2/3 rule used to ratify supplements

johnny_hotdog

So apparently DT has decided to use the 2/3 rule to ratify all the supplements that he can. Apparently this was not done at the last contract even though it could have been (If the 2/3 rule actually applies).

My question is the language about the 2/3 rule. I have not seen any language that references the 2/3 rule with the supplements, only the master. This part of the constitution has been posted on BC several times but it is in reference to the master not the suppliments. Does anyone know if the constitution actually specifies the 2/3 rule for the supplements or us DT just trying to screw everyone he can.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
So apparently DT has decided to use the 2/3 rule to ratify all the supplements that he can. Apparently this was not done at the last contract even though it could have been (If the 2/3 rule actually applies).

My question is the language about the 2/3 rule. I have not seen any language that references the 2/3 rule with the supplements, only the master. This part of the constitution has been posted on BC several times but it is in reference to the master not the suppliments. Does anyone know if the constitution actually specifies the 2/3 rule for the supplements or us DT just trying to screw everyone he can.

Art XII Section 2(b)
"Where special riders, supplements, or agreements ap‑ plicable to one or more Local Unions are separately ne‑ gotiated and agreed to providing for wages, hours, fringe benefts, or working conditions, such special riders or supplements, shall frst be approved by the master nego‑tiating committee before being submitted to the affected members for a vote in accordance with the provisions of

Article XII, Section 1(b)

Members shall have the right to ratify the collec‑ tive bargaining agreement negotiated by their Local Union with their employer, subject to the provisions of Sections 3 and 11 of this Article Agreements shall either be accepted by a majority vote of those members in‑volved in negotiations and voting, or a majority of such members shall direct that further negotiations be con‑ ducted. During negotiations, the Local Union Executive Board may order a secret ballot vote to be taken to deter‑ mine whether the affected members authorize a strike or to obtain the members’ views on an employer proposal. If such interim votes are conducted before the Executive Board has determined that the employer has made a fnal offer, a majority of the members voting shall determine the question voted upon
The Local Union Executive Board shall determine whether an employer has made a fnal offer of settlement, regardless of the employer’s characterization. When the Local Union Executive Board has determined that an offer is “fnal”, such offer must be submitted to the involved membership for a secret ballot vote as hereinafter provided:
(1) If at least one‑half of the members eligible to vote cast valid ballots, then a cumulative majority of those voting in favor of the fnal offer shall result in acceptance of such offer; and a cumulative majority of those voting against acceptance of the fnal offer shall authorize a strike without any additional vote being necessary for such strike authorization. In the event of a tie vote on ei‑ ther a motion to accept a fnal offer or to strike, the Local Union Executive Board shall conduct a second vote If the result of the second vote is a tie, the Local Union Executive Board shall have the discretion to either accept the fnal offer or reject the fnal offer and authorize a strike at such time as it determines.
(2) If less than half of the eligible members cast valid ballots, then a twothirds (2/3) vote of those voting shall be required to reject such fnal offer and to authorize a strike. The failure of such membership to reject the fnal offer and to authorize a strike as herein provided shall
require the Local Union Executive Board to accept such fnal offer or such additional provisions as can be negoti‑ ated by it
(c). When the fnal offer has been rejected in accor‑ dance with this Section, it shall constitute authorization for a strike. The Local Union Executive Board shall have the discretion to call a strike at such time and under such terms and conditions as it may determine, recognizing that applicable law may require additional conditions to be satisfed before a lawful strike may be conducted.

Any question arising from the application or interpre‑ tation of this Section shall be decided by the General President whose decision shall be fnal."

As you can see the language is basically identical for the supplementals as for the master.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Now that's going too far...ruining a juicy thread with facts.
We can still make it "juicy" if you like?

Let's instead talk about all of OUR dues money that was spent by the IBT to push a yes vote through websites, cell phone apps, conference calls, social media outlets, and numerous glossy color mailings....

....while never once outlining this "50%/two-thirds rule" and the Union's intention to enact it for this contract cycle
??

....and while we are at it, let's discuss why the Union is pretending as if they have no other recourse this time, while this option was completely disregarded in 2013-14 (by the very same IBT President) when 18 supplements went down in flames???

LagunaBrown

Let's instead talk about all of OUR dues money that was spent by the IBT to push a yes vote through websites, cell phone apps, conference calls, social media outlets, and numerous glossy color mailings....

