2022 step increase

yadig

Ya putting miserable contractors in the same building as miserable employees with pensions, 401K match, benefits, & 5 weeks vacation will do wonders for morale. But this company doesn’t consider employees, nor do they care about morale… They ask about it every year, but they don’t care. They look at what makes sense on paper, and that’s it. The actual employee is not part of the equation here.
If retention isn’t even a consideration, why would the company give raises?

Open your eyes!
Help me open them. Where is the raised?

Aquaman

Expendable? I wouldn't say that. Easiest to replace? Yes.
I’d argue a higher up executive is easier to replace at the moment. Who wouldn’t take a higher up job paying hundreds of thousands of dollars? Who wouldn’t take millions? It’s clear no one in the company is doing any REAL work. Throwing out legitimate ideas. Trying to improve things. Just do whatever the guy above you wants and be a yes man. A lot more people would want that job over $18/hr. And I know you think those higher up big wigs are exceptionally bright people, but you’re wrong. They’re just normal people dude. Joe Bidens of the world. Career politicians out of touch with the actual population. This company has no leadership. I don’t know a single person hired in the 2000’s that likes their job here.

!Retired!

When it was a co-operative effort between the couriers and the ops manager, it worked much better.
It was never a co-operative effort of ONLY the couriers and ops management as long as I was there.
For one, they don't have that type of volume year round. Secondly most routes are not dense suburban areas. So for the most part that scenario isn't reality.
So, you don't think they can do that many stops and be done by 1600?
Oh you mean done by people that have actually been out there and knows what the areas are like?
Here's a preview if it were up to the couriers what would happen
Courier 1: I'm not doing the hospital
Courier 2: Well, I'm not going to do it
Courier 3: I have 10 stops more than you 2, I'm not doing it
Courier 1: Well, I did it yesterday
Courier 2: I did it the day before
and on and on
Now imagine 4-5 loops doing the same thing.

Couriers don't work together anymore. Everyone looks out for themselves.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I’d argue a higher up executive is easier to replace at the moment. Who wouldn’t take a higher up job paying hundreds of thousands of dollars? Who wouldn’t take millions? It’s clear no one in the company is doing any REAL work. Throwing out legitimate ideas. Trying to improve things. Just do whatever the guy above you wants and be a yes man. A lot more people would want that job over $18/hr. And I know you think those higher up big wigs are exceptionally bright people, but you’re wrong.
A lousy bigwig is like a bad NFL player. A bad NFL player is still better than 99% of all college players could ever hope to be. A bad bigwig is still brighter or whatever than 99% of all those who will never become bigwigs. It doesn't mean they're always right about everything but they've taken on exponentially greater challenges and higher levels of responsibility than can even imagine.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
and on and on

If I never agree with you about anything ever again, I'll agree with you about this until I die.

yadig

A lousy bigwig is like a bad NFL player. A bad NFL player is still better than 99% of all college players could ever hope to be. A bad bigwig is still brighter or whatever than 99% of all those who will never become bigwigs. It doesn't mean they're always right about everything but they've taken on exponentially greater challenges and higher levels of responsibility than can even imagine.
Your silly NFL comparison shows you’re a goob

El Morado Diablo

I don't want to be a jerk but what do you not understand about topped out?

It's top wage for your position.

If you want more bid on a higher position, push for a union (collective bargaining) or stfu. For too many years topped out have thrown the lessers under the bus, no complaints. I'm glad to see the topped out employees are feeling the same. Your type has made organizing more difficult.

My hope is you never see an increase until you retire. I know this will piss you off, so be it.

Topped out has never been concerned with the pay progression of those that have followed under less compensation.

Deal with it.

Wow.
Where to begin? You don't know me but you've painted me with an awfully broad brush.

I'm topped out - but I haven't been with FedEx long enough to be in the group ahead of me that went from starting pay to topped out in 18 months. It took me nearly 12 years to top out. So I'm actually in the group that barely made it as they went from 2 reviews per year to 1 review per year to the current mess we have now. I even dropped back down to Step 9 when our station was bumped from the bottom market level. The company changed the pay scales so they didn't recognize our being topped out then. So the entire idea of topped out being "top wage for you position" as you stated goes out the window.

As I said before, FedEx can change starting & topped out pay whenever they want. If base level topped out pay is $28.17 hr do you really want it to be that 20 years from now? If you do then you're an idiot.

Since I've worked at FedEx I've always stuck my neck out for all hourly employees. I've had the same Sr Mgr for 15 years and he warns the new Ops Mgrs about me every time he hires one. He doesn't say I'm a bad employee. He just tells them I'm not afraid to speak my mind. I'd be willing to bet you're nothing but a keyboard warrior when it comes to speaking up to management at work. It's so much easier to just assume anyone who's been around long enough to be topped out doesn't care about the inequities in FedEx's pay structure for those who were hired after us. Save your vitriol for the people who deserve it.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
If I never agree with you about anything ever again, I'll agree with you about this until I die.
That just confirms the ***t attitude you have to the people that actually do the real work, while you crunch meaningless numbers.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
It was never a co-operative effort of ONLY the couriers and ops management as long as I was there.

So, you don't think they can do that many stops and be done by 1600?

and on and on

Sad as this scenario is, they still know the areas better than any ‘puppet’ station engineer.

McFeely

Huge Member
It sure comes in handy, them being too lazy to put that area knowledge to good use.

Not exactly sure what you’re getting at, but I was asked ZERO times for any input with management/engineer on my last route that I ran for 6 years. I had plenty to share but they didn’t really want input.

Don’t know what it’s like at other stations though.