22.4 eliminates 6000 RPCD jobs.

Mooseknuckle

I agree with you! When I say next question I'm saying they wouldn't answer it. Real answer I mean. "These aren't the droids you're looking for. Move along."

542thruNthru

I asked that question at our review meeting. They said "we'll absolutely monitor the growth and make them add a new rcpd. Not one person in the room believed it. I kept asking how are you going to monitor that? "Next question please".

They will not hire another RPCD position until they meet their 25%.

The only thing is that they will not hire more 22.4s then needed because of Saturday volume. Each 22.4 is guaranteed 8hrs/5 consecutive day. So if they hire too many they won't be able to get their 8 on Saturday.

We both know that 22.4s will be replacing our PT cover drivers. We are much different then the rest of the country because of that. I'm against 22.4 because of pay/9.5/8hrs.

Mooseknuckle

Never heard anything about them bidding. Take what's in your truck and do it. Ridiculous! They don't want anymore "spoiled" drivers.

neither of these statements are true FYI

in fact, i wish they were true we wouldn’t have lost so much money over the flop that was the Sat Ground execution
It's not my fault you ran Saturday like complete morons. Picking out zipcodes instead of exactl addresses.

Guess is too much work for you guys to figure out?

The same for having to get a signature for a Sure post package at a commercial stop.

For God's sakes ,get off your high horse.

542thruNthru

They will not hire another RPCD position until they meet their 25%.

The only thing is that they will not hire more 22.4s then needed because of Saturday volume. Each 22.4 is guaranteed 8hrs/5 consecutive day. So if they hire too many they won't be able to get their 8 on Saturday.

We both know that 22.4s will be replacing our PT cover drivers. We are much different then the rest of the country because of that. I'm against 22.4 because of pay/9.5/8hrs.

Oh my old friend @Dollar Chasing. Please share your extensive knowledge as to my what I said is optimistic? I'm sure you, who has no Sat operation can clear this all up for us.

The floor is yours sir.

Mooseknuckle

We should have never let it happen.
It's extremely important to understand that it hasn't happened. They're trying to make it happen. We still have a vote. I'm sure if it gets voted down any following offers will still have the 22.4 language in it. Keep voting no until it's not. Be prepared to strike! Anyone that works at this company should have money set aside for a protracted strike. It's part of the job like it or not. The consequences of not having it are too high.

Mooseknuckle

I'm right there with you. Problem is we already open the door for it with PT Cover Drivers working year round. Too many RPCDs don't care about it now.

You think they'll care if they're going to lose their job? The writing is on the wall. They've had 21 years to plan this. Think about this, they have Integrad facilities, building new facilities, Orion, Now this contract.

With Integrad, who monitors who/how many people they train? There's no Stewards or BA's at Integrad.

New facilities, if only current Monday to Friday RCPD jobs are "protected" who will work at all these new facilities? The protected status follows the job if work is moved, not the employee. The new off the street 22.4 will be in the beginning of their progression ($20.50). They have to update their buildings, why not get language that let's them get new people too?

Orion, Designed to take area knowledge out of the job. Well that didn't work but, if those new people make less than you...

What would you do if you ran this company and your employees cost more than your competitors?

Just a thought. lol

542thruNthru

It's extremely important to understand that it hasn't happened. They're trying to make it happen. We still have a vote. I'm sure if it gets voted down any following offers will still have the 22.4 language in it. Keep voting no until it's not. Be prepared to strike! Anyone that works at this company should have money set aside for a protracted strike. It's part of the job like it or not. The consequences of not having it are too high.

Sorry man but it happened in our area long ago. What's important is to make sure it doesn't get worse.

I'm been saving for a strike for a while. I'm very well prepared for a strike. I also warned everyone I could to save. Some listened some didn't. I remember what it was like being a cover driver and being treated like a second class driver. I don't want it to get worse.

Mooseknuckle

Sorry man but it happened in our area long ago. What's important is to make sure it doesn't get worse.

I'm been saving for a strike for a while. I'm very well prepared for a strike. I also warned everyone I could to save. Some listened some didn't. I remember what it was like being a cover driver and being treated like a second class driver. I don't want it to get worse.
Same here.

542thruNthru

You think they'll care if they're going to lose their job? The writing is on the wall. They've had 21 years to plan this. Think about this, they have Integrad facilities, building new facilities, Orion, Now this contract.

To be honest I don't understand what you mean here. (Though I have been drinking.)

With Integrad, who monitors who/how many people they train? There's no Stewards or BA's at Integrad.

They can train all the drivers they want but RPCD jobs are protected. So RPCDs in our local will not care. We have 3 buildings in SD already if they move you have the right to follow it.

New facilities, if only current Monday to Friday RCPD jobs are "protected" who will work at all these new facilities? The protected status follows the job if work is moved, not the employee. The new off the street 22.4 will be in the beginning of their progression ($20.50). They have to update their buildings, why not get language that let's them get new people too?

If a new building is built everyone in our local can bid the job just like they can now. I understand your fear of it but I highly doubt they will build a new building just to higher 10 more 22.4s. If they wanted to waste that amount of money they would just put on more RPCDs in the current 3 buildings we have.

Orion, Designed to take area knowledge out of the job. Well that didn't work but, if those new people make less than you...

Orion is a S* show that's for sure. :)

What would you do if you ran this company and your employees cost more than your competitors?

This I can not answer. I'm just a dumb package driver. Honestly luckily the contract restricts them from doing many things.

Just a thought. lol

Mooseknuckle

About training, a strike is certainly less of a threat if they have facilities spitting out new drivers.
I'm not really talking about SD. I meant nationwide. They already have new buildings built or being built.

I also wasn't talking about the right to follow a job but, the protected status of it. And, I'm not sure they have that everywhere.

Having said all that, I don't want to sound like I know everything, I definitely don't but, for example, the contract also heavily restricts the use of cover drivers and I'm sure you'll agree that's not what's happening.

The strength of a union lies in Unity. If we only worry about one area and not all areas we are defeated.
"All for one, and one for all"
"United we stand, divided we fall"
"Divide and conquer"
"E pluribus unum"
It's an old concept