22.4 or RPC’s for T-S work?

22.4 or RPCD’s for Tuesday- Saturday work?

• 22.4’s

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • RPCD’s

Votes: 27 50.0%
  • I am in denial that Saturday work is here to stay.

Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters

Faceplanted

Why?

Tues- sat schedule and wed-Sunday schedule or Sunday-Thursday
Well then something would have to give. Would you give up bidding routes? Because there is no way that would work with bid routes 5 consecutive days.

What about wed and Thursday when we would be over staffed? Send people home? Lay them off?

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well then something would have to give. Would you give up bidding routes? Because there is no way that would work with bid routes 5 consecutive days.
You could have Monday-Friday bids and tues-sat bids. We do it right now and the rest of the guys are cover drivers like now.

Bring all surepost back to us but give the deliveries a 2-3 day window. This will allow the company to even out the flow of volume.

Faceplanted

You could have Monday-Friday bids and tues-sat bids. We do it right now and the rest of the guys are cover drivers like now.

Bring all surepost back to us but give the deliveries a 2-3 day window. This will allow the company to even out the flow of volume.
Add Sunday into the mix which your not doing

So who gets send home wed/thur when every driver in the center is scheduled?

Brownslave688

Add Sunday into the mix which your not doing

So who gets send home wed/thu?
Wed and thurs and by far our heaviest days. We need the most drivers those days.

Even so if a few guys didn't have routes I'm sure people to take a dead day or two would not be hard to come by.

Brownslave688

I don't know if you have 4X10 language in your supplement but it's another way for the company to save on overtime
Sort of. OT is cheaper than straight time and the company will be paying benefits on all 10 hours of a 4x10 schedule.

If you work 4x10 now you get 8 hours of OT but only 32 hours of benefit contributions.