2018 YES vote : Why does the IBT BACK THIS ?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
No I understand what you mean. I'm not drinking anyone's kool-aid. He knows cover drivers will stay if this contract is voted down. He doesn't want to lose their FT contributions to Pension and H&W.

Yes they could hire more FT drivers and keep Cover Drivers but unless they get rid of Cover Drivers and replace them with FT it won't have as big a impact on Pension and H&W as 22.4s.

So that's what he wants.
I'm pretty sure laguna is this guy
diad_thumb.jpg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Do you guys even listen to what I say? It’s funny you all complain that I say the same thing over and over yet dont comprehend :censored2:. I have explained this so many times.

They will only hire as many 22.4’s as they need for Saturday delivery if they hired more they would have to pay the extras their guaranteed 8 on Saturday. So they will replace most of our current two tier drivers 10% tops. They will not hire 25% if they hired 25% like you say then they would have more cars on road and routes in. Any new routes in 3 out of 5 days a week become permanently bid routes to RPCD’s and they would be forced to hire more RPCD’s. Unless you actually read or know the contract how would you guys know something like that right? Most of you guys are amateurs giving bad advice. SMH

The explanation you give about how UPS will hire 22.4 is speculation, and you have no evidence or clarified contract language to support the speculation. You call us amateurs, are you implying that you are somehow a professional? Professional what? Fortune teller?

calm_down_thumb.gif

542thruNthru

So do think this "new langauge" is going to somehow dissuade the Company from continuing to use and abuse temporary cover drivers in the West???

That will depend on if the Union enforces the language unlike before.

Do I think they will immediately create a FT Driving position after 156 reports... No

I do believe they will be forced to pay FT pension contributions if they work 3 days in a week. Because that's what our union seems to care about most.

The only reason the company will probably not use and abuse Cover Driver anymore would be because of the new 22.4 position. They will be the new Cover Drivers. (If the contract passes as is)

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Do you guys even listen to what I say? It’s funny you all complain that I say the same thing over and over yet dont comprehend :censored2:. I have explained this so many times.

They will only hire as many 22.4’s as they need for Saturday delivery if they hired more they would have to pay the extras their guaranteed 8 on Saturday. So they will replace most of our current two tier drivers 10% tops. They will not hire 25% if they hired 25% like you say then they would have more cars on road and routes in. Any new routes in 3 out of 5 days a week become permanently bid routes to RPCD’s and they would be forced to hire more RPCD’s. Unless you actually read or know the contract how would you guys know something like that right? Most of you guys are amateurs giving bad advice. SMH
And this is why they put in "if work is available" and " when scheduled" in the master. Routes will be cut Mondays to push work for 22.4s on Satuday and Sunday. 3 out of 5 days will not get 40 hrs a week. Please dont mention your supplemental for guaranteed hours, master supersede the supplementals. Until this is taken out and they reduce 22.4s to 10% it's a no vote for sure all day strike or no strike.

And this is why they put in "if work is available" and " when scheduled" in the master. Routes will be cut Mondays to push work for 22.4s on Satuday and Sunday. 3 out of 5 days will not get 40 hrs a week. Please dont mention your supplemental for guaranteed hours, master supersede the supplementals. Until this is taken out and they reduce 22.4s to 10% it's a no vote for sure all day strike or no strike.

Nope, article 2 section 2 of the NMA states precisely the opposite. 8/40/5-day guarantees have always been in supplements, and many areas never had those guarantees. The NMA didn't address that.

You can vote "no" and call for a strike all you want, I'm on board, but know what you're actually against.

BigBrown87

Nope, article 2 section 2 of the NMA states precisely the opposite. 8/40/5-day guarantees have always been in supplements, and many areas never had those guarantees. The NMA didn't address that.

You can vote "no" and call for a strike all you want, I'm on board, but know what you're actually against.
Then why add the langauge? Typo? This langauge was not in the previous contract.

Then why add the langauge? Typo? This langauge was not in the previous contract.

I know, I was really upset about it initially as well. Now I'm more curious, because it doesn't actually change anything. I'm curious what it may lead to later, but it actually may be nothing, and probably is, but who know in five years. That whole section is new language, it may just be reiterating the lack of a national guarantee.

BigBrown87

I know, I was really upset about it initially as well. Now I'm more curious, because it doesn't actually change anything. I'm curious what it may lead to later, but it actually may be nothing, and probably is, but who know in five years. That whole section is new language, it may just be reiterating the lack of a national guarantee.
In the central supplement it states that the top 90% that work the first day of the week will be guaranteed 40hrs, that's great but why not take out the loophole in the national. I can already see my center manager plotting his next moves with this langauge.