2/11 Memphis ice

HedleyLamarr

This is getting really sad you guys. Not enough volume came in to run AM operations today, but they are asking for volunteers to deliver a few medical supplies that did come in.

!Retired!

Excellent idea, Floridays.

When? You mean the poor lad was out for a few hours and got off 10 stops? I empathize with him. It's tough just starting out.
I don't, if they use a LEO. If they don't, there are plenty of free mapping programs
This is getting really sad you guys. Not enough volume came in to run AM operations today, but they are asking for volunteers to deliver a few medical supplies that did come in.
I was supposed to start 11:00 yesterday. Manager calls at 8:30 and says we only have 500 pieces (normal is 8-9000), do I want the day off? I stayed home and took the dogs to the dog park, which I don't get to do often.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I don't, if they use a LEO. If they don't, there are plenty of free mapping programs

I was supposed to start 11:00 yesterday. Manager calls at 8:30 and says we only have 500 pieces (normal is 8-9000), do I want the day off? I stayed home and took the dogs to the dog park, which I don't get to do often.
Does FedEx supply them, or even reimburse you for your out of pocket?

Enlightenment: FedEx has much deeper pockets than any courier does.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Did the flights get out of Memphis this morning?
A handful. International flights appear to be a priority.

Hardly any of the hub employees can get in to work. That city got absolutely brutalized by the weather. Indy got nailed pretty good, too. MEMH doesn't have room for all the freight they have. LOTS of Sunday operations this weekend and next week is going to be insane.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Dang. I don't know how much you've worked this week but you may have canceled your weekly minimum with that. :-\

floridays

Dang. I don't know how much you've worked this week but you may have canceled your weekly minimum with that. :-\
Only if the manager wants to be a prick.
Since that was your first thought it leads me in a certain direction as to what type of manager you are/were.

Just my personal observation.

Star B

White Lightening
Only if the manager wants to be a prick.
Since that was your first thought it leads me in a certain direction as to what type of manager you are/were.

Just my personal observation.
Yes, only if the manager wants to be a prick about it. But it's a valid possibility because I can see prick managers pulling that stunt to save labor this week, so you cannot fault him for bringing it up.

Anyway, any hinting at the hub actually starting back up overnight or?

AB831

A handful. International flights appear to be a priority.

Hardly any of the hub employees can get in to work. That city got absolutely brutalized by the weather. Indy got nailed pretty good, too. MEMH doesn't have room for all the freight they have. LOTS of Sunday operations this weekend and next week is going to be insane.
Guess they’re not FedEx strong like you

Bingo

Same here, took the day off lwop . I am only working for the health insurance. They can give me everyday off as long I keep the insurance. Most years I earn more money in the stock market then Fedex . I would retire but it would burn me to pay 1900 a month that it would cost me in the open market to get the same exact coverage

floridays

Had 23 stops today. Home by 1300.we started sort at 0900.Next week is gonna be crazy.
One stop at a time, you've said, if I recall correctly, that you've been there for 32 years. I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. Take care of yourself. :thumbup1:

MassWineGuy

I heard about another aspect of this weather bottleneck. Seems obvious, but I didn’t think of it. Not only can’t planes leave Memphis and Indy. Freight that’s received throughout the country each day can’t get flown out to the hubs, so it’s sitting in cans at each ramp. Most of what we picked up at our station yesterday never made it out. Pretty wild times.