2022 step increase

LOL! A bigwig achieves that status from moving the needle in his previous positions. Doesn't mean they have the Midas touch or that every future decision will be right but it means they have successfully taken on more responsibility and greater challenges than the hecklers in the peanut gallery.
So these bigwigs got credit for a resilient system not cracking from stupid decisions? If they don't have the "Midas touch" then taking on responsibility and succeeding implies that they got lucky or exist as a scapegoat.

Fedexcellent

My better half was told PT was reserved for new hires. 4 positions opened and she was denied them all, with nearly 25 years of service. She retired. Now I'm stuck with her all day!
Why didn't your wife on her rural 4x10 simply bid on one of the open 5x8 routes that typically only get 6 hours of work and then effectively could have been "PT"?

!Retired!

My better half was told PT was reserved for new hires. 4 positions opened and she was denied them all, with nearly 25 years of service. She retired. Now I'm stuck with her all day!
That's when a call to HR is warranted to verify or debunk. Dumb allowing a 25 year courier to retire when they didn't have to.