2/11 Memphis ice

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
How much discretion do you guys have to move stops in the morning? I hear mention of dropping stops to neighboring routes all the time, does it require management approval or can drivers swap whatever they want?
Ideally, stops are moved between routes to preserve service and achieve route balancing goals. In practice, lots of people just drop whatever they don't want to do for whatever reason they don't want to do it. It's the result, partly, of poor management.

MAKAVELI

If your station requires use of the the call-in line, it should be used. I've never worked at a station that used one. If I did, I'd use it. If I managed at one that used it, and people ignored it, that's fine. We can correct the issue via warning letters.
Policy is to punch in at scheduled time. Don't know why that's hard for you to understand. Once one punches out anything work related is irrelevant.

MAKAVELI

If your station requires use of the the call-in line, it should be used. I've never worked at a station that used one. If I did, I'd use it. If I managed at one that used it, and people ignored it, that's fine. We can correct the issue via warning letters.
A warning letter for following policy? LMFAO!

It will be fine

Ideally, stops are moved between routes to preserve service and achieve route balancing goals. In practice, lots of people just drop whatever they don't want to do for whatever reason they don't want to do it. It's the result, partly, of poor management.
That’s what I was wondering. Seems like a system that would overly burden drivers that want to avoid conflict with their coworkers. My guys have to ask a manager to move any deliveries.

fdxsux

A warning letter for punching in at your scheduled start time? It’s been my experience that if you punch in at your scheduled time instead of the call in time your manager will just find something for you to do. Most people don’t want to do paperwork or sweep the floors or whatever so they just call in. We had a SM get mad at us once for not calling in but he didn’t do anything about it. I think they realize they can’t really force you to do company business off the clock.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
A warning letter for punching in at your scheduled start time? It’s been my experience that if you punch in at your scheduled time instead of the call in time your manager will just find something for you to do. Most people don’t want to do paperwork or sweep the floors or whatever so they just call in. We had a SM get mad at us once for not calling in but he didn’t do anything about it. I think they realize they can’t really force you to do company business off the clock.
Your manager can handle it however he wants. If you've been notified of a start time change, or you've be notified to use the weather line, and you insist on ignoring either, I'd handle it with paper or with giving the offending employee crap work that I know he doesn't like. Those changes aren't suggestions. If someone wants to play games, fine, we'll play games.

MAKAVELI

Your manager can handle it however he wants. If you've been notified of a start time change, or you've be notified to use the weather line, and you insist on ignoring either, I'd handle it with paper or with giving the offending employee crap work that I know he doesn't like. Those changes aren't suggestions. If someone wants to play games, fine, we'll play games.
They are suggestions. Thanks for playing.🤣

AB831

Alright. FedEx employees should travel on impassible roads to get to a hub. Planes should take off and land in weather that makes doing so nearly impossible. Trucks should drive on impassible roads.
LMAO that you think snow is an “unprecedented weather event.”

AB831

Oooooooo we got a tough guy on our hands here. No messing around with this bad ass 😂😂😂😂

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The question is, what does policy state? Managers have lied to couriers since Adam and Eve. The snake was a manager!

If the company requires 72 hour notice for a requested day off, they should give 72 hour notice of a schedule change, IMHO.

AB831

Awww, man. Now you’re gonna make me have to look up Policy tomorrow. Nope I don’t forget.
He’s very thin-skinned when it comes to being wrong (which he usually is), especially when it comes to FedEx, the only source of validation he has. So please post your findings

AB831

The question is, what does policy state? Managers have lied to couriers since Adam and Eve. The snake was a manager!

If the company requires 72 hour notice for a requested day off, they should give 72 hour notice of a schedule change, IMHO.
Most managers lie about what the policy is and then when they’re confronted with it by someone who actually knows enough to call them out on their BS, they start screaming. Who does that sound like 🤔