2018 YES vote : Why does the IBT BACK THIS ?

In the central supplement it states that the top 90% that work the first day of the week will be guaranteed 40hrs, that's great but why not take out the loophole in the national. I can already see my center manager plotting his next moves with this langauge.

Your supplement supersedes the NMA regarding this issue.

Thanks for the info, will have to wait and see if the typo in the NM is ever addressed. I did ask my BA and he gave me no real answer other then trust me you will get your 40, not good enough in my book.

It really changes nothing, I think it prob juat has to do with that section all being new language. It can't cut anyone's guaranteed hours, if they have the guarantee.

And unless the NMA explicitly addresses the issue, the supplements supersede the NMA. You also benefit from the better of either language.

542thruNthru

In the central supplement it states that the top 90% that work the first day of the week will be guaranteed 40hrs, that's great but why not take out the loophole in the national. I can already see my center manager plotting his next moves with this langauge.

So with the new master language it doesn't have to be only the top 90%.

It will be anyone working a M-friend schedule. Bottom 10% or not.

Article 2 Section 2 let's you use which ever language is superior.

LagunaBrown

And this is why they put in "if work is available" and " when scheduled" in the master. Routes will be cut Mondays to push work for 22.4s on Satuday and Sunday. 3 out of 5 days will not get 40 hrs a week. Please dont mention your supplemental for guaranteed hours, master supersede the supplementals. Until this is taken out and they reduce 22.4s to 10% it's a no vote for sure all day strike or no strike.
You are an amateur telling people lies. Article 2. Sec 2 NMA proves SWPR language is legit and guarantees us a 5 consecutive 8 hour days. Read the damn contract! You guys don’t know :censored2: and act like you are the cats meow.

LagunaBrown

Nope, article 2 section 2 of the NMA states precisely the opposite. 8/40/5-day guarantees have always been in supplements, and many areas never had those guarantees. The NMA didn't address that.

You can vote "no" and call for a strike all you want, I'm on board, but know what you're actually against.
Thx I didn’t notice you already adressed the guaranteed workweek. Appreciate it.

LagunaBrown

I know, I was really upset about it initially as well. Now I'm more curious, because it doesn't actually change anything. I'm curious what it may lead to later, but it actually may be nothing, and probably is, but who know in five years. That whole section is new language, it may just be reiterating the lack of a national guarantee.
Basically it means if you didn’t have a guarantee then you still don’t and if you did then you keep it. It’s all depends on your supplements and riders.

LagunaBrown

Was the "cover driver" language eliminated in your proposed supplement?
We don’t want cover drivers totally eliminated. Most will go into 22.4 but a small amount will cover Monday’s and vacations. There is good ratio language that was won in a grievance that allows us to get drivers hired and it benefits us to keep them in play. Plus that’s how we jump starting RPCD progression pay from $18 to $27.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The problem I have is the IBT is happy to play whatever sides against each other they have to get a yes vote.

Why are you guys worried about 22.4? You won't have Saturday delivery for years so you won't have them.

Us: we don't agree with them period doesn't matter that we won't have them. We are standing up for our union brothers and sisters.

Union: but why? You won't have them.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Unless. Someone retires. They still have to keep the same amount of regular package car driver jobs.
We already have Saturday delivery by rpcd.
Those jobs are not protected. There will be a 4 - 5 year gap before enough drivers retire for anyone to have a chance to fill a top rate job.

542thruNthru

Where is that language because ft seniority has always trumped PT seniority.

Actually I've posted it a few times and he is correct. In our supplement PT and 22.4 will go off of company seniority.
Screenshot_20181002-093720.png
Screenshot_20181002-093801.png