2022 step increase

MassWineGuy

It astounds me how the company has such a poor sense of timing. None of us really know what’s coming re: pay. What’s very well known is we have a chronic staff shortage and October isn’t a handy time to lose drivers. I wish there was some universal, instantaneous signal all drivers could get to call in sick on the same day, like Dec. 21st.

Serf

When fuel prices are high they just increase fuel surcharges and actually profit pretty heavily when fuel prices are high. Definitely not an excuse for no or low raises. They'll just say the same thing they always say. " Due to market conditions".
He’s right. When fuel was cheap under Trump, FedEx actually kinda explained how this hurt their profits

!Retired!

I used to care about steps and raises. But if it’s 2% 3% or a full step, what does it matter. Inflation is at least 7-9% and your medical will increase. In the words of Adrian to Rocky against Drago; “You can’t win!”
Unless they changed the step chart, steps are ~5%, give or take .1

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It astounds me how the company has such a poor sense of timing. None of us really know what’s coming re: pay. What’s very well known is we have a chronic staff shortage and October isn’t a handy time to lose drivers. I wish there was some universal, instantaneous signal all drivers could get to call in sick on the same day, like Dec. 21st.
A prolific poster to this site would boast every now and then about a mass outbreak of Purple Flu to send a message. He would assure us that he was always in contact with God know how many employees across the country and it was a big thing that was going to happen company-wide.

Of course, it was all BS.

Aquaman

This company operates in secrecy in regards to hourly employees. Managers have meetings with higher ups and are told to say nothing to their workgroups. Nobody talks about the direction of this company. The details of the whole company merger are going to remain secret until the day a change goes into affect. Was anybody told about response before that genius plan was activated? Managers had to try to hire drivers AFTER response started. Every year managment pretends to not know anything about our raises until last minute. All the lack of transparency at this company is directly related to morale here. People don’t like working here anymore and the company knows it. But they’re never going to realize the lack of transparency has been the problem, not the solution.

It will be fine

This company operates in secrecy in regards to hourly employees. Managers have meetings with higher ups and are told to say nothing to their workgroups. Nobody talks about the direction of this company. The details of the whole company merger are going to remain secret until the day a change goes into affect. Was anybody told about response before that genius plan was activated? Managers had to try to hire drivers AFTER response started. Every year managment pretends to not know anything about our raises until last minute. All the lack of transparency at this company is directly related to morale here. People don’t like working here anymore and the company knows it. But they’re never going to realize the lack of transparency has been the problem, not the solution.
I asked the local management what they thought about network 2.0 and they had no idea what I was talking about. I think it’s kinda difficult to execute a plan that large without anyone at the local level even having the basic overview.

purplelife

From my time in management, especially in recent years, I usually heard about changes on here or other groups before I got an official email from the company. Secret meetings and such might happen but not generally in my experience, definitely not local management. We hear rumors about pay but nothing until it's official in like late September.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
From my time in management, especially in recent years, I usually heard about changes on here or other groups before I got an official email from the company. Secret meetings and such might happen but not generally in my experience, definitely not local management.
You’re correct, there aren’t secret meetings between higher ups and ops managers. The guy who said that is clueless. Ops managers about the last to know about changes.

yadig

You’re correct, there aren’t secret meetings between higher ups and ops managers. The guy who said that is clueless. Ops managers about the last to know about changes.
I think they are gonna have a big surprise in the near future

Maui

This isn't a thing. Managers knew about response and in many locations hired mid-day employees well in advance to be prepared. The details were not available and many seniors complained that they had to plan without full info. Response was nearly scrapped right until they finalized the April 2021 flight schedule. Ops and most seniors have no idea about raises until they're announced.
I asked the local management what they thought about network 2.0 and they had no idea what I was talking about. I think it’s kinda difficult to execute a plan that large without anyone at the local level even having the basic overview.
It was confidential until the investor meeting and still details are sketchy. Only MD and above have seen the plans unless a building change is imminent and even then it's very limited info. However, this was 100% planned and discussed for YEARS by officers. It's not just the physical movement, but also streamlining IT and putting it all together. It's crazy to have DRO and ESTAR and spend that money developing multiple programs for example.
From my time in management, especially in recent years, I usually heard about changes on here or other groups before I got an official email from the company. Secret meetings and such might happen but not generally in my experience, definitely not local management. We hear rumors about pay but nothing until it's official in like late September.
100% this. There might be a small preview sometimes with expectations, but no manager really knows anything.

MAKAVELI

This isn't a thing. Managers knew about response and in many locations hired mid-day employees well in advance to be prepared. The details were not available and many seniors complained that they had to plan without full info. Response was nearly scrapped right until they finalized the April 2021 flight schedule. Ops and most seniors have no idea about raises until they're announced.

It was confidential until the investor meeting and still details are sketchy. Only MD and above have seen the plans unless a building change is imminent and even then it's very limited info. However, this was 100% planned and discussed for YEARS by officers. It's not just the physical movement, but also streamlining IT and putting it all together. It's crazy to have DRO and ESTAR and spend that money developing multiple programs for example.

100% this. There might be a small preview sometimes with expectations, but no manager really knows anything.
I think there are some managers that are a lot closer to knowledge then others. That's how it gets leaked on here, FB, Reddit, etc.