2020 candidates

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The D debate list is out and Pocahontas is in with the second night want-to-bes.
She didn't make it to the main event.
Or maybe she did ?

The Democratic National Committee has split the large field of Democratic candidates into two groups for the first debate of the primary season, scheduled for later this month.

Group one, known as “purple group,” includes former vice president Joe Biden, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I., Vt.), Sen. Kamala Harris (Calif.), South Bend mayor Pete Buttigieg, Sen. Michael Bennet (Colo.), spiritual guru Marianne Williamson, Rep. Eric Swalwell (Calif.), Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (NY), venture capitalist Andrew Yang, and former Colorado governor John Hickenlooper.

The second group, or “orange group,” consists of Sen. Elizabeth Warren (Mass.), Sen. Cory Booker (NJ), former Texas congressman Robert Francis ‘Beto’ O’Rourke, Sen. Amy Klobuchar (Minn.), former congressman John Delaney, Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (Hawaii), former Obama administration official Julian Castro, Rep. Tim Ryan (Ohio), New York City mayor Bill de Blasio, and Washington governor Jay Inslee.

oldngray

nowhere special
Or maybe she did ?

The Democratic National Committee has split the large field of Democratic candidates into two groups for the first debate of the primary season, scheduled for later this month.

Group one, known as “purple group,” includes former vice president Joe Biden, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I., Vt.), Sen. Kamala Harris (Calif.), South Bend mayor Pete Buttigieg, Sen. Michael Bennet (Colo.), spiritual guru Marianne Williamson, Rep. Eric Swalwell (Calif.), Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (NY), venture capitalist Andrew Yang, and former Colorado governor John Hickenlooper.

The second group, or “orange group,” consists of Sen. Elizabeth Warren (Mass.), Sen. Cory Booker (NJ), former Texas congressman Robert Francis ‘Beto’ O’Rourke, Sen. Amy Klobuchar (Minn.), former congressman John Delaney, Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (Hawaii), former Obama administration official Julian Castro, Rep. Tim Ryan (Ohio), New York City mayor Bill de Blasio, and Washington governor Jay Inslee.
Plus 3 more also rans who never had a chance anyway.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Or maybe she did ?

The second group, or “orange group,” consists of Sen. Elizabeth Warren (Mass.), former Texas congressman Robert Francis ‘Beto’ O’Rourke, Sen. Amy Klobuchar (Minn.), former congressman John Delaney, Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (Hawaii), former Obama administration official Julian Castro, Rep. Tim Ryan (Ohio), New York City mayor Bill de Blasio, and Washington governor Jay Inslee.
What happened to Spartacus?

LarryBird

I like Andrew Yang's rebranded universal basic income, the freedom dividend. But he's really gotta work on being less rigid and robotic - he gave the exact same talk on Bill Maher and NPR Fresh Air. It was word for word. I was actually taken aback by it. It left a poor taste in my mouth, and made him seem kind of like a windup doll.

UBI would be a great thing for this country. It provides a safety net that allows people to attempt to do great things, while supplementing those who follow more altruistic pursuits. It will be a reality sooner or later - we can't continue to automate jobs away without something giving.

People have a tendency to think our economy isn't all interconnected, and they couldn't be farther from the truth. Without all of these middle class labor jobs, the service economy model doesn't work. People need income to continue to utilize these services, or it's just a house of cards, an economy built of nothing, and with no foundation.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
UBI would be a great thing for this country. It provides a safety net that allows people to attempt to do great things, while supplementing those who follow more altruistic pursuits. It will be a reality sooner or later - we can't continue to automate jobs away without something giving.
We only need half of what you earn to implement it. You’re comfortable with that, right?

LarryBird

Wrong.
You're just making crap up.
Even if he wasn't, that's still not a bad deal for most people in the middle class.

If they take an extra 15% or so, and in return you receive a universal basic income, in addition to whatever you earn from working, most people are coming out ahead of where they are now.

As I said, I'd be fine with that.

LarryBird

Harvard entitles him to more than someone who went to a state university?
Traditionally.

Not saying it's right or wrong either way, but going to Mississippi State doesn't tend to afford one the same status or entitlements as going to Harvard does.

That's just the way it is.

If Mississippi State or Penn State or North Carolina State etc students don't like that, perhaps they should've hit the books a little harder and applied to more prestigious schools. With those prestigious schools, comes a degree personal prestige for their attendees, as well it should.

floridays

at the same time he still deserves some recognition. he took a chance by going there. he could have had some bad guy find him behind the concertina wire and taken him out. Afghanistan has had its share of rogue acts by the guys that are supposed to be fighting on our side.

and to his credit he did go so that he could at least claim the rights of being a veteran . that's more then most of his competition in this race can say. too me the fact he just completed his service two years ago shows this was part of his plan to run for higher office
bsbullf.gif
, except for the last sentence, that is the only reason the sweetheart joined the reserves,.... period.