....while never once outlining this "50%/two-thirds rule" and the Union's intention to enact it for this contract cycle
??

....and while we are at it, let's discuss why the Union is pretending as if they have no other recourse this time, while this option was completely disregarded in 2013-14 (by the very same IBT President) when 18 supplements went down in flames???
Apparently you need new leadership.

johnny_hotdog

I get the feeling that forcing the contract through was a retaliaton from team Hoffa. I think they are pissed at the TDU and feel like they were pishing the no vote and forced it through just to throw it in the TDU’s face.

Inthegame

Other than the glossy mailings, the other listed costs are negligible. On the converse side, on line voting was far less expensive than mail in.

??
I'll grant the IBT didn't publish the contract voting procedures of the Constitution, but you did. Apparently no one (on these pages anyway) was listening as it became big news...after the fact.
The entire IBT Constitution is available for anyone to read on many sites, including Teamster.org.
IDK what criteria was considered as a threshold to use this language. Maybe one more no vote would have tipped the scale.
So we're now once again resurrecting that beaten to death horse? Hmmm... now there were flames present?
Different circumstances, (the NMA passed)... but I'll cut to the chase.
This GP isn't running for anything anymore. I'd be surprised if he finishes this term.

LagunaBrown

(Sorry for the caps, got it off the web)

TEAMSTER OATH OF LOYALTY

FELLOW WORKER, YOU WILL NOW TAKE AN OBLIGATION THAT WILL BIND YOU TO THE INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF TEAMSTERS AND THIS LOCAL UNION, AND THAT WILL IN NO WAY CONFLICT WITH YOUR RELIGIOUS BELIEF OR YOUR DUTIES AS A CITIZEN:

I, (GIVE NAME) , PLEDGE MY HONOR TO FAITHFULLY OBSERVE THE CONSTITUTION AND THE LAWS OF THE INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF TEAMSTERS AND THE BY-LAWS AND LAWS OF THIS LOCAL UNION.

I PLEDGE THAT I WILL COMPLY WITH ALL THE RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF THE INTERNATIONAL UNION AND THIS LOCAL UNION.

I WILL FAITHFULLY PERFORM ALL THE DUTIES ASSIGNED TO ME TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY AND SKILL.

I WILL CONDUCT MYSELF AT ALL TIMES IN A MANNER AS NOT TO BRING REPROACH UPON MY UNION.

I SHALL TAKE AN AFFIRMATIVE PART IN THE BUSINESS AND ACTIVITIES OF THE UNION AND ACCEPT AND DISCHARGE MY RESPONSIBILITIES DURING ANY AUTHORIZED STRIKE OR LOCKOUT.

I PLEDGE NOT TO DIVULGE TO NON-MEMBERS THE PRIVATE BUSINESS OF THIS LOCAL UNION, UNLESS AUTHORIZED TO REVEAL SA

I WILL NEVER KNOWINGLY HARM A FELLOW MEMBER.

I WILL NEVER DISCRIMINATE AGAINST A FELLOW WORKER ON ACCOUNT OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, AGE, PHYSICAL DISABILITY, OR NATURAL ORIGIN.

I WILL REFRAIN FROM ANY CONDUCT THAT WOULD INTERFERE WITH THE UNION’S PERFORMANCE OF ITS LEGAL OR CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS.

I WILL AT ALL TIMES BEAR TRUE AND FAITHFUL ALLEGIANCE TO THE INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF TEAMSTERS AND THIS LOCAL UNION.

LagunaBrown

Finally something we can agree on.
How much crying did you do to have this video taken down? It is from one of your vote no members too! Funny how you guys kept up his parody video on Jamie friend and not your boy Tyler. It’s just another example of how you guys can dish it out but can’t take it.

Last edited:
F

Frankie's Friend

TEAMSTER OATH OF LOYALTY

FELLOW WORKER, YOU WILL NOW TAKE AN OBLIGATION THAT WILL BIND YOU TO THE INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF TEAMSTERS AND THIS LOCAL UNION, AND THAT WILL IN NO WAY CONFLICT WITH YOUR RELIGIOUS BELIEF OR YOUR DUTIES AS A CITIZEN:

I, (GIVE NAME) , PLEDGE MY HONOR TO FAITHFULLY OBSERVE THE CONSTITUTION AND THE LAWS OF THE INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF TEAMSTERS AND THE BY-LAWS AND LAWS OF THIS LOCAL UNION.

