2 weeks notice

sly

I am a part time loader on the night sort and I have found a new job at another company so I need to give my two weeks notice. I plan on telling them on 2/19. I am going to tell my FT supervisor and hand him a letter. Is there anything else I need to do?

Mst3k

I knew a guy who left without telling anyone. He came back over a year later, clocked back in and started working.

Two week notice is for chumps.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I am a part time loader on the night sort and I have found a new job at another company so I need to give my two weeks notice. I plan on telling them on 2/19. I am going to tell my FT supervisor and hand him a letter. Is there anything else I need to do?
  • Make sure your address on file with the company is correct, so you get your W-2 next year.
  • Find out how to get your last paycheck and payout of unused vacation/sick days.
  • If you are in the union, get a withdrawal card. Maybe check to see if you are paid up in advance on dues, and get a refund.
  • Ask to see if you can get a good rehire status with the company.
  • Get "the Work Number" info from company in case you need verification of employment in the future.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Guy in my building - had 10 years full-time - comes back to building last night, punched out, said goodbye to a few guys that were in the turn-in area and then went in and told the center manager that he had found a new job, that he wouldn't be in the rest of the week and that he would be in sometime next week to fill out his paperwork and return his uniforms.

He wasn't in work this morning.

God Bless him. I've never been so jealous.

Moral of the story: screw 'em if you have something comparable lined up.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Or you leave with notice. If the new job ends up falling through you have a positive reference going forward.
I would only do that if I won the lottery, otherwise, do the right thing and give notice.

Right. Because UPS is all about doing the right thing for its employees.
5094238a8a43b902b4af9a13b5560694.gif