22.4 in 2020

542thruNthru

my hub seems to be phasing them out. HR said to our covers that they can go 22.4 or go back to the hub... they don’t seem to be hiring any new covers for whatever reason ?

Covers won't work as much as they used to mainly because of the new 156 reports language.

But they will still need cover drivers to cover vacations, disability, work comp and all that. They also have rights to Monday work before 22.4s

Overpaid Union Thug

my hub seems to be phasing them out. HR said to our covers that they can go 22.4 or go back to the hub... they don’t seem to be hiring any new covers for whatever reason ?
Covers won't work as much as they used to mainly because of the new 156 reports language.

But they will still need cover drivers to cover vacations, disability, work comp and all that. They also have rights to Monday work before 22.4s

UPS needs to phase out part time drivers across the board. It will be silly not too once 22.4 positions are filled. The combination of regular drivers, 22.3s delivering air, and 22.4s will negate the need for part time drivers.

ManInBrown

Bid list posted and taken down in my center. The full sheet was signed by mostly seasonal employees, LMAO. 22.4 was a very bad contract give back where we got nothing close to a major move by UPS in return. This will be very bad moving forward for all FT UPS employees. And just wait until a recession hits and / or full roll out of 7 day delivery starts. This was the ultimate last sell out by H & H.
It was horrible. UPS reset the pay structure with 22.4s. That’s what it was all about. Not having an entire workforce of $40+ an hour drivers in 2-3 years. The least the Teamsters could have done was got us something major back in return, instead they allow the 22.4s in exchange for nothing.

R
It was horrible. UPS reset the pay structure with 22.4s. That’s what it was all about. Not having an entire workforce of $40+ an hour drivers in 2-3 years. The least the Teamsters could have done was got us something major back in return, instead they allow the 22.4s in exchange for nothing.
Remember this next year and vote every single :censored2: out of the IBT

Nah

Don't forget that 22.4s were "our" idea. Denis T can suck it.

UPSER1987

Teamster leadership aren’t the sharpest knives around and they are not there for YOUR benefit. Strikes 1 and 2.

You cant when 60% of the workforce doesn’t vote. Me and you can’t do it alone. If these arsehats get re-elected again we are all doomed
I'm praying to God I don't have to be at this place for another contract.

They didn't win the election last time by that much.

Hopefully a bunch of over worked 22.4 drivers will learn how to vote.

35years

Gravy route
We have never had part time covers here.
The only people who drive part time are air drivers.

22.4s and RPCD can be filled in for by full time cover or cut drivers...whatever you want to call them.

So someone please enlighten me...

Does the new contract allow them to replace existing full time RPCD who do not have an assigned route with 22.4s?

In other words when a full time RPCD who does not have his own route (full time vacation/cover/cut driver) signs a bid route or retires, can they replace him with a 22.4?

We have permanent bid routes and no part time covers.

We have never had part time covers here.
The only people who drive part time are air drivers.

22.4s and RPCD can be filled in for by full time cover or cut drivers...whatever you want to call them.

So someone please enlighten me...

Does the new contract allow them to replace existing full time RPCD who do not have an assigned route with 22.4s?

In other words when a full time RPCD who does not have his own route (full time vacation/cover/cut driver) signs a bid route or retires, can they replace him with a 22.4?

We have permanent bid routes and no part time covers.
Every center has an agreed amount of RPCD drivers. That number can not be lowered.
But the company can have 25% of the drivers be 22.4 drivers. So basically it's another give back with a 10 years progression for the new drivers.

Best contract ever.