22.4 or RPC’s for T-S work?

22.4 or RPCD’s for Tuesday- Saturday work?

• 22.4’s

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • RPCD’s

Votes: 27 50.0%
  • I am in denial that Saturday work is here to stay.

Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters

Dollar Chasing

Holy Jesus are you serious? If you give a 22.4 full ground rate and 9.5 protection that would be for all intent and purpose be a RPCD working T-S. You guys are killing me.
Lol yeah this is the same problem I had in another thread. They want NEW RPCD jobs to be made, with new drivers, at full driver pay, with the T-S or W-S schedule, and they want the new drivers to run them to “pay their dues.” Hilariously, they then talk about how 22.4s are getting screwed.

These people don’t really know what they want. 22.4s make basically the same rate as a RPCD up until max pay, so while these new drivers are waiting on a RPCD job, they’ll be making about the same rate as they would be in RPCD progression. So, instead of a part-timer waiting for 3-4 extra years to get a RPCD job, they can get a full-time job that pays all of their bills so they can quit their other full-time job they have to keep, and their progression transfers as well.

And yes, they’ll take OT off of all of these drivers who are complaining about 11-13 hour days and filing over 9.5 and getting paid penalty pay. It will save the company a :censored2:load of money, create full-time jobs, and placate the people who don’t want to work excessive OT or weekends.

The 22.4 makes sense.

542thruNthru

Lol yeah this is the same problem I had in another thread. They want NEW RPCD jobs to be made, with new drivers, at full driver pay, with the T-S or W-S schedule, and they want the new drivers to run them to “pay their dues.” Hilariously, they then talk about how 22.4s are getting screwed.

These people don’t really know what they want. 22.4s make basically the same rate as a RPCD up until max pay, so while these new drivers are waiting on a RPCD job, they’ll be making about the same rate as they would be in RPCD progression. So, instead of a part-timer waiting for 3-4 extra years to get a RPCD job, they can get a full-time job that pays all of their bills so they can quit their other full-time job they have to keep, and their progression transfers as well.

And yes, they’ll take OT off of all of these drivers who are complaining about 11-13 hour days and filing over 9.5 and getting paid penalty pay. It will save the company a :censored2:load of money, create full-time jobs, and placate the people who don’t want to work excessive OT or weekends.

The 22.4 makes sense.

Maybe in your building they will make the same. In my building 90% of new RPCDs will already have their progression behind them and will start at top rate.

Cover Drivers was a bad idea and 22.4s are just cover drivers on steroids.

You seem to forget that in some areas you'll be stuck as a 22.4 for longer then 4 years. We have many cover drivers with 6-7 years of driving. They dont want to be 22.4 they want to be RPCDs. So keep thinking your building is like the rest of the country.

542thruNthru

The 22.4 makes sense.

If they want to pay them less than at the bare minimum they should have 9.5 protection and 8 hour requests

Dollar Chasing

Maybe in your building they will make the same. In my building 90% of new RPCDs will already have their progression behind them and will start at top rate.

Cover Drivers was a bad idea and 22.4s are just cover drivers on steroids.

You seem to forget that in some areas you'll be stuck as a 22.4 for longer then 4 years. We have many cover drivers with 6-7 years of driving. They dont want to be 22.4 they want to be RPCDs. So keep thinking your building is like the rest of the country.
My building isn’t. We won’t have 22.4s. And those covers you have won’t be 22.4s. So keep assuming things.

542thruNthru

My building isn’t. We won’t have 22.4s. And those covers you have won’t be 22.4s. So keep assuming things.

Lol!!!! My cover drivers won't be 22.4! Wow now I know you can't see past your own building. Every single one of my cover drivers will be turned into a 22.4 or be sent back into the building. Confirmed by my BA.

So please keep assuming things. It's funny you want to talk trash about the people that want 22.4s to be RPCDs yet you won't even have any in your building. Yep you're the man we should be listening to. Lol

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Of course it stands to reason that current package car drivers would be upset about working Saturdays. It was thrust on everyone without much warning. One of the few things for me personally that makes this job worth it is weekends off. But I would work Saturdays if it means keeping 22.4 out of the contract.

Going forward working Saturday will be less and less of an issue. New package car drivers will take the job knowing they have to work weekends until they gain enough seniority.

