2018 YES vote : Why does the IBT BACK THIS ?

LagunaBrown

Your guys will now go from 2 tier to 22.4. If you already have Saturday delivery those jobs are lost. There will be at least another 5 years before enough rpcd retire to allow a 22.4 to fill a protected rpcd job. By then Denis T would have increased the 25% cap on 22.4
You just voted to keep your 2 tier drivers permanently at a lower rate
Lol. No. What will happen is the existing two tier driver will become a full time 22.4. Thus the wait stays the same and they are jumping progression and gaining progression credits.

LagunaBrown

We don't care about the intent of the language in the West, same as you obviously don't care about language outside your region.
Not true I have always said a vote depends on each regions supplements and riders. You vote no guys tell everyone to vote no in total bigot fashion. Big difference.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Not true I have always said a vote depends on each regions supplements and riders. You vote no guys tell everyone to vote no in total bigot fashion. Big difference.
No, you hear what you want to hear and see what you want see.

Many of us are saying that it shouldn't be that way, that the Master should effect us all the same and "autonomy" be damned....that we shouldn't be voting on a supposed "National Master" under a plethora of unparalleled criteria.

....also with "it is what it is" in play, that we must VOTE NO on our supplements until we are satisfied with the Master (or at least until we are confident that the master will pass).
How else can anyone be sure their supplement has addressed the weaknesses of Master?

The "big difference" that really doesn't need to be pointed out....again (but I will for personal satisfaction), is that your hollow, self-absorbed, solo sortie mission here has fallen mostly on deaf ears and continues to be nearly unilaterally rebuked.

....but by all means, carry on.

LagunaBrown

No, you hear what you want to hear and see what you want see.

Many of us are saying that it shouldn't be that way, that the Master should effect us all the same and "autonomy" be damned....that we shouldn't be voting on a supposed "National Master" under a plethora of unparalleled criteria.

....also with "it is what it is" in play, that we must VOTE NO on our supplements until we are satisfied with the Master (or at least until we are confident that the master will pass).
How else can anyone be sure their supplement has addressed the weaknesses of Master?

The "big difference" that really doesn't need to be pointed out....again (but I will for personal satisfaction), is that your hollow, self-absorbed, solo sortie mission here has fallen mostly on deaf ears and continues to be nearly unilaterally rebuked.

....but by all means, carry on.
Wow. Well the world needs dreamers like you. Sounds good and all but really you just desperately want the National to get voted down regardless of what it means to us.

There is a reason you lost your Local elections 3 times. You couldn’t win with your peers and now you are here on the internet trying to sell your snake oil to the west. No thank buddy. If your membership won’t take your BS why would I?

Last edited:

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Lol. No. What will happen is the existing two tier driver will become a full time 22.4. Thus the wait stays the same and they are jumping progression and gaining progression credits.
They will become 22.4 instead of rpcd.

Just how many 2 tier drivers do you have? The only way it would make sense to vote for this is if it were currently 25% of your workforce.

LagunaBrown

They will become 22.4 instead of rpcd.

Just how many 2 tier drivers do you have? The only way it would make sense to vote for this is if it were currently 25% of your workforce.
Do you guys even listen to what I say? It’s funny you all complain that I say the same thing over and over yet dont comprehend :censored2:. I have explained this so many times.

They will only hire as many 22.4’s as they need for Saturday delivery if they hired more they would have to pay the extras their guaranteed 8 on Saturday. So they will replace most of our current two tier drivers 10% tops. They will not hire 25% if they hired 25% like you say then they would have more cars on road and routes in. Any new routes in 3 out of 5 days a week become permanently bid routes to RPCD’s and they would be forced to hire more RPCD’s. Unless you actually read or know the contract how would you guys know something like that right? Most of you guys are amateurs giving bad advice. SMH

Last edited:

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Do you guys even listen to what I say? It’s funny you all complain that I say the same thing over and over yet dont comprehend :censored2:. I have explained this so many times.

They will only hire as many 22.4’s as they need for Saturday delivery if they hired more they would have to pay the extras their guaranteed 8 on Saturday. So they will replace most of our current two tier drivers 10% tops. They will not hire 25% if they hired 25% like you say then they would have more cars on road and routes in. Any new routes in 3 out of 5 days a week become permanently bid routes to RPCD’s and they would be forced to hire more RPCD’s. Unless you actually read or know the contract how would you guys know something like that right? Most of you guys are amateurs giving bad advice. SMH
You have never posted any contract language proving any of your talking points. Where is this 3 in 5 route language?

542thruNthru

You have never posted any contract language proving any of your talking points. Where is this 3 in 5 route language?

It's in the Western. It's actually 3 days a week in a 30 day period.

Screenshot_20181001-165000.png

Froome

Why is it so hard for you to comprehend that the 22.4 is an improvement (full time pension, healthcare and slight raise) over the current two tier driver and will replace most of them and NOT the RPCD. You do realize if you vote no we still keep the current two tier driver and you are agreeing to keep them paid less. Your are NOT voting on eliminating two tier drivers that already exist. There is no running scared it is pure logic. You are voting no to keep a worse deal period. It’s like taking to a wall with you guys. If you want to vote no go ahead but I’m telling you that you guys are missing the intent of the language here in the West.

Ups doesn't care about intent. Only how can we twist the language to benefit ups more and still stay within the contract. Intent is nice but why not strengthen the language and make it definite instead.

LagunaBrown

Ups doesn't care about intent. Only how can we twist the language to benefit ups more and still stay within the contract. Intent is nice but why not strengthen the language and make it definite instead.
No UPS does not care about intent that’s what grievance are for.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

You say this, all the while not being able to enforce the temporary cover driver language that is presently in place???

....yet somehow I'm the "snake oil salesmen"???

Who are you trying to kid???

SMH

542thruNthru

So would additional package car drivers and 22.3 employees as provided for in the present contract???

You aren't drinking his Kool-Aid, are you???

No I understand what you mean. I'm not drinking anyone's kool-aid. He knows cover drivers will stay if this contract is voted down. He doesn't want to lose their FT contributions to Pension and H&W.

Yes they could hire more FT drivers and keep Cover Drivers but unless they get rid of Cover Drivers and replace them with FT it won't have as big a impact on Pension and H&W as 22.4s.

So that's what he wants.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
No I understand what you mean. I'm not drinking anyone's kool-aid. He knows cover drivers will stay if this contract is voted down. He doesn't want to lose their FT contributions to Pension and H&W.

Yes they could hire more FT drivers and keep Cover Drivers but unless they get rid of Cover Drivers and replace them with FT it won't have as big a impact on Pension and H&W as 22.4s.

So that's what he wants.
Was the "cover driver" language eliminated in your proposed supplement?