2018 Contract leaks

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
YOU are the union. I understand your frustration brother, but I hear this all too often. “They” are you and your union brothers. Your local is only as strong as it’s members.

Remember. Our local is a bunch of centers around a huge hub. Union officials just cater to the hub business. The outer centers just don't have the votes to match the hub votes. Our BA comes 2 maybe 3 times a yr. We only get rumors and info from this board. This I totally appreciate. Because we get info for months in advance. So we know how to combat the kool aid moment coming. Because the Union never gives us a heads up. Only during the Hoffa yrs. Previous yrs we were kept in the loop.
It's like living in NY. Voting for who won. 3\4 of the state voted for trump. But, NYC has such a huge Democratic vote. NY will never turn red.

Inthegame

Well with x mas over. I wonder if the Union will now keep us informed. Especially after it's total failure on the PVD issue. Only reason ours were stopped. Is because they all took themselves out in accidents in the first snow. Total disaster. Back fired miserably. Nothing from the Union. Our building filed for 2 weeks of their use. Still nothing from our local.
The union needs UPS to meet with to resolve any grievance. As pointed out, they're a bit busy this time of year so seldom are grievance hearings scheduled.
That said, my local handled several terminations during peak as I suspect most did.
Are you complaining YOU didn't get enough work?
Anyway, the PVD experiment was from most accounts a huge failure.

35years

Gravy route
I know what she was saying. And how. Just a lot of these talkers. Don't know what they are talking about. She was there. Along with you and I. Most of the complainers are dreaming. Cause a strike will never happen
Dave admits he did not man a picket line, so he was not "there"
I was there, on the line, my kids even carried picket signs.

A strike could happen...UPS has become arrogant and pushy and probably figures they don't need us. They might make completely unacceptable offers (that hurt the International and it's leadership). Think about how the International would react to a complete exit from all pensions, instead offering a 401k match and a low-ball buyout. If you take the candy-store away from the leadership they will want us to strike.

If a strike happens they try to go with permanent replacements...and Trump backs them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A strike could happen...UPS has become arrogant and pushy and probably figures they don't need us. They might make completely unacceptable offers (that hurt the International and it's leadership). Think about how the International would react to a complete exit from all pensions, instead offering a 401k match and a low-ball buyout. If you take the candy-store away from the leadership they will want us to strike.

If a strike happens they try to go with permanent replacements...and Trump backs them.

While I did not actively man our picket line I most certainly was "there".

Crossing the line never crossed my mind.

We did have one driver who opted out of paying union dues as a result of the strike, opting instead to pay a slightly lower agency fee.

Inthegame

They might make completely unacceptable offers (that hurt the International and it's leadership).
The IBT leadership doesn't work under the terms of the UPS contract. UPS always makes unacceptable "offers" that would hurt the members.
Think about how the International would react to a complete exit from all pensions, instead offering a 401k match and a low-ball buyout.
Exiting a pension plan cannot be accomplished with a "low-ball buyout". The withdrawal liability must be met.
If you take the candy-store away from the leadership they will want us to strike.
Interesting connection you're making, alluding to a pension as a "candy store" for IBT negotiators, being there was no strike encouraged when UPS exited the CSPF.
A strike could happen...UPS has become arrogant and pushy and probably figures they don't need us.

Every peak should reinforce the lesson that this business would fail miserably with "replacements".

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny

That's funny! Especially the last sentence.

Think hard now. Obama passed the omnibus bill. Which all unions backed 100%. This bill allows all the cuts we will all see in the coming yrs. So that was a Democrat. The party who the Union gives millions to every yr. The Union is selling us out. Don't blame Trump.

Fail with replacements? Yes but only short term. Ups would become as big no matter. You should worry more about Amazon buying UPS. That would end the union alone. There would be mass firing of high paid drivers.

As for the union. With Hoffa. We will get another concession filled contract. Ups is the unions candy store. No money from ups. Where would the union be? Gone!
Hoffa sold the farm. He just needs to hand over the keys. If Hoffa lost. We would strike. He won. The fix is in.

As a son of a steward. I was so excited to be in the union. When I got in it. Thought my future and pension was set. Now. That dream of a good pension is gone. My local has cut it in half. My dream of early retirement is now gone. Went from 6200 at any age 15 yrs ago. To 5500 at 55 which added 5 extra yrs of service. Plus about 5 dollars of my raises to keep it funded. Now to 3500. Hell I may have to get a job if I retire in 5 yrs. But the union has a 20 hr work rule. Which is rediculous. I know I should have done this and that. But, each of our lives are different. Situations are different. My plans didn't work because the Union changed their rules. Because of their relationship with Democrats. Who fools think are for the working man.
So far Trump has done all of his promises. He will fix America. Away from the corruption of politics and money laundering. After the first of the yr. A lot will be out. Trump will win in 2020 by over 400 electoral votes. You will see. Believe me. Obama, Clinton's, comey, and even Republicans will be jumping. You can say wow some rant. But, I'm right. Wait and see. Unions and corruption are hand in hand. We will not strike. The union needs UPS way too much. Merry x MAs to you all.

That's funny! Especially the last sentence.

Think hard now. Obama passed the omnibus bill. Which all unions backed 100%. This bill allows all the cuts we will all see in the coming yrs. So that was a Democrat. The party who the Union gives millions to every yr. The Union is selling us out. Don't blame Trump.

Fail with replacements? Yes but only short term. Ups would become as big no matter. You should worry more about Amazon buying UPS. That would end the union alone. There would be mass firing of high paid drivers.

As for the union. With Hoffa. We will get another concession filled contract. Ups is the unions candy store. No money from ups. Where would the union be? Gone!
Hoffa sold the farm. He just needs to hand over the keys. If Hoffa lost. We would strike. He won. The fix is in.

As a son of a steward. I was so excited to be in the union. When I got in it. Thought my future and pension was set. Now. That dream of a good pension is gone. My local has cut it in half. My dream of early retirement is now gone. Went from 6200 at any age 15 yrs ago. To 5500 at 55 which added 5 extra yrs of service. Plus about 5 dollars of my raises to keep it funded. Now to 3500. Hell I may have to get a job if I retire in 5 yrs. But the union has a 20 hr work rule. Which is rediculous. I know I should have done this and that. But, each of our lives are different. Situations are different. My plans didn't work because the Union changed their rules. Because of their relationship with Democrats. Who fools think are for the working man.
So far Trump has done all of his promises. He will fix America. Away from the corruption of politics and money laundering. After the first of the yr. A lot will be out. Trump will win in 2020 by over 400 electoral votes. You will see. Believe me. Obama, Clinton's, comey, and even Republicans will be jumping. You can say wow some rant. But, I'm right. Wait and see. Unions and corruption are hand in hand. We will not strike. The union needs UPS way too much. Merry x MAs to you all.
Opened the bottle a little early this morning did we?