22.4 eliminates 6000 RPCD jobs.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
The job is not protected. Only the driver. No t-s jobs count.

ok so what is the difference between m-friend "protected" jobs and t-s "red circled" by name?
sounds like if you use tony's 65000 number and the OP's 6000 number you get 71000 red circled by name rpcd jobs but only 65000 of them are protected. every time i dissect another piece of this language it just raises so many questions on how its interpreted!

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
ok so what is the difference between m-friend "protected" jobs and t-s "red circled" by name?
sounds like if you use tony's 65000 number and the OP's 6000 number you get 71000 red circled by name rpcd jobs but only 65000 of them are protected. every time i dissect another piece of this language it just raises so many questions on how its interpreted!
Every current rpcd will be red circled. But Only current m-friend rpcd jobs will be counted and protected. T-s jobs will not.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Every current rpcd will be red circled. But Only current m-friend rpcd jobs will be counted and protected. T-s jobs will not.

so whats the difference then? how can you red circle someones pay rate but not protect the job that's paying him said rate?

"hey t-s driver, we're now gonna move you to m-friend and we're still gonna pay you 36 bucks an hour as a rpcd cause your red circled, but when we fire you next week or next month, we're gonna replace you with a 22.4 cause your job is not protected"

Last edited:

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
They are protected. All existing package car drivers are protected. If you fail to accept it then let time prove you wrong. Whatever it takes.

the proposed language does not clearly state that and you know it. explain to me the difference between protected and red circled and why they chose to separate m-friend and t-s language. they could of easily just said that ALL current full time driving jobs are protected and t-s drivers will be transferred to m-friend period.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Current T-S drivers get to keep their job. When they vacate it the job does not have to be filled.

ok so now im thinking i get it. please tell me if im right. you have two 20 year drivers. driver A has his own m-friend route and for whatever reason, driver B chose to go t-s when sat ground rolled out a year ago but is now being transitioned back to m-friend. fast forward ten years and both drivers retire. driver A's protected job will be filled by the highest seniority 22.4 but driver B's job will not cause his name was only red circled. so now there will be a list of NAMES kept of rpcd's that have a target on there back.

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
Read UPS's proposal on the subject.

byebyejobs.png

I say we have the same thing just written in a way to mislead the membership.

Tony Q

Can you explain why they are separated in the language?

The number of RPCDs working a Monday through Friday
schedule in each building, shall be verified and agreed to by
each Local Union and the Company Labor Representative, as of
August 1, 2018 and shall be protected jobs. “Protected jobs”

Those RPCDs currently working Tuesday through Saturday shall
be red circled by name and shall continue to be covered under
Article 41, Section 2.

The number of protected RPCD jobs in each building as outlined in
this Article 22.4 (1) above, shall be guaranteed from replacement
by 22.4 combination drivers or from any part-time drivers as
allowed by any Supplement, Rider or Addendum.
They are all going to be red circled. The reason they are separated is so they can identify who is Tuesday through Saturday. All these jobs are part of the Red circled RCPD jobs.

Tony Q

Surepost is the number 1 thing that has killed full time driving jobs here... and you guys did nothing about them sending even more volume to our competition....surepost was one of my top three things I wrote down on my contract survey....you guys failed
⁠UPS Financial Analysis: Video 1⁠⁦‪youtube.com‬⁩
⁠UPS Financial Analysis: Video 2⁠⁦‪youtube.com‬⁩ You should watch these two videos. After you spend the 17 minutes watching them, come talk to me.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
CLOSE! You are so damn close to the big picture!!

Only those who actually worked Monday through Friday will be counted and that count will be gospel! If your center ran 20 routes on Monday the week of the first that's the magical number!

HereWeGoAgain

We can go back & forth about what’s protected all we want! Nothing is really projected comon now, how well did the Union protect the 22.3 Jobs? UPS NEVER even created all the 22.3 jobs, it was a shell game... History will repeat itself, and if you trust UPS your an idiot.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They didn't create Jack crap for the Saturday jobs. They just did more work with less people.
And when the union didn't get all off the extra pension monies they were promised for Saturdays......they got creative and came up with 22.4 to save the pensions.

Over disciplined0123

Am I reading it wrong or only M-friend jobs included in the protected number of jobs?

The 6000 T-S jobs that were created due to Saturday delivery are transitioned to M-friend but not protected.

The number of RPCDs working a Monday through Friday
schedule in each building, shall be verified and agreed to by
each Local Union and the Company Labor Representative, as of
August 1, 2018 and shall be protected jobs. “Protected jobs” shall
include RPCDs that will continue to be replaced by employees
covered under Article 41, Section 2.
If 22.4 language gets passed. You wait and see how they will start re looping routes dissecting areas moving schedule pickups and who knows rumors of later start times for rcpds.. I hope everyone wakes the hell up !

Over disciplined0123

I asked that question at our review meeting. They said "we'll absolutely monitor the growth and make them add a new rcpd. Not one person in the room believed it. I kept asking how are you going to monitor that? "Next question please".
Next question how are they going to determine the 22.4s dispatched workday will they start dissecting each route and loops and re arranging pickups ....... NEXT QUESTION . Will some rcpds now have a later start time ?? NEXT QUESTION!!