542thruNthru

Of course it stands to reason that current package car drivers would be upset about working Saturdays. It was thrust on everyone without much warning. One of the few things for me personally that makes this job worth it is weekends off. But I would work Saturdays if it means keeping 22.4 out of the contract.

Going forward working Saturday will be less and less of an issue. New package car drivers will take the job knowing they have to work weekends until they gain enough seniority.

I know plenty of people that would work weekends if it meant they were a RPCD.

Faceplanted

I just don't understand the logic of RPCD don't want to work Saturdays but 22.4 will want to do it for less money....
You gotta earn your keep

They can not work Saturday’s, and stay in the hub either with 1 part time job, or 2 part time jobs. Most of these part timers in my building work retail as a second job, so they work on the weekend anyway.

BrownRecycler

So we should friend em? Ok, let them work 60 hours a week at a lesser rate. Good union man!

And, if it come to this?

Article 25 Section 5.

When the Company changes the sixty (60) hour rule it shall first solicit volunteers to work in excess of sixty (60) hours from all package car drivers in the center. If sufficient volunteers cannot be obtained to cover the over sixty (60) work hours, the Company will first force seasonal package car drivers, non-seniority package car drivers, parttime cover driver classifications, and then Article 22.4(b) drivers. Seniority package car drivers will only be forced after exhausting the seasonal, non-probationary drivers force process, part-time cover driver classifications and Article 22.4(b) drivers. No regular package car driver red circled under Article 22.4(b) will be forced to work on a day off and exceed sixty (60) hours unless he has a full eight (8) hours of duty available. Any regular or Article 22.4 package car driver who volunteers or is forced to work over sixty (60) hours in a week pursuant to this paragraph will be compensated at doubletime for those hours. This paragraph supersedes any provision in any Supplement, Rider or Addendum which addresses this subject. This Section is not intended to give the Company the right to force seniority package car drivers to work on a weekend unless permitted by the applicable Supplement, Rider or Addendum.

It seems to me that the company would have to limit to 55 and half to avoid the 60 hours mark or have to pay double time. Right?

542thruNthru

I just don't understand the logic of RPCD don't want to work Saturdays but 22.4 will want to do it for less money....

It's the union using FT drivers against PTers. They know we vote and prefer not to work weekends. So they assume we will S* all over the people behind us to get what we want.

Problem is it's worked in the past so they might not be wrong.

Faceplanted

It's the union using FT drivers against PTers. They know we vote and prefer not to work weekends. So they assume we will S* all over the people behind us to get what we want.

Problem is it's worked in the past so they might not be wrong.
What of they prefer To get :censored2: on? What if they vote for that? Isn’t that the whole purpose of voting and collective bargaining?

542thruNthru

What of they prefer To get :censored2: on? What if they vote for that? Isn’t that the whole purpose of voting and collective bargaining?

How someone votes is up to them but we all know the union has never done anything with PT in mind. 22.4 is to help the company and the pension.

Faceplanted

How someone votes is up to them but we all know the union has never done anything with PT in mind. 22.4 is to help the company and the pension.
We will be operating 7 days

The pension is bad in some areas

This seems to solve those issues. I hate to sound like upstate, the times are changing. This is no longer a 5 day simple operation. Pensions are suffering, times change.

As a guy who was p/t for 3 years, and cover drove for 5, I would much rather have the ft pension credits

Brownslave688

Bingo.

The IBT sees the writing on the wall for many of the pensions and this is a way to try and pump more money into them and hopefully save their ass.

Brownslave688

We will be operating 7 days

The pension is bad in some areas

This seems to solve those issues. I hate to sound like upstate, the times are changing. This is no longer a 5 day simple operation. Pensions are suffering, times change.

As a guy who was p/t for 3 years, and cover drove for 5, I would much rather have the ft pension credits
I agree 7 days is coming.

WHY IN THE HELL DO WE NEED A SECOND CLASS OF DRIVER TO DELIVER SATURDAY AND SUNDAY!!!!!

542thruNthru

Than people will be back on here crying about being forced to work 6 days a week or getting split days off. Pick a side for Christ sake.

Lol yep because we can't find a better solution then 22.4. It's obvious you have it in your mind that this is the way it is and that's that. Good for you.

I picked my side and it's not 22.4s