2018 Contract proposal ???5 sick day 4 Optional day Pay

Observer

This contract will not be ratified prior to July 31st. It will be another standoff like the last one. This contract is actually more important than the last one because of the pension isuue. All you have to do is look at what the airplane mechanics have had to wait for. I would think after 9 months past the expiration of the contract - the company would have to go ahead and give the raisies- instead of wainting until the contract is ratified. Very, Very unfair.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
UPS knows what happens even if a strike is voted upon by the members ( which will happen if negotiations are not progressing before July 31st a strike vote will be sent out to members)). UPS lost millions of dollars of business and accounts before and during the last strike which took years to gain back . will never get that far unless they have a plan in place to just Replace Us . And that does not usually go over well with the general public just replacing over 250,000employess who will then be unemployed collecting Unemployment. I can not even see it getting close to a strike vote . Fed ex will be at all our major shippers telling them that a strike is possible and packages will be delayed sitting in warehouses For who knows how long scaring shippers into contracts with them
So all of what you stated is even a better reason for the company to come to the table ready to give us a fair contract and not play games....

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
This contract will not be ratified prior to July 31st. It will be another standoff like the last one. This contract is actually more important than the last one because of the pension isuue. All you have to do is look at what the airplane mechanics have had to wait for. I would think after 9 months past the expiration of the contract - the company would have to go ahead and give the raisies- instead of wainting until the contract is ratified. Very, Very unfair.

Contract History 1997-2013:

1997 (the Ron Carey strike)

2002 (Hoffa's first negotiated contract)

2008 (Contract ratified eight months before expiration) Central States buy out.

2013 (Master Contract ratified eight months before expiration) Health and Welfare issues.

The 1997 contract was never put up to the membership for vote. Ron Carey knew the membership could pass it over fear of a strike and the failing Central States funding. It was a last ditch effort to help funding of the union controlled pension funds and helped a lot of members be able to obtain a full time position that would contribute to the failing pension trusts.:happy2:

The 2002 contract never had the drama, it just would not be smart to walk a picket line after the 1997 one.:speechless2:

The 2008 contract was strictly about the Central States underfunding, it had to be settled early in Dec 2007 to prevent a tax penalty put in place by the federal government.:sad-little:

The 2013 contract was settled early with the hope of the company to prevent an expected rise of Health and Welfare costs associated with Obamacare and associated coverage of their union employees.:sick:

This 2018 contact will actually be one of the Hoffa's administration first fully negotiated without a concern of ratifying before the expiration date. :confused2:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This 2018 contact will actually be one of the Hoffa's administration first fully negotiated without a concern of ratifying before the expiration date. :confused2:

I respectfully disagree.

Our competitors are already talking to our major shippers which is why, more so than ever, it is crucial that we get this one done long before 7/31.

UPS Preloader

There should be a clause in the contract that if the new contract is not ratified by August 1, that we receive the last scheduled raise ($1.00) plus a cost of living increase on top of the last scheduled raise. Same thing the next year if the contract is still not ratified. When finally ratified, if the scheduled raises are higher than what we received they pay us back the balance. But if the negotiated rate is lower, we just get to keep it.

There should be a clause in the contract that if the new contract is not ratified by August 1, that we receive the last scheduled raise ($1.00) plus a cost of living increase on top of the last scheduled raise. Same thing the next year if the contract is still not ratified. When finally ratified, if the scheduled raises are higher than what we received they pay us back the balance. But if the negotiated rate is lower, we just get to keep it.
Then you would forfeit the one bargaining chip you have. The threat of a strike.

DELACROIX

I respectfully disagree.

Our competitors are already talking to our major shippers which is why, more so than ever, it is crucial that we get this one done long before 7/31.

I understand where you a heading on this. I was referencing the last two contracts (2008 and 2013) were both parties agreed to their best interests to settle them eight months prior to the deadline. Any suggestions to a timeframe when a line in the sand is drawn and a strike vote is taken or an agreed extension pass 7/31?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I understand where you a heading on this. I was referencing the last two contracts (2008 and 2013) were both parties agreed to their best interests to settle them eight months prior to the deadline. Any suggestions to a timeframe when a line in the sand is drawn and a strike vote is taken or an agreed extension pass 7/31?

This contract is unique in that I have no skin in the game. I can sit back and watch the drama unfold as a spectator as I will be retired by then.

IMO this needs to be wrapped up no later than Memorial Day.

DELACROIX

This contract is unique in that I have no skin in the game. I can sit back and watch the drama unfold as a spectator as I will be retired by then.

IMO this needs to be wrapped up no later than Memorial Day.

Are their any concerns of them raising retiree's Health and Welfare co-pays? If you are over 65 there wouldn't any, if not it is a big issue.

Over disciplined0123

Dude
I started when we had paper delivery records. It was no different before EDD.
. Can you share whatever your smoking. I basically had same route for over 20 yrs. 98 stops and 250 pieces with 70 miles was a 8 hr day. Now it’s 130 stops with same pieces and miles is 8 hr day You are out of your mind to say nothing’s changed

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

If the contracts not ratified how do you even know how much the raises are ?

Sounds like your getting the cart in front
of the horse

F

Frankie's Friend

I respectfully disagree.

Dude, where you been? They talk to our customers every day regardless of the cba looming. Our damages and ODO lose more customers than a unsettled cba. Serouosly dude. Get a grip.