2/11 Memphis ice

Star B

White Lightening
They cancelled our flight and our airplane stayed local overnight. They merged all of our ramps freight (with includes another downline station) to the larger airport with more facilities south of us. That flight hasn't left Memphis yet and then it gets trucked up to us and sorted.

From the rumblings around the station we're running a Christmas-week peak plan tomorrow and forcing Saturday if they don't get enough volunteers. They did turn on 'next days' so anything that was sitting at our station today went out today for a clean slate tommorrow.

McFeely

Huge Member
2 inbound sorts at my station today. Left with stuff from Indy but will have to meet up to grab another 50 stops for my route sometime this afternoon.

AB831

From the rumblings around the station we're running a Christmas-week peak plan tomorrow and forcing Saturday if they don't get enough volunteers. They did turn on 'next days' so anything that was sitting at our station today went out today for a clean slate tomorrow.
Forcing Saturday with two day’s notice. What a joke

Star B

White Lightening
Forcing Saturday with two day’s notice. What a joke
For as much as I bleed red and (what's the color of a direct deposit?) -- I can't fault the company when weather takes out their major hub when overnight shipping is the name of the game.

Yes, we can always point and go "WELL, WE SHOULD HAVE A PLAN FOR THIS"... and you're right, we should. It's easy to armchair quarterback and go "Well, why not send it to Indy, Newark, DFW"... well, you have to get airplanes and those pesky crews in the right place. And then you need people to unload, people to sort, etc, etc, etc.

Either you can plan properly and always have resources at the ready to take over when the one major hub dies, but then you waste resources ~320 days out of the year, or you take it on the chin for the few days and power through it.

whenIgetthere

First CTV was on time, they let us extended areas roll after the first. Second CTV arrived at 1215, the routes held back brought our late stuff to us. Third CTV rolled to tomorrow, and we are starting an hour late tomorrow.