tracks them, but stuff he shipped Tuesday and Wednesday this week has been through Memphis and has been delivered.

HedleyLamarr

One of my daily pickups says stuff he shipped Friday last week and Monday this week still shows being at the ramp when he tracks them, but stuff he shipped Tuesday and Wednesday this week has been through Memphis and has been delivered.
I think they are trying to get overnight service up and running again, but the stuff that's already late is a lost cause. It will just get there when it gets there.

MassWineGuy

Quite credible. That’s why I advised a regular customer to ship his 2-day on Monday and his overnight on Tuesday.

Bingo

I've had direct deposit since day 1. No reason not to. If you use FECCA, you get paid Wednesdays.

Don't feel bad. It's not bad for everyone. I've been leaving the building with about 20 stops less than normal AND I get to drop my P1 in another guys P2 area

3rd station, 1st time caller
I guess you drop your p1 to your neighbors route because there is no service. My neighboring route tried that and I told him how about if I give you my p2s since you have to be there for p1 anyway. I tried to be nice one time doing that and I had to break route because the P1 was a closing document and they needed it 2 hours ago

It will be fine

I guess you drop your p1 to your neighbors route because there is no service. My neighboring route tried that and I told him how about if I give you my p2s since you have to be there for p1 anyway. I tried to be nice one time doing that and I had to break route because the P1 was a closing document and they needed it 2 hours ago
How much discretion do you guys have to move stops in the morning? I hear mention of dropping stops to neighboring routes all the time, does it require management approval or can drivers swap whatever they want?

floridays

How much discretion do you guys have to move stops in the morning? I hear mention of dropping stops to neighboring routes all the time, does it require management approval or can drivers swap whatever they want?
You commies hate discretion, no?...... yeah.
I hear mention of people thinking for themselves myself.

!Retired!

I’ve been delivering packages due Monday and Tuesday....of next week. I wonder where things are still behind?
Where are they from? Chances are they're from Indy or Dallas. I had my 1st medicine refusal because it took to long. That one came through Memphis.
Correct. I give him only because there's no service. He also splits his route with someone else, so it doesnt become an issue. But, I also take P1 in my P2 area from someone else. Even still, I'm lighter than I've been in a long time.

McFeely

Huge Member

Generally we can swap whatever we want, as long as we're trying to protect service on a normal day. When we're leaving the station 5 hours late, we're all just trying to get our routes as small as possible without overlapping my P1 area in someone else's P2 area.

The tough part for my route is that I have a pretty slow courier on one side of me and a mid-day delivery/pup driver on the other side of me. I generally am the one taking stops, but not usually giving away stops.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Yeah, snow qualifies as an “unprecedented weather event” lmaoo. How come you don’t apply the same fake tough guy “suck it up” persona to FedEx that you do to everything else?

Alright. FedEx employees should travel on impassible roads to get to a hub. Planes should take off and land in weather that makes doing so nearly impossible. Trucks should drive on impassible roads.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Or not. Just punch in at scheduled time sounds like policy.
If your station requires use of the the call-in line, it should be used. I've never worked at a station that used one. If I did, I'd use it. If I managed at one that used it, and people ignored it, that's fine. We can correct the issue via warning letters.