22.4 drive not allowed to bid

Just started as a 22.4 driver. 9 days left in my progression. Scratching everyday except Saturdays. Filled out my union application today. The steward said the 22.4s can't bid on rpcd routes. That I have to put some sort of transfer request in. Is that even right. Have there been 22.4s that won bids? Not the 22.3 combo drivers but actual 22.4.

TYIA
I'm a RCPD in local 344. Once you make book, get your transfer form on file. Your steward can tell you where to grab one. It needs to be time- stamped. One copy goes to your local,one to HR, and one you keep. When a RCPD position is available, this form becomes YOUR bid for that position/ classification change. Consider the fact that we have about 20 current 22.4, and a few unassigned RCPD's right now. That's just counting half of our split center ( east/west). The 1 year rule is not something you'll need to focus on, as the line seems rather long. Good luck, hang in there.

Last edited:

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I'm a RCPD in local 344. Once you make book, get your transfer form on file. Your steward can tell you where to grab one. It needs to be time- stamped. One copy goes to your local,one to HR, and one you keep. When a RCPD position is available, this form becomes YOUR bid for that position/ classification change. Consider the fact that we have about 20 current 22.4, and a few unassigned RCPD's right now. That's just counting half of our split center ( east/west). The 1 year rule is not something you'll need to focus on, as the line seems rather long. Good luck, hang in there.
Would take less time to transfer to feeders.