2018 Contract leaks

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
As far as start times go, this company measures everything to the one thousandth decimal point. And one thing they are good at is making money. Later start time is just a game of chicken to get drivers to not 9.5. Less grievances equals more money. That’s what they do. They are banking on people missing the hour you get with your kids, if you’re lucky, and bringing it in at the same time you did when you started at 8:30. Save a half hour by 200 drivers in my building times god knows how many buildings......cha-Ching!

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
As far as start times go, this company measures everything to the one thousandth decimal point. And one thing they are good at is making money. Later start time is just a game of chicken to get drivers to not 9.5. Less grievances equals more money. That’s what they do. They are banking on people missing the hour you get with your kids, if you’re lucky, and bringing it in at the same time you did when you started at 8:30. Save a half hour by 200 drivers in my building times god knows how many buildings......cha-Ching!
I strongly disagree. I think the 9.5 payouts would drop substantially if we could get guys out at say 8AM. I've heard it 20 times, I want the OT, but I want the family time more.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Watched a guy tonight clock out and then go park the package car. Why?

Because the center manager told him he was going to write him up if he sent him help for 9.5 and he still went over.

Smh how do so many vaginas work for this company?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I strongly disagree. I think the 9.5 payouts would drop substantially if we could get guys out at say 8AM. I've heard it 20 times, I want the OT, but I want the family time more.
This is a common practice to reduce overtime at a lot of companies. So given the choice, you would start someone at 8am, with a 6pm pickup, to reduce hours, as opposed to starting them at 9am? Basic math, don’t be so naive.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
This is a common practice to reduce overtime at a lot of companies. So given the choice, you would start someone at 8am, with a 6pm pickup, to reduce hours, as opposed to starting them at 9am? Basic math, don’t be so naive.
That's not what I'm saying. I don't hear guys complaining about 6 PM pickups. What I do hear is guys complaining about finishing their res at 745, 800, or even 830. If they can get all their deliveries off before the pickup trace, it makes days a lot easier. Not to mention there will always be OT whores that would take those late PU routes if they had the opportunity.

Plus, why do we have to start everyone at the same time? Right now, it makes sense, because we're tight on air. But if you can realistically get guys out at 8AM, you can still start guys at 9AM or 10AM, to keep their paid day down and still keep a reasonable day

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Because the plane that flys to Louisville now leaves later so customers and shippers and drop shippers have till I believe 1030 pm instead of 9pm for a overnight package and international ..That is the bread and butter of ups. They make hardly nothing on ground packages

10 30? Wow. We have to have our air in by 6 30 pm. For the air car to drive 45 minutes to make the airport

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
They've spent billions updating centers and hubs the last few years. Should they have started soon? Sure but let's not act like the company isn't spending any money.

Wish they'd send some our way. In same building from 1968. Single belt Down the middle. Made for 25 routes. Have 2 dog houses outside

Over disciplined0123

Watched a guy tonight clock out and then go park the package car. Why?

Because the center manager told him he was going to write him up if he sent him help for 9.5 and he still went over.

Smh how do so many vaginas work for this company?
Lol that’s funny what an idiot That is the best there are times when our building gets the word from above that no driver shall work over 9.5 I would always say I’m not going to make it under 9.5 and send me help . Then instead of just 1 guy going over 9.5 there are 2 guys .....you and the one that is helping you and that will always get your name on the board to see manager . It’s amusing to see 15 guys standing in line in front of center managers office for discipline every day ..., Then if your one of the last ones in line you do not get out of building till 945 at times which creates late air ... that puts your name on the board for the next day... we are all used to it by now

35years

Gravy route
The last time they tried to set a curfew around here I would text in ...
"Not going to make it."
With their all-knowing stops left in my board calculation they figured I was bluffing, and would be getting them all done.
They text back..."get them all done AND make the curfew!"

With 5 stops left I said "You told me I will get a warning letter if I go over the curfew, but you would not send help, So I am now taking the remaining break and bringing the rest back as missed."

Sup drove up to the restaurant where I was taking break and pleaded with me to do the rest and punch out....

Nope, not going to happen.

He had me dump the stops out, I finished break and headed in. I have no idea what happened to the pkgs., and did not care. I left them on the curb with the sup.

No discipline.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
And that starts a chain reaction also from air packages arriving in our facility from other areas henceforth that is why we start later .. They now have more time ::I can see a 10oclock start happening soon
Maybe for your building. We have late air everyday. Hardly seems economical.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Don’t you get it we are now out there later making pickups. Here is a example . 10 years ago the cut off for you to receive a on call air was 3pm now it is 630 pm they can said to a ground driver and after 630 it goes to a air driver .Drop boxes used to be picked up at 7 pm now they are picked up at 9pm. So you see now
It has nothing to do with how many you pickup. It’s about how many you you can deliver on time.
Question:
How many NDA’s can you deliver in an hour?