2020 candidates

BrownArmy

I don't appreciate that the Democratic party has been hijacked by late term abortionists. Folks are making it hard to accept either side.

To me it seems like the convergence of social media, the 24-news cycle, and the general acceleration of the pace of life in general.

It’s like a centrifuge, everything and everyone who is in the largest part of the bell-curve gets spun out, and what’s left is the hard left and right extremes.

Plenty of Republicans are just fine with abortion, plenty of Democrats are just fine with guns, etc.

But you wouldn’t know it, so a guy like Trump gets elected because he pushed every fear button he could find, and guys like Bernie had a huge following because people just want the furniture thrown around. HRC just wanted to replace the same furniture, people weren’t interested.

If Bernie had won the D nomination, it’s possible he might be Prez right now...there were a lot of Trump voters who might have voted for Bernie, and a lot of Bernie voters who didn’t vote for obvious reasons.

‘Late-term’ abortion is a red herring, just saying.

Box Ox

Plenty of Republicans are just fine with abortion, plenty of Democrats are just fine with guns

I dunno. It's probably much easier for a Democrat to believe in the 2nd Amendment and own a gun for home defense than a Republican in killing babies shortly before birth.

‘Late-term’ abortion is a red herring, just saying.

Sure, if you don't really care about what it actually is.

If Bernie had won the D nomination, it’s possible he might be Prez right now...there were a lot of Trump voters who might have voted for Bernie, and a lot of Bernie voters who didn’t vote for obvious reasons.

Maybe. But it seems time has allowed for more of his crazy ideas to come out. Like allowing rapists/murderers/terrorists to vote while incarcerated. Not sure he'd be in a better position this time around.

BrownArmy

The killing and extraction of the baby between the 26-27th week and moment of birth.

How often do you think that happens?

(Setting aside the rare cases where a six-month old baby is in such a state that both the baby and mother are at risk of death)

BrownArmy

Yea partial birth abortion and infanticide will be next. They are crazy and dangerous, please don’t vote for democrats.

How often do you think abortions happen past 26 weeks?

Hint: less than 1% of abortions, and if it happens that late and a doctor will actually sign off, things went sideways to such an extent that it’s the only option.

BrownArmy

Not sure Obama stopped abortion statistics.

I have no idea about that; if anyone stopped actual statistics that don’t support their narrative, it’s the Trump administration.

Bottom line, you’re against something which isn’t a thing, which is why I said the phrase ‘late-term abortions’ is a red herring.

El Correcto

god is dead
I have no idea about that; if anyone stopped actual statistics that don’t support their narrative, it’s the Trump administration.

Bottom line, you’re against something which isn’t a thing, which is why I said the phrase ‘late-term abortions’ is a red herring.
That national public radio is really rotting your brain.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
That's when Behar made a seemingly random comment about
"dirty" Republicans.

“Listen, I understand where you’re coming from, I just feel like you’re playing in an uneven field with the Republicans because they will play dirty and we will not, on the Democratic side, and that could kill us,” Behar said."

So Joy is basically asking Kirsten whether woke squad Democrats might be willing to stop eating their own/running them out of town over fairly minor things ("playing dirty" like the Republicans do) in order to beat the Republicans. Makes sense to me. Even though Joy chose to phrase it that way.
That’s a bunch of :bsbullf:!

BrownArmy

Washington Post says about 926,000 abortions in 2014 were technically late term. Low as a percentage of total abortions but still a sizable number of nearly fully-formed kids.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-p...s-late-term-abortions-law-women-who-get-them/

Re-read the article, it says 1.3% of the 926,000 abortions in 2014 were categorized as 'late-term', which the article also says is a nebulous designation.

A fetus at 21 weeks is hardly viable.

No one is getting abortions at 30 weeks, etc.

Back to my point: there isn't an epidemic of 'late-term' abortions.

There's a Frontline documentary about abortion, it's good watching, and I can say that with clarity because it's bound to upset people on both sides of the issue.