2022 step increase

Serf

mean, for example, UPS got ESTAR-style routing way before we did. Why is that? Because they needed to get as much productivity out of their drivers because they are more costly
I get that. However, in my case; I was already highly productive. Now I’m slower, and out there longer. Meaning, if you were a good veteran courier you don’t need the e star training wheels.

Aquaman

I get that. However, in my case; I was already highly productive. Now I’m slower, and out there longer. Meaning, if you were a good veteran courier you don’t need the e star training wheels.
Veteran couriers are going to quickly realize, if they haven’t already, that the company is done with them. Not slowly trying to push them out the door… but completely done.

Meat

Veteran couriers are going to quickly realize, if they haven’t already, that the company is done with them. Not slowly trying to push them out the door… but completely done.

I don’t think this is true.

At my station, 30 percent of the work force is comprised of long-term veteran drivers that are required to take OT.

The other 70 percent of the station know they’re not staying with the company long term, and NEVER pick up additional hours.

The station would be a disaster without the vets.

Last edited:

!Retired!

There’a quite a difference between what you’re saying and what FedEx does. Which is keep everyone in the dark until the light turns on and we’re all blinded by confusion. And ya I run a route. It’s not rocket science. I’m not doing surgery. But I’m the only product this company sells. So… uhh… I’m kind of important. Managers do not generate revenue. Ramp Agents generate nothing. Engineers, nope. Managing Directors? Nope. Chief Diversity Officers? Nope. Presidents & CEO’s… nope. This company generates revenue when I pick up a box and leave it on a porch. Nothing else makes a single dollar. That’s just reality. This company should emphasize drivers as their most important job. The way UPS does. But I’ve accepted this place is K-Mart where UPS is Wal-Mart. But a guy can dream.
I'm not going to detail each person you think doesn't generate revenue. But, if you think couriers do it alone, you are hopeless
Oh and they took the pension away…
Only 11% of the Fortune 500 companies offer a pension. Companies are moving away from them

yadig

I'm not going to detail each person you think doesn't generate revenue. But, if you think couriers do it alone, you are hopeless

Only 11% of the Fortune 500 companies offer a pension. Companies are moving away from them
It’s working out good for FedEx, crappy benefits, pay = crappie employees = crappie service. I could care less anymore! I’m making as much as I can and walking.

It will be fine

It’s working out good for FedEx, crappy benefits, pay = crappie employees = crappie service. I could care less anymore! I’m making as much as I can and walking.
You forgot it’s also = record profits. They don’t care either. They are making as much as they can off their stock options and walking. “Customers can suck it” is the new motto from what I gather.

BoxDriver

I always find it funny how when Express drivers are talking to Ground drivers it’s always “Yeah, but we get benefits.”, but when talking to other Express drivers it’s always “Our benefits suck and get worse every year!”.

MAKAVELI

I always find it funny how when Express drivers are talking to Ground drivers it’s always “Yeah, but we get benefits.”, but when talking to other Express drivers it’s always “Our benefits suck and get worse every year!”.
I always find it funny when a ground driver says I do 250-300 stops a day but I'm done by 4. 😂

Tars

people forget that isn't all about Ground. Express can easily pull drivers from Amazon. And yes you 25+ year pensioners are spoiled rotten. Express continues to crap on new employees and cater to veterans.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
people forget that isn't all about Ground. Express can easily pull drivers from Amazon. And yes you 25+ year pensioners are spoiled rotten. Express continues to crap on new employees and cater to veterans.
Amazon is gonna run out of people in 2 years unless the borders open up

MassWineGuy

Maybe. But in some states undocumented people can legally get a drivers license. Couldn’t be much worse than some of the Amazon drivers I’ve seen.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Most directors don't even know the details of network 2.0. Like most businesses things operate on a need to know basis. What difference does it make to someone in Austin, TX what's gonna happen in Pellston, MI?

What if it mostly changes nothing day to day for most employees? That is the most likely outcome.
That is exactly the outcome.

floridays

I don’t think this is true.

At my station, 30 percent of the work force is comprised of long-term veteran drivers that are required to take OT.

The other 70 percent of the station know they’re not staying with the company long term, and NEVER pick up additional hours.

Do you have any idea how a woman leaves a man?

Same situation exists here. It is a situation of need and fulfilling that need. When the need is satisfied it's see you later.

This is without doubt is a correct statement.
You say you're a smart guy, walk me through the progression.