2/11 Memphis ice

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Is this a historic first? FedEx CANCELLED today as a workday here. Waited until early a.m. to delay start until 11:30, then about 10:00 cancelled it altogether.

Was this country wide?

McFeely

Huge Member
Is this a historic first? FedEx CANCELLED today as a workday here. Waited until early a.m. to delay start until 11:30, then about 10:00 cancelled it altogether.

Was this country wide?

Not in my area. 0° temps during P1, but I had about 90 out of my 100 stops.

HedleyLamarr

Not here, but all AM drivers had to be back at the station by 1500. Are start time tomorrow isn't until 1100. Looks like we may have a mandatory Saturday this week to try and catch up.

FedUpRTD

Was this country wide?
FedEx cancelled our operation here. This is the first time in my 30 years at FedEx that everything was cancelled at my location. Usually we are told to come in to work no matter how bad the road conditions. MEM got hit hard with bad WX today, so flight Ops will be FUBAR the next few days.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
11:30 start tomorrow while the entire state is still in a Level 3 rolling blackout. Forecast calls for snow/ice/freezing rain tomorrow about 6, with accumulations of 6-8 inches. Record low temps. Saturday declared a mandatory workday.

I thought 2021 was supposed to be better than 2020. C'mon, man!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Someone said they saw the Memphis City Manager on the Weather Channel saying Memphis has 4 plows and 6 salt trucks for the whole city. LMAO! Even if our Hub Is open, I don’t see how people will get to work.

Oh, and UPS has closed their main hub in a Louisville.

Nolimitz

over 2500 positions sitting in MEM waiting to be sorted. Were ALL friend'ed regardless of where you are. Can you say Teton dam!

HedleyLamarr

Just got a text from our manager. No AM operations today. Roads are a sheet of ice and the high will be around 32.
Businesses will all be closed anyway. No one goes to work when there is ice; we have no plows or salt in central Alabama.

McFeely

Huge Member
Just got a text from our manager. No AM operations today. Roads are a sheet of ice and the high will be around 32.
Businesses will all be closed anyway. No one goes to work when there is ice; we have no plows or salt in central Alabama.
Stay safe and stay warm!