(2013 --> 2020) Growth and Retraction of UPS Because of Amazon?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
But as a former employee, he and other retirees are at the whim of what the Teamsters and UPS decide, with no direct (voting rights for the Teamsters, production or management decisions for UPS, shareholder voting rights if you own shares) will happen to the pension.
If you had said that in the first place, I would have had to diss you! :raspberry:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
We got a loader last week who wears Lenin glasses, has hipster clothes he wears to work, and probably thinks he's really putting one over on the man by working a union job. I'm gonna love watching his soul crush piece by cardboard piece
Lenin did not wear glasses. However, Lennon did.

I guess you are a dumbperson.

vladimir-lenin-medium.jpg
John-Lennon-Eyeglasses.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You’re participation and contributions to my company no longer exist, you are simply collecting a check from my company. You’re pension isn’t wholly paid from UPS, it’s partially paid from the Teamsters. Of the portion you are collecting from a predetermined account owned by UPS, you are nothing more than a liability, one that my company would be more than happy to sever.

That's a lot of verbiage to expose your complete lack of knowledge of how a multi-employer pension plan works.

My pension payment was 100% paid by the company-----it was a set amount paid per hour for the first 8 hours that I worked every day----but it is now 100% controlled by the Teamsters. I had to work for at least 5 years to be vested and for at least 30 years (and age 55 or more) to be eligible for a "normal" (full) pension. My payment was reduced by 16% due to my divorce and 18% due to the fact that our pension fund is severely underfunded.

The only part the you got right was the fact that I (and all other retirees) are little more than a liability which the fund would love to get rid of.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
That's a lot of verbiage to expose your complete lack of knowledge of how a multi-employer pension plan works.

My pension payment was 100% paid by the company-----it was a set amount paid per hour for the first 8 hours that I worked every day----but it is now 100% controlled by the Teamsters. I had to work for at least 5 years to be vested and for at least 30 years (and age 55 or more) to be eligible for a "normal" (full) pension. My payment was reduced by 16% due to my divorce and 18% due to the fact that our pension fund is severely underfunded.

The only part the you got right was the fact that I (and all other retirees) are little more than a liability which the fund would love to get rid of.
One word destroy’s your whole argument and once again shows your lack of understanding you are no longer part of my company.

Time to move on.....again

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
He IS right about the pension though. YOU are right about most of the other stuff. Lol.
I’m not arguing about the pension contributions or the future of them. I’m fully aware of how the multi employer contributions and how UPS pulled out 13 years ago. I’m stating how he is no longer a part of UPS and has no direct link to it other than a benefit that is predetermined and controlled by those of us who still work for UPS and vote on contracts that could ultimately effect his future, of which he has no say in. Under his logic he’s also still a part of every single company that contributed before UPS bought out of CS.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I’m not arguing about the pension contributions or the future of them. I’m fully aware of how the multi employer contributions and how UPS pulled out 13 years ago. I’m stating how he is no longer a part of UPS and has no direct link to it other than a benefit that is predetermined and controlled by those of us who still work for UPS and vote on contracts that could ultimately effect his future, of which he has no say in. Under his logic he’s also still a part of every single company that contributed before UPS bought out of CS.

UPS has not pulled out of our (NYS Teamsters Pension Fund) plan yet. UPS is 76% of our plan and while we (UPSers) would love for them to pull out it would destroy the plan.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
UPS has not pulled out of our (NYS Teamsters Pension Fund) plan yet. UPS is 76% of our plan and while we (UPSers) would love for them to pull out it would destroy the plan.
The plan you are paid from isn’t UPS, it is nothing more than a poorly run savings account that has a negative interest rate.

You are no longer a UPSer, you should really take your own advice you gave multiple retirees on here and move on to the next chapter of your life.