I PLEDGE THAT I WILL COMPLY WITH ALL THE RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF THE INTERNATIONAL UNION AND THIS LOCAL UNION.

I WILL FAITHFULLY PERFORM ALL THE DUTIES ASSIGNED TO ME TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY AND SKILL.

I WILL CONDUCT MYSELF AT ALL TIMES IN A MANNER AS NOT TO BRING REPROACH UPON MY UNION.

I SHALL TAKE AN AFFIRMATIVE PART IN THE BUSINESS AND ACTIVITIES OF THE UNION AND ACCEPT AND DISCHARGE MY RESPONSIBILITIES DURING ANY AUTHORIZED STRIKE OR LOCKOUT.

I PLEDGE NOT TO DIVULGE TO NON-MEMBERS THE PRIVATE BUSINESS OF THIS LOCAL UNION, UNLESS AUTHORIZED TO REVEAL SA

I WILL NEVER DISCRIMINATE AGAINST A FELLOW WORKER ON ACCOUNT OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, AGE, PHYSICAL DISABILITY, OR NATURAL ORIGIN.

I WILL REFRAIN FROM ANY CONDUCT THAT WOULD INTERFERE WITH THE UNION’S PERFORMANCE OF ITS LEGAL OR CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS.

I WILL AT ALL TIMES BEAR TRUE AND FAITHFUL ALLEGIANCE TO THE INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF TEAMSTERS AND THIS LOCAL UNION.

Did you skip the paragraph that said "I WILL RESPECT THE WILL OF THE MEMBERS WHO PAY MY MULTIPLE SALARIES AND BREAK THEIR BACKS TO AFFORD ME MULTIPLE PENSIONS"?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
How much crying did you do to have this video taken down? It is from one of your vote no members too! Funny how you guys kept up his parody video on Jamie friend and not your boy Tyler. It’s just another example of how you guys can dish it out but can’t take it.
I challenge you to quote a post where I have ever posted a childish, classless, bush league, photoshopped picture, or parody video like you have here?

It may suprise you to know that I lead the charge on this site to end this practice during the last contract debacle.... including Hoffa with a pig nose.

I hope you end up in moderators queue for reposting what the mods saw fit to delete.

F

Frankie's Friend

Always harassing and attacking members here. SMH

LagunaBrown

I challenge you to quote a post where I have ever posted a childish, classless, bush league, photoshopped picture, or parody video like you have here?

It may suprise you to know that I lead the charge on this site to end this practice during the last contract debacle.... including Hoffa with a pig nose.

I hope you end up in moderators queue for reposting what the mods saw fit to delete.

Always harassing and attacking members here. SMH
Then why is this still posted? Hypocrites!

443865B5-2392-4D2E-874D-E36BB4368D89.jpeg

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

TEAMSTER OATH OF LOYALTY

I PLEDGE NOT TO DIVULGE TO NON-MEMBERS THE PRIVATE BUSINESS OF THIS LOCAL UNION, UNLESS AUTHORIZED TO REVEAL SAME

Thanks for posting that.

It's sad, that the majority of all the belligerent naysaying "vote no" people

have never been to their Local Union hall. Let alone, taken the pledge.

Here's another one. The "oath of office".

In both instances, there is a resounding theme.

I PLEDGE MY HONOR TO FAITHFULLY OBSERVE THE CONSTITUTION.

There is no "escape clause".... to pick and choose.... what you like.

Did you skip the paragraph that said "I WILL RESPECT THE WILL OF THE MEMBERS WHO PAY MY MULTIPLE SALARIES AND BREAK THEIR BACKS TO AFFORD ME MULTIPLE PENSIONS"?

@Sickofit.... Come on.

Even though it seems plausible, it's not the truth.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Thanks for posting that.

It's sad, that the majority of all the belligerent naysaying "vote no" people

have never been to their Local Union hall. Let alone, taken the pledge.

Here's another one. The "oath of office".

In both instances, there is a resounding theme.

I PLEDGE MY HONOR TO FAITHFULLY OBSERVE THE CONSTITUTION.

There is no "escape clause".... to pick and choose.... what you like.

@Sickofit.... Come on.

Even though it seems plausible, it's not the truth.

-Bug-

Very dignified in victory, but how much of that "oath" stuck with them subsequently?

....as here they are when rightfully and justifiably challenged in the General Election process at the Convention.

~Bbbl~™