22.4 in 2020

542thruNthru

I think they have also. If I remember correctly that was one of the reasons in 1994 UPS gave for raising our limit .

Well from what I can find in the FedEx forum they have been delivering 150lb packages since at least 2010.

@Wyoming your fear mongering is getting old. I hope you enjoyed this discussion. Have a nice night.

bbsam

Staff member
@bbsam or @It will be fine

What was grounds weight limit. I thought you guys have been at 150lb for a while?
It’s been 150 for at least 15 years. In the legally drafted Agreement, there is no weight limit. We’ve had items get to the building well over the limit (that doesn’t exist) that building management forces contractors to deliver. Oh, they will do an “improper shipping report” on the item but since it “made it to our building, we should deliver it.”
My own sentiment on things like that is that I wouldn’t mind if it sat on the dock for a week straight just to get the idea through to the shipper that maybe another method should be considered in the future.

542thruNthru

It’s been 150 for at least 15 years. In the legally drafted Agreement, there is no weight limit. We’ve had items get to the building well over the limit (that doesn’t exist) that building management forces contractors to deliver. Oh, they will do an “improper shipping report” on the item but since it “made it to our building, we should deliver it.”
My own sentiment on things like that is that I wouldn’t mind if it sat on the dock for a week straight just to get the idea through to the shipper that maybe another method should be considered in the future.

Thank you.

It happen in our building also. We delivered 149kg package once. That had to put in a straight truck with a fork lift. It was a granite counter top.

I told my manager to tell them to come get!.

bbsam

Staff member
I do think Home Delivery had a 70lb limit but that’s been pretty irrelevant since most contractors run Ground and HD in the same areas.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So to recap

FedEx has been delivering 150 lbs for years.

The 7 day work week we’ve all known was coming was covered in this last contract to keep RPCD from working weekends.

So total non story.

Air Recovery

This happened with a medical bed/crane at our hub. Beastly thing was on a pallet and well over 300 lbs.

Sat for weeks loool