2018 Contract proposal ???5 sick day 4 Optional day Pay

F

Frankie's Friend

Contract History 1997-2013:

The 2013 contract was settled early with the hope of the company to prevent an expected rise of Health and Welfare costs associated with Obamacare and associated coverage of their union employees.:sick:

This 2018 contact will actually be one of the Hoffa's administration first fully negotiated without a concern of ratifying before the expiration date. :confused2:
Early???? Like in the spring of 2014????

UPS Preloader

Then you would forfeit the one bargaining chip you have. The threat of a strike.

Why would this eliminate the threat of a strike. We could still go on strike, but if we didn’t, at least we would get something while we’re working out the details

Why would this eliminate the threat of a strike. We could still go on strike, but if we didn’t, at least we would get something while we’re working out the details
So you propose 3 options? Vote yes, strike, or work until a settlement is reached with a pay raise.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Early???? Like in the spring of 2014????

I could be wrong on the dates of the last contract but I believe that the (Master) language passed on the first vote which was before January 2014. What you are understanding is that it took a while to get the supplements ratified, particularly the Central supplement. The retro checks were sent out after Hoffa bypassed a couple of local supplements knowing that they would never get the votes to ratify, by them most of the members were eager to get their money honey.

F

Frankie's Friend

I could be wrong on the dates of the last contract but I believe that the (Master) language passed on the first vote which was before January 2014. What you are understanding is that it took a while to get the supplements ratified, particularly the Central supplement. The retro checks were sent out after Hoffa bypassed a couple of local supplements knowing that they would never get the votes to ratify, by them most of the members were eager to get their money honey.
The master is one thing the contract passing is another. Settled early? Like 9 months after the last one expired. Evidently you dont understand what you posted. The Central passed on the second vote whereas other supps and riders did not. It was imposed to pass in the spring of 2014. Probably thr worst ups cba debacle in history.
Hoffa (?) "bypassed" more than "a couple" dude.

Last edited by a moderator:

trickpony1

Our local covers our retiree healthcare----it is the same plan-----singles pay $150/month-----it is not a contractual or supplemental issue.

Is this until you reach Medicare age or as a supplement after starting Medicare?
I know a driver that retired at age 65. He is on Medicare and had to get a supplement (not Teamsters) like everyone else.

TRY TO GRASP THIS.....he can pay $200 a month for the very same coverage FOR HIS WIFE (Teamster's), while he was a driver, BUT, he, himself, can't purchase it.

Ironically, his wife didn't do one minute of union labor in her life...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Is this until you reach Medicare age or as a supplement after starting Medicare?
I know a driver that retired at age 65. He is on Medicare and had to get a supplement (not Teamsters) like everyone else.

TRY TO GRASP THIS.....he can pay $200 a month for the very same coverage FOR HIS WIFE (Teamster's), while he was a driver, BUT, he, himself, can't purchase it.

Our local drops us like a hot potato on our 65th birthday.

My daughter works for a health insurance company and will help me navigate the world of Medicare supplements when the time comes.

trickpony1

Our local drops us like a hot potato on our 65th birthday.

Do you find it ironic the Teamster's will accept money to insure this guy's wife (who never did any union labor) but he was dropped like a hot potato and had to get a supplement elsewhere?

It's like this guy was saying, "Here Teamster's....I want to give you money..." and the Teamster's are saying, "Nope...not gonna happen.".

The master is one thing the contract passing is another. Settled early? Like 9 months after the last one expired. Evidently you dont understand what you posted. The Central passed on the second vote whereas other supps and riders did not. It was imposed to pass in the spring of 2014. Probably thr worst ups cba debacle in history.
Hoffa (?) "bypassed" more than "a couple" dude.
Everyone was too worried about getting their retro check....

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Some guys really got hosed on that deal.
What a cluster friend* that was.
I was keeping track and asked my steward about being overpaid, he said I just got lucky and not to complain, SMH. Some of our hub stewards aren't exactly the sharpest tools in the shed. Math is hard I guess.

F

Frankie's Friend

I told some of those guys not to spend that money if you think they overpaid you
Finance Dept is much better now that they out sourced it. It was bad in 2013 but its off the chart bad now. They must be on commission.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Is his wife